Smashers are tank-like enemies whose primary purpose is to smash through a fort's defenses to allow other monsters access. They have high health and will quickly demolish almost any type of Building. They also deal damage if the player gets struck by one. However, they do not directly damage the objective themselves.
If Smashers are disturbed while patrolling or sleeping, then they will only attack players.
In later areas, their charge attack can be particularly devastating, able to heavily damage an unaware hero, if not outright kill them. They can be found roaming in the map starting in higher levels of the Plankerton tier and often appear during sieges in all tiers. They are especially dangerous when close quarters near the base. They are highly resistant to impact and are hard to eliminate due to their high health.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Slam - Slams the ground when attacked within melee range by heroes. Does high damage and knocks back.
- Charge - Charges in a straight line, knocking back heroes, along with high damage. After completing the charge, the smasher will be tuckered out and be unable to attack or move for a short moment. If the smasher targets the player, then their charge will chase the targeted player.
- Wall Crasher - Similar to charge but the smasher spins as it does so, devastating walls. A fully upgraded metal wall may be able to survive one of these, but will rarely survive another.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
- Creating false structures may draw a Smasher to attack it instead of the objective. This is especially useful in Storm Shield Defense missions as built structures persist between missions.
- Smashers are highly impact resistant, but weapons or traps with high enough impact can stop them during their charge. Be careful that lower levels of impact will simply be ignored by the Smasher, so it is not worth using low leveled impact traps if their goal is to deter Smashers.
- The Constructor ability Bull Rush will stop the charge if used against the smasher while its charging
- The Outlander ability TEDDY will also stop the charge if placed in the Smasher's way.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]