|This article is about the former named location. For other uses, see Shark.|
The Shark was a named Point Of Interest in Battle Royale which was added to the Map in Chapter 2 Season 2, located inside the coordinate B1, far north of Sweaty Sands and northwest of Pleasant Park, in the top leftmost corner of the map. It was an island with a large prison that used to be owned by Ghost with a rock formation in the outline of a shark. It was destroyed in Chapter 2 Season 3 by a flood and became a landmark called Sharky Shell. Skye patrolled the area with her Assault Rifle and her Grappler, which were both dropped upon her death.
There were security cameras and turrets, as well as Henchmen, stationed throughout the facility. Multiple phone booths are also located around the area, which allow for the player to disguise themselves. As the POI is located on an island, there are Motorboats that can be found near the docks, the shore, and the Shark's mouth. There was also a Choppa located on a helipad.
Points and Sublocations[edit | edit source]
* Click on the map to view geographic sub-locations.
For more details on structures, visit The Shark/Buildings
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
- The Shark was added to the map.
- Coral have begun to grow in the vents at The Shark.
- A Choppa been added to The Shark.
- The Shark was taken over by Ghost and was converted into a prison.
- Skye is now her Ghost style and the Henchmen are now Ghost Henchmen.
- The weapons have also been converted into their Ghost counterparts.
- Construction work between Sweaty Sands and The Shark have begun for a concert stage.
- Fortnite has confirmed the concert (Called: The Astronomical Event) which will take place on 23-25 April in between The Shark and Sweaty Sands.
- The Purple Dot in the sky is getting closer to the map, more of the stage has been built and is in the water, golden heads around Sweaty Sands and The Shark have appeared showing Travis Scott’s face and a carnival tent has also appeared on the west side of a island between Sweaty Sands and The Shark. This is teasing the upcoming Astronomical Event which is set to take place this week on the 23-25 April 2020.
- The stage is now complete and a countdown has appeared with a big purple beacon appearing in the sky (much like the yellow beacon from the Season 4 The Blast-Off Event and the Season X Event The End Event) The Astronomical Event was an event that took place on the 23-25 April and had a total of 5 shows.
- The Shark has almost completely flooded. Only the tip of the Shark's face is accessible. Also, the Prison area has been completely destroyed. The location is now a landmark and has been renamed to Sharky Shell.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Shark was added as an island in Creative but not the prison one.
- The Shark was the third location that became a Creative island. The first was The Block and the second was the Volcano (POI).