Steamy Stacks is a named POI on the Battle Royale Map inside the coordinates G2 and H2, and located a east of Craggy Cliffs, north of Dirty Docks, and east of Pleasant Park. It is a massive nuclear power plant using the power of the CUBE, run by a company called Kevolution Energy.
There are power lines coming out of this location connecting it to Retail Row, the power lines are actually Ziplines that can be ridden all the way to Retail Row. Each of the buildings in the location are numbered to 5, but for some reason there is no building 1, it starts at 2.
Points and Sublocations[edit | edit source]
Building 2[edit | edit source]
The main building in the location. It has a lobby and a large room containg something that might be the main reactor, in a pool of purple water, which most likely acts as a coolant. This is very similar to a real-life pool-type nuclear reactor. The purple color of the coolant is likely caused by the cube. This room is seems to be highly contaminated and radioactive (or at the very least dangerous for some reason) as all the the entrances are accessed through two vault-doors. The radioactive liquid doesn't, however, have any actual effects on the players who enter the room or the liquid. Unusually, it's possible to fish in this liquid. There is a huge control room overlooking the reactor room, as well as a smaller one with pink donuts inside. This is a reference to the popular TV show "The Simpsons", where Homer Simpson, who likes donuts, works as a safety inspector at the Springfield nuclear power plant.
Building 3[edit | edit source]
The smallest of the buildings by far, it is a building for the substation that the power lines come out of, connecting the location to Retail Row.
Building 4[edit | edit source]
A building with a large room inside that has what appears to be a generator, or part of the process to creating nuclear power, the pipes coming from building 2 appear to be headed to this building. The main room in this building is not radioactive as the main room does not appear to have any protection.
Building 5[edit | edit source]
The final building located behind the Cooling Towers similar to building 4 and it has a large garage/warehouse.
Other Loot Spots[edit | edit source]
- Cooling Towers
- Parking Lot
- Outlets Into Ocean
- Stations near Cooling Towers
Related Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Going Nuclear: Eliminated 235 opponents at Steamy Stacks.
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Chapter 2 Season 1[edit | edit source]
- Steamy Stacks was added to the map.
- December 25: Steamy Stacks is covered in snow.
- January 8: The snow is gone.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This location was originally called "Power Plant". It was more than likely changed due to being too similar to a POI name on the original Battle Royale map - Pressure Plant.
- Kevolution is possibly owned by A.L.T.E.R. and Chaos Agent.
- It was suggested in an official news post that Kevolution Energy's management owns The Combine.
- Steamy Stacks prefabs can be found in creative, under "Power Plant", the location's original name.