|This article discusses content that has been put in the Vault.
|This item has been made unavailable in order to adjust the game balance. It may return in the future.
Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle is an Assault Rifle in Battle Royale. It is available in Epic and Legendary variants. It uses Medium Bullets, has a headshot multiplier of x2.0, a scope that magnifies by 2x, and thermal sights that highlight enemies and loot containers. The Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle is inaccurate, but has perfect accuracy when scoped in, and does solid damage that never changes no matter what range it is shooting from semi-automatically. It was the only Thermal Weapon in Battle Royale.
The Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle has been added to the Vault in Season 9, making it exclusively in Creative. It was vaulted because most players has forgotten this weapon even existed. Epic Games officially said they were vaulting the weapon to free up space.
Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle has been unvaulted for 24 hours on July 2nd, 2019. Following by the Compact SMG, This is the 8th item to be unvaulted for the 14 Days of Summer event.
|Rarities/Ways to Obtain
The gun didn't make a comeback in Chapter 2 yet.
- The Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle will highlight Chests, Supply Drops, enemy heat signatures, lit Cozy Campfires and Supply Llamas with a yellow color making them easier to see against the blue that it shows everything else as.
- The Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle's damage does not change no matter what range it is shooting from. This combined with its 100% accuracy makes it optimal at longer ranges where sniper rifles are usually seen.
- The Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle has recoil after each shot, so it's recommended to tap fire.
- The Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle can be used to see enemies from afar. Build a tall tower or fort to get the most benefit out of the weapon.
- Its magazine size of 15 means that players should not fire relentlessly if they do not want to waste bullets and time reloading.
- The Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle is a poor choice for destroying materials due to its low fire rate, but it's still a better choice than most at extremely long ranges.
- The weapon can reveal bush campers, tree campers, wall campers, and even players who seem to be well hidden.
Patch 9.00 (May 9,2019)
- Weapon + Items
- Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle
Patch 5.10 (July 24, 2018)
Weapon + Items
- Supply Drop loot rates adjusted.
- Assault Rifles to 25% from 14.2%.
Patch 4.5 (June 27, 2018)
- Bug Fixes
- Thermal Scoped Rifle will now consistently exhibit intended accuracy while in scoped in.
- The Thermal Scoped Rifle no longer highlights opened chests.
4.4 Content Update (June 19, 2018)
- Bug Fixes
- Enemy built structures are no longer lit up by the thermal scope.
- Cozy Campfires are now lit by the thermal scope.
Patch 4.4 (June 12, 2018)
- Added Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle.
- Available in Epic and Legendary variants.
- Can see chests, Supply Drops, enemy heat signatures, and more.
- Uses Medium ammo.
- Can be found from floor loot, chests, and Supply Drops.
||✅ Epic & Legendary
- The weapon is inspired by the M4 carbine with a SOPMOD Block I package, fitted with a thermal scope and front grip, and an unusable flashlight and laser sight attachments.
- This weapon was a direct upgrade of the Uncommon and Rare Scoped Assault Rifle, dealing more damage and having a thermal scope. However, it shoots 0.2 seconds slower. (The Epic and Legendary Scoped Assault Rifle is the same as the Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle, but it has no Thermal Scope, a 0.2 seconds faster firerate and a larger magazine of 20.)
- The Thermal Scoped Assault Rifle was the rarest weapon in the game, with only a 0.4% chance of finding one from a chest or floor loot.
|Battle Royale Content|
| Seasonal Foraged Map Objects|
) • Rifts
) • Shadow Stones
) • Ziplines
, C2 1
, C2 2
) • Volcano Vents
) • Slipstream
) • Secret Passages
) • Whirlpool