X-4 Stormwing (most commonly and well known as Planes) is a flying vehicle in Battle Royale that has been vaulted in Patch 8.00. It is a fighter plane with 5 total seats that can fit 5 passengers including the pilot on the wings and a pilot in the cockpit. It has a boost, airbrake for extra mobility and mounted machine gun that overheats when fully used. When exiting the X-4 Stormwing, players will go into the skydiving state. The X-4 Stormwing is about 4x faster than sprinting, making it the fastest form of transportation in the game.
Alongside the B.R.U.T.E, it was one of the most controversial additions to Battle Royale.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Five X-4 Stormwings were available at Frosty Flights. Stormwings could be also found at the 7 Expedition Outposts which appear around the island, two or three per outpost. Additionally, one X-4 Stormwing could be found in the hidden hangar under the Mansion (POI) and another at the farm airstrip near The Block.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The X-4 Stormwing was one of the first vehicles to be vaulted at the start of Season 8.
- There were some leaked files showing that the X-4 Stormwing could be returning in the future. This was most likely for Air Royale.
- The X-4 Stormwing was seen on one of the monitors in a Loot Lake government facility. It also appeared inside one of the crystals in the Vault during the Unvaulting event. However it was not unvaulted, and the Drum Gun was instead.
- The X-4 seems to have inspiration from various 1920s-1930s interwar biplane fighters, with hints of design from the Gloster Gladiator, Heinkel He-74, Armstrong Whitworth Scimitar, Grumman FF/F2F/F3F, etc. However, although the plane takes design hints from other aircraft, the X-4 is not directly based on any one airplane design.