A large purple mist monster that charges.|
Charge attack. Will attack base unless distracted by players.|
Charges towards its target.|
|Weapons to use||
Melee or Ranged.|
Smashers are tank-like enemies whose sole purpose is to smash through a fort's defenses to allow other monsters access. They have high health and will quickly demolish almost any type of Building. They also deal damage if the player gets struck by one. However, they do not directly damage the objective themselves.
They are first introduced during Stonewood Storm Shield Defense 4 and are primarily found in siege/defense Missions but they can be found sleeping in the maps as well.
- Slam - Slams the ground when attacked within melee range by heroes. Does high damage and knocks back.
- Charge - Charges in a straight line, knocking back heroes, along with high damage. After completing the charge, the smasher will be tuckered out and be unable to attack or move for a short moment.
- Wall Crasher - Similar to charge but the smasher spins as it does so, devastating walls. A fully upgraded metal wall may be able to survive one of these, but will rarely survive another.
- Stairs and sloped roofs are immune to the Smasher's charge and wall crasher attacks— A charging Smasher will simply run over the top and down the other side of a pyramid-shaped structure. They are still able to attack sloped surfaces if they get within melee range of them, but the slopes mitigate their most dangerous attacks.
- Creating false structures may draw a Smasher to attack it instead of the objective. This is especially useful in Storm Shield Defense missions as built structures persist between missions.
- Smashers are highly impact resistant, but weapons or traps with high enough impact can stop them during their charge. Be careful that lower levels of impact will simply be ignored by the Smasher, so it is not worth using low leveled impact traps if their goal is to deter Smashers.
- The Outlander ability TEDDY will also stop the charge if placed in the Smasher's way.
6.10 Patch Notes (October 16, 2018)
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that caused players to get stuck when they hit a Smasher or Riot Husky with Bull Rush.
5.40 Patch Notes (September 6, 2018)
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed issue with Smasher sounds not triggering consistently.
- Fixed several issues with music such as music retriggering during Smasher intro, multiple tracks playing in the Lobby and music not playing in the Main Menus.
1.2 Patch Notes (July 20, 2017)
- Fixed an issue where the Smasher's movement would become broken if it was hit with the Constructor's Bull Rush ability