X-4 Stormwing (otherwise known as Planes) is a flying vehicle in Battle Royale that has been vaulted in Season 8. It is a fighter plane with 5 total seats that can fit 4 passengers (on the wings) and a pilot. It has a boost, airbrake for extra mobility and mounted machine gun that overheats when fully used. When exiting the X-4 Stormwing, players will go into the skydiving state. The X-4 Stormwing is about 4 times faster than sprinting, making it the fastest form of transportation in the game.
Alongside the B.R.U.T.E, it was one of the most controversial additions to Battle Royale.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Five X-4 Stormwings were available at Frosty Flights. Stormwings could be also found at the 7 A.I.M. Expedition Outposts which appear around the island, two or three per outpost. Additionally, one X-4 Stormwing could be found in the hidden hangar under the Mansion (POI) and another at the farm airstrip near The Block.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The X-4 Stormwing was one of the first vehicles to be vaulted at the start of Season 8.
- There are leaked files showing that the X-4 Stormwing has a possibility to return in the future.
- A X-4 Stormwing can be seen on one of the monitors in a Loot Lake government facility. It also appeared inside one of the crystals in the Vault during the Unvaulting event. However it was not unvaulted, and the Drum Gun was instead.
- The X-4 seems to have inspiration from various 1920s-1930s interwar biplane fighters, with hints of design from the Gloster Gladiator, Heinkel He 74, Armstrong Whitworth Scimitar, Grumman FF/F2F/F3F, etc. However, although the plane takes design hints from other aircraft, the X-4 is not directly based on any one plane design.