Steamy Stacks is a named Point Of Interest in Battle Royale added in Chapter 2 Season 1, located inside the coordinates G2 and H2, east of Craggy Cliffs, north of Dirty Docks, slightly southwest of The Yacht, and east of Pleasant Park. It is a massive nuclear power plant using the power of the CUBE, run by a company called Kevolution Energy.
There are power lines coming out of this location connecting it to Retail Row, the power lines are actually Ziplines that can be ridden all the way to Retail Row. Each of the buildings in the location are numbered to 5, but for some reason there is no building 1, it starts at 2.
- 1 Points and Sublocations
- 2 Related Achievements
- 3 Map Changes
- 4 Trivia
Points and Sublocations[edit | edit source]
* Click on the map to view geographic sub-locations.
For more details on structures, visit Steamy Stacks/Buildings
Building 2[edit | edit source]
The main building in the location. It has a lobby and a large room containing the main reactor in a pool of purple water, which most likely acts as a coolant. This is very similar to a real-life pool-type nuclear reactor. The purple color of the coolant is likely caused by the cube. This room is seems to be highly contaminated and radioactive (or at the very least dangerous for some reason) as all the the entrances are accessed through two vault-doors. The radioactive liquid doesn't, however, have any actual effects on the players who enter the room or the liquid. Unusually, it's possible to fish in this liquid. There is a huge control room overlooking the reactor room, as well as a smaller one with pink donuts inside. This is a reference to the popular TV show "The Simpsons", where Homer Simpson, who likes donuts, works as a safety inspector at the Springfield nuclear power plant.
Building 3[edit | edit source]
The smallest of the buildings by far, it is a building for the substation that the power lines come out of, connecting the location to Retail Row.
Building 4[edit | edit source]
A building with a large room inside that has what appears to be a generator, or part of the process to creating nuclear power, the pipes coming from building 2 appear to be headed to this building. The main room in this building is not radioactive as the main room does not appear to have any protection.
Building 5[edit | edit source]
The final building located behind the Cooling Towers similar to building 4 and it has a large garage/warehouse.
Other Loot Spots[edit | edit source]
- Cooling Towers
- Parking Lot
- Outlets Into Ocean
- Stations near Cooling Towers
- The street. :)
Related Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Going Nuclear: Eliminated 235 opponents at Steamy Stacks.
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
- Steamy Stacks was added to the map.
- December 7th: Multiple posters have appeared around Steamy Stacks, having the same information as the Risky Reels movie screen of Star Wars.
- December 15th: All posters about the Star Wars event have been taken down.
- December 25th: Steamy Stacks has been covered in snow.
- January 8th: The snow melted from Steamy Stacks.
- Several Ghost and Shadow mailboxes and Shadow recruitment posters have appeared around Steamy Stacks.
- April 17th: Multiple posters have appeared around Steamy Stacks relating to music, a planet, and Sweaty Sands.
- The Astronomical Event posters hung around Steamy Stacks have been updated, showing the time and dates of the Astronomical Event.
- All posters about the Travis Scott’s Astronomical Event have been taken down.
- Steamy Stacks has suffered minor flooding.
- July 1st: The flood decreased, making the parking lot of Steamy Stacks accessible again. The parking lot suffered minor damaging.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This location was originally called "Power Plant". It was more than likely changed due to being too similar to a POI name on the original Battle Royale map - Pressure Plant.
- Steamy Stacks prefabs can be found in creative, under "Power Plant", the location's original name.