Wailing Woods was an area on the Battle Royale map located at northeast coordinates H3-H4, I3-I4, north of Lonely Lodge and east of Tomato Temple. It was a forested area abundant in Wood with wooden sheds, cabins, an indestructible bunker and a hedge maze that contained an underground research facility in the center. In terms of area Wailing Woods was the maps largest named area.
Wailing Woods was removed at the start of Season 8.
Points and Sublocations[edit | edit source]
* Click on the map to view geographic sub-locations.
Other Loot Spots[edit | edit source]
- Hedge Maze
Props[edit | edit source]
- Underground Bunker
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Season 1[edit | edit source]
- Wailing Woods was added to the map.
Season 3[edit | edit source]
- An indestructible bunker was added to the northeast side of Wailing Woods.
Season 5[edit | edit source]
- The CUBE rolled through the forest, imprinting a rune into the ground and creating a low-gravity zone around it. It also destroyed several trees in its path.
Season 6[edit | edit source]
- Four log cabins were added to Wailing Woods. Every one of the cabins has a secret room in the basement whose entrance is hidden behind a wardrobe.
- The house in the hedge maze has been turned into a secret underground laboratory.
- The low-gravity zone has turned into a corrupt area.
- A picture of Dusty Depot was placed under the maze.
- October 13: The Floating Island enters the airspace of Wailing Woods and starts absorbing power from the rune.
- October 14: Glowing white holes that act like shockwave grenades when jumped in have appeared around the rune. The island exits the airspace of Wailing Woods and starts floating towards Rune 6.
- October 18: The rune in the middle of the corrupt area has started floating again.
- October 19: The rune starts moving towards the Floating Island.
- v.6.30: Mysterious portals have appeared in the laboratory, connecting it and the cabins.
Season 7[edit | edit source]
- The corrupted area has completely vanished, leaving a clearing in the forest.
- February 24: The grass in the west part is dying out and turning brown.
- February 25th: The grass in Wailing Woods is continuing to dry up, and the trees are turning a brownish color.
- February 27th: The forest now has ash rising from the ground.
Season 8[edit | edit source]
- Week 1: A giant volcano has rosen up from where Wailing Woods used to be, and has been covered in tropical biome. The indestructible bunker can be still found, but is covered in vines.