The Getaway (gamemode)
|The players will race to find a Jewel and take it to a Getaway Van before everyone else to win the match|
|Genre||Battle Royale LTM|
|Release||September 6, 2018|
|Last Featured||Patch 8.10|
LTM Rules and Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- The goal is to find or steal a Jewel and take it to one of the vans in order to secure a Victory Royale.
- Up to 4 players can earn a Victory Royale in the LTM.
- Once they arrive, safe drops and Getaway Vans will be visible on the map at all times.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode, but Umbrellas are not awarded for wins.
Jewels[edit | edit source]
- Can be found in special supply drop safes, located along the edge of the first storm circle. The safes take a long time to open, so make sure the area is clear before attempting to claim a Jewel!
- Four Jewels will be in play on the map at all times. If a player escapes with a Jewel or one is lost in the storm, a new supply drop will bring a replacement.
- When a Jewel is picked up, it will be visible on the map to everyone for 30 seconds.
- Carrying a Jewel will give players health & shields over time, but also slow them down by 10%.
Diamond in ally/friendly
Diamond in opponent
Diamond in neutral
Getaway Vans[edit | edit source]
- Four total Getaway Vans will be in the map, three that arrive early in the match and one more that shows up near the end.
- Getaway Vans float in mid-air, Jewel carriers must build up and then interact with them in order to complete a Getaway.
Getaway Van arrived
Getaway Van taken
Pursuit Supply Drops[edit | edit source]
- 12 red "Pursuit" Supply Drops land at the very beginning of the match. These carry a variety of longer-range weapons and other items, and are the only way to obtain the Grappler on the mode.
Storm and Map[edit | edit source]
- No changes to storm and map.
- Rifts have been removed to reduce mobility for Getaway Van engagements.
Loot[edit | edit source]
- Resource harvesting amounts increased by 50%.
- Only Rare weapons or higher will be found in this mode.
- Rift-To-Go and Launch Pad have been removed to reduce mobility for Getaway Van engagements.