Sweaty Sands is a named Point Of Interest in Battle Royale added in Chapter 2 Season 1, located inside the coordinates B3, C3, B4 and C4, northwest of Salty Springs, north of Holly Hedges and southwest of Pleasant Park. It is a beach town with white sands and clear water, along with a big hotel, pier and ice cream shop called SoFDeeZ. The layout of this POI resembles Paradise Palms from the original Battle Royale map from Chapter 1 Season 5. Sweaty Sands has the most chests of any location in Chapter 2, with 34 Chests.
- 1 Points and Sublocations
- 2 Related Achievements
- 3 Map Changes
- 4 Trivia
Points and Sublocations[edit | edit source]
* Click on the map to view geographic sub-locations.
For more details on structures, visit Sweaty Sands/Buildings
Other Loot Spots[edit | edit source]
- Hotel 23
- TACOS Stand.
- NOMS grocery store
- Knepley’s Pawn Shop
- Joel 's Pub
- Cap'n Carp
- Unnamed Cafe
- Skate park
- Private house
Related Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Pier Fishing: Caught a fish off of the Sweaty Sands pier.
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
- Sweaty Sands was added to the map.
- The entry sign at Sweaty Sands is now complete.
- October 29th: Halloween decorations have been added to Sweaty Sands for the Fortnitemares event, and furniture has become haunted and begun to float.
- November 5th: The Halloween decorations have been removed from Sweaty Sands, and furniture is no longer haunted.
- December 7th: Multiple posters have appeared around Sweaty Sands, having the same information as the Risky Reels movie screen of Star Wars.
- December 15th: All posters about the Star Wars event have been taken down.
- December 25th: Sweaty Sands has been covered in snow.
- January 7th: The snow melted from Sweaty Sands.
- Several Ghost and Shadow mailboxes and Shadow recruitment posters have appeared around Sweaty Sands.
- Multiple cars have crashed outside Sweaty Sands, presumably as a result of a police chase.
- No Sweat Insurance signs appeared all over Sweaty Sands.
- April 17th: Multiple posters have appeared around Sweaty Sands relating to music, a planet, and Sweaty Sands.
- April 19: Construction work between Sweaty Sands and The Shark have begun for a concert stage.
- The Astronomical Event posters hung around Sweaty Sands have been updated, showing the time and dates of the Astronomical Event.
- The stage north of Sweaty Sands has continued construction.
- Multiple inflated astro heads have appeared around land nearby the stage.
- The stage is now complete and a countdown has appeared with a big purple beacon appearing in the sky (much like the yellow beacon from the Season 4 The Blast-Off Event and the Season X Event The End Event) The Astronomical Event was an event that took place on the 23-25 April and had a total of 5 shows.
- All posters about the Travis Scott’s Astronomical Event have been taken down.
V13.0[edit | edit source]
- Sweaty Sands has flooded, however the houses, hotel and SofDeez pier have all been saved by No Sweat Insurance, who installed floaties on all the buildings. However, rubble surrounds most of the area and the beach area is completely flooded.
- June 23rd: A mini film set has appeared at the pier. Nothing else is happening yet.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The original name for this location was Sunny Shores.
- Hotel 23 is almost identical to its appearance at Paradise Palms, possibly as an Easter egg.
- This is the first named location to have a SoFDeeZ restaurant. SoFDeeZ was previously outside of the Race Track (POI) near Paradise Palms.
- The name of this location may be a reference to the "sweating" playstyle, where a player attempts to play technically perfect (often ruining other people's fun in the process).
- Sweaty Sands has the most chests of any location in Chapter 2, with 34 Chests. The only location that had more was Tilted Towers.
- As of v13.20, Sweaty Sands is unique as it is the only location in the game to have two Reboot Van symbols on the map. This is because the first one is the original one from before the flood, and the second one is the new one.