|This article discusses content that has been put in the Vault.
|This item has been made unavailable in order to adjust the game balance. It may return in the future.
Shadow Bomb was a Uncommon Utility Item in Battle Royale. It can be thrown below the player to shroud them in a invisible dark cloud for 6 seconds. While under the effect, the player gains the ability to double jump and jump off walls, as well as fastened movement speed, but is unable to loot, use weapons, or consume healing items.
Shadow Bombs were vaulted on Patch 10.00, making them currently only available in Playground and Creative. They were vaulted to reduce the number of mobility items in game.
Shadow Bombs have a chance to appear among other utility items and consumables per loot sources in the following circumstances:
Shadow Bombs have a chance to appear among all utility items and consumables in the following circumstances:
Patch 10.00 (August 1, 2019)
Weapons + Items
- Shadow Bomb
- Over time, we have added many mobility options, both itemized and map-based. We feel that Season X is better experienced with a reduction in mobility. As with all changes, we’ll keep a close eye on how this affects the player experience.
Patch 9.10 (May 22, 2019)
- Shadow Bombs
- Reduced availability from floor loot from .835% to .677%
- Reduced availability from chests from 4.65% to 3.98%
- Reduced drop count from 3 to 2.
- Shadow Bombs have seen a lot of late-game use, and we wanted to encourage risk vs. reward when picking the item up. By leaving maximum stack size the same & reducing availability, the item’s potential remains the same but swapping a spot for it early on is riskier.
Patch 8.51 (May 1st, 2019)
- Shadow Bombs
- Become one with the shadows! Engulf yourself in darkness with this new item, becoming invisible to enemies, increasing your speed, and allowing the ability to perform double jumps.
|Battle Royale Content|
| Seasonal Foraged Map Objects|
) • Rifts
) • Shadow Stones
) • Ziplines
) • Volcano Vents
) • Slipstream