Submachine Gun (Battle Royale)
|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
|Introduced||5.0 Content Update|
|Last Adjustment||Patch 12.00|
The weapon being discussed in this page is the weapon currently in Battle Royale with the name "Submachine Gun". If you are looking for the "Submachine Gun" from Seasons 1 and 2, see Machine Pistol.
Submachine Gun is an SMG in Battle Royale. It is available in , and variants. The Submachine Gun was introduced in the 5.0 content update, replacing the Tactical Submachine Gun.
All of the SMG's variants can be found from floor loot. The- variants can be found from chests. The variant can be found from fishing.
The Submachine Gun was rotated out in Patch 7.30, making it therefore currently available exclusively in Creative, Playground and in Unvaulted LTM. It was vaulted due for the Suppressed SMG to be unvaulted again.
The SMG was unvaulted on the initial patch of Chapter 2 Season 1 with the additions of the and variants, replacing the Suppressed SMG and the Tactical SMG. The and variants were then vaulted on the initial patch of Chapter 2 Season 2 due to being overpowered. The and variants of the SMG were replaced by the Suppressed Submachine Gun and possibly the Minigun.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Vaulted[edit | edit source]
Textures[edit | edit source]
, and Textures:[edit | edit source]
After Patch 11.0:
and Texture:[edit | edit source]
Availability[edit | edit source]
Submachine Gun has a chance to appear among same weapon class in the following circumstances:
|Class||Chest Loot||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Supply Llama|
Submachine Gun has a chance to appear among all weapons in the following circumstances:
|Rarity||Chest Loot||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Supply Llama|
Changes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Submachine Gun’s Texture used to be glitched from Season 7 to Chapter 2, Season 1 as it was smaller and off center.
- The Winterfest.
and Submachine Gun is considered by some to be overpowered with its high damage per second and quick reload. Due to this, some had even predicted the and Submachine Gun to be vaulted after
- Despite the prediction, these variants were not vaulted after Winterfest.
- The Compact SMG with a nerfed clip size and buffed rate of fire. and Submachine Gun is essentially a
- This SMG did not coexist with the Tactical Submachine Gun outside of LTMS.
- The Submachine Gun shared its resemblance with the Save the World weapon Specter.
- Given the fact that this weapon and the Suppressed Submachine Gun are based off of variants of the H&K MP5, they share visual similarities.
- The SMG is very good at close to medium range and boasts a fire rate of 12 bullets per second. It looks like the Suppressed Submachine Gun, with a higher rate of fire, but shorter range. The SMG is like a less powerful Tactical SMG. If needed, you can use it as an Assault Rifle. The SMG can even be used in final battles and you can rush with it too. It can easily tear through any walls opponents make.
- This may be the reason why the weapon was vaulted
- The Submachine Gun is often referred to by the community as the Heckler und Koch MP5, due to popularity in many FPS games like CoD, while the upper-tier Epic and Legendary variants are referred to as the Fabrique Nationale FN P90, due to the submachine gun's signature design. Curiously enough, the P90 Submachine Gun actually shares its model with the Compact SMG, which ironically enough is also a P90 with a larger clip and nerfed fire rate.
- One thought of why the weapon was vaulted was because the fire rate of the weapon was higher than any SMG in the game (even the Compact) and the 2nd highest ever (tied with the Minigun and beaten only by the Tactical SMG). Because of this, the Compact SMG (unless the player found a Common SMG, then the Compact would be better) was much less useful as the DPS for and SMGs beat all Compact SMGs.
- The SMG is weaker that the Compact.
- The fact that the white MP5 SMG is weaker than the Compact aside, the fact that it had a higher DPS than the Compact P90 SMG led to people favouring the MP5 more, as it absolutely shredded through builds. It can be said that the gamers' opinions on the MP5 was pretty much the same as when the Desert Eagle Hand Cannon got the damage buff to structures, allowing the Desert Eagle to one-shot freshly placed wood, brick and metal builds.
- Today the Submachine Gun looks slightly darker than in Seasons 5 and 7.
- This is the first SMG to be available in all 5 rarities. The Tactical SMG almost had all 5 rarities, but is missing the variant.
- This SMG was streamlined (which is using all rarities) like all other weapons that were still in the game
- The and SMG's reload time appears to be quicker than the , and variants. This may be a bug.
References[edit | edit source]