|This article discusses content that has been put in the Vault.
|This item has been made unavailable in order to adjust the game balance. It may return in the future.
X-4 Stormwing is a flying vehicle in Battle Royale that has been vaulted in Season 8. It is a fighter plane with 5 total seats that can fit 4 passengers (on the wings) and a pilot. It has a boost, airbrake for extra mobility and mounted machine gun that overheats when fully used. When exiting the X-4 Stormwing, players will go into the skydiving state. The X-4 Stormwing is about 4 times faster than sprinting, making it the fastest form of transportation in the game.
The X-4 Stormwing was vaulted on Patch 8.00 making it only available through spawners in Creative Mode.
- Five X-4 Stormwings are available at Frosty Flights. Stormwings can be also found at the 7 A.I.M. Expedition Outposts which appear around the island, two or three per outpost. Additionally, one X-4 Stormwing can be found in the hidden hangar under the Mansion (POI) and another at the new farm airstrip near The Block.
- The X4 Stormwing will be the first vehicle to be vaulted at the start of Season 8
- There are leaked files showing that the X-4 Stormwing has a possibility to return in the future.
Patch 8.00 (February 28, 2019)
7.10 Patch Notes (December 19, 2018
- Stormwings now take 50% more damage from hitting objects.
- Boosting now reduces the damage taken from impacts by 50%, previously boosting prevented all impact damage.
- Damage done to players that are in a Stormwing when it’s shot down has been increased from 25 to 50
- Damage is dealt directly to health.
- Stormwings will now take more damage from destroying structures by running through them.
7.01 Patch Notes (December 11, 2018
- When a plane is shot down, the driver and all passengers of that plane will now take 25 damage from the explosion.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed players being ejected from vehicles if they lost the icy feet effect.