Season 8 of Battle Royale ran from February 28th to May 8th, 2019. A volcano rose up from where Wailing Woods and the Container Yard used to be and covered the northeast part of the map with jungle biome. Pirates also invaded the island and began the events of Season 8.
The season features major changes to the map, including a new jungle biome, a giant volcano, lava, Pirate Cannons, pirate campsites and more.
- 1 Teasers
- 2 Riddles
- 3 Battle Pass
- 4 Cosmetics
- 5 Weapons and Item Releases
- 5.1 8.00 Patch Notes (February 28th)
- 5.2 8.01 Patch Notes (March 6th)
- 5.3 8.10 Patch Notes (March 12th)
- 5.4 8.11 Patch Notes (March 20th)
- 5.5 8.20 Patch Notes (March 27th)
- 5.6 8.20 Content Update (April 2nd)
- 5.7 8.30 Patch Notes (April 10th)
- 5.8 8.40 Patch Notes (April 17th)
- 5.9 8.50 Patch Notes (April 25th)
- 5.10 8.51 Patch Notes (May 1st)
- 6 Map Changes
[edit | edit source]
Starting from the 24th of February, Epic Games started releasing a Season 8 teasers along with riddles every day until the season began. These teasers revealed part of a larger Season 8 poster, (a skull), while the riddles gave us some clues as to how Season 8 would play out.
Riddles[edit | edit source]
'X' Marks The Spot
Explore the world
Battle Pass[edit | edit source]
The Battle Pass for Season 8 is a way to earn exclusive in-game rewards by playing Battle Royale during Season 8 and is available for purchase from the Item Shop for 950 V-Bucks. These rewards include: Outfits, Gliders, Wraps, Harvesting Tools, Pets, Back Bling, Emotes, Sprays, Toys, Contrails, Music, Loading Screens and more.
All in-game items that can be unlocked stay and do not expire. Free Pass rewards are available to all players and purchase is not necessary while Battle Pass rewards are only available to players that purchased the Battle Pass with V-Bucks. A bundle that includes automatic completion of the first 25 Tiers was also offered for 2800 V-Bucks and can be purchased anytime during the season. If you completed 13 Overtime Challenges during Season 7, you would receive a battle pass for free.
Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
Various thematic sets including Cosmetic Skins, Harvesting Tools, Emotes and Gliders were also released on Season 8 as part of the item shop components on daily rotation basis and Battle Pass rewards. Loading Screens are granted from completing Battle Pass Challenges:
|Astral Axe||Epic||Harvesting Tool||2019-05-03|
|Lunar Light||Epic||Back Bling||2019-05-03|
|Shattered Wing||Rare||Back Bling||2019-05-03|
|Slice 'N Dice||Epic||Back Bling||2019-05-02|
|Flint Striker||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||2019-05-02|
|Diamond Star||Epic||Back Bling||2019-05-01|
|Silver Sledge||Rare||Harvesting Tool||2019-05-01|
|Crimson Scythe||Rare||Harvesting Tool||2019-04-30|
|Star-Lord Pack||Marvel||Back Bling||2019-04-29|
|Guardian Axe||Marvel||Harvesting Tool||2019-04-29|
|Black Widow Outfit||Marvel||Outfit||2019-04-25|
|Widow's Pack||Marvel||Back Bling||2019-04-25|
|Widow's Bite||Marvel||Harvesting Tool||2019-04-25|
|Steel Carrot||Rare||Harvesting Tool||2019-04-20|
|Bunny Bag||Rare||Back Bling||2019-04-19|
|Bold Bar||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||2019-04-19|
|Relax Axe||Rare||Harvesting Tool||2019-04-17|
|Peely Pick||Rare||Harvesting Tool||2019-04-11|
|High Seas||Rare||Harvesting Tool||2019-04-10|
|Barrel & Booty||Rare||Back Bling||2019-04-10|
|Demon Skull||Epic||Harvesting Tool||2019-04-08|
|Prickly Axe||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||2019-04-04|
|Battle Mask||Epic||Back Bling||2019-03-31|
|Cuddle Doll||Epic||Back Bling||2019-03-31|
|Strike Zone||Rare||Back Bling||2019-03-28|
|Double Play||Rare||Back Bling||2019-03-28|
|Grand Slammer||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||2019-03-27|
|Malice Wings||Legendary||Back Bling||2019-03-22|
|Burning Axe||Epic||Harvesting Tool||2019-03-22|
|Psionic Edge||Rare||Harvesting Tool||2019-03-19|
|Flimsie Flail||Rare||Harvesting Tool||2019-03-19|
|Dual Kama||Epic||Back Bling||2019-03-16|
|Katana & Kunai||Epic||Back Bling||2019-03-16|
|Rainbow Clover||Epic||Back Bling||2019-03-16|
|Emerald Smasher||Rare||Harvesting Tool||2019-03-16|
|Crystal Llama||Rare||Back Bling||2019-03-14|
|Banana Bag||Rare||Back Bling||2019-03-13|
|Fresh Cut||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||2019-03-13|
|Sun Wings||Rare||Back Bling||2019-03-08|
|Brute Force||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||2019-03-05|
|Sun Sprout||Uncommon||Back Bling||2019-03-05|
|Gold Digger||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||2019-03-05|
|Response Unit||Rare||Back Bling||2019-03-02|
|Angular Axe||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||2019-03-02|
|Bendie Inflator||Rare||Back Bling||2019-03-01|
|Twistie Inflator||Rare||Back Bling||2019-03-01|
Weapons and Item Releases[edit | edit source]
8.00 Patch Notes (February 28th)[edit | edit source]
- Push the Cannon into position, take aim, and fire! Alternatively, climb into the barrel and launch yourself!
- The cannon will fire projectiles or players a great distance. Projectiles and players can plow through a number of objects before stopping with a bang, causing damage and knockback to nearby players.
- Deals 100 Damage to enemies on a direct hit and 50 Damage to enemies within a small radius.
- Found throughout the environment.
8.01 Patch Notes (March 6th)[edit | edit source]
- It’s a map that is used to track down buried chests on the map.
- Chests contain a trove of legendary loot.
- X marks the spot! The chest must be dug up using a pickaxe.
- There is a limit of one map held at a time.
- Legendary Rarity.
- Can be found from Floor Loot and Chests.
8.10 Patch Notes (March 12th)[edit | edit source]
- This single seat vehicle is found at Expedition Outposts and around pirate camp loot stashes
- Use the attached Grappler and Boost functionality to pull yourself up cliffs or swing through the trees
- The driver is protected from damage, but The BalIer is vulnerable to enemy weapon fire.
- Has 300 Health
8.11 Patch Notes (March 20th)[edit | edit source]
- Uncommon Rarity
- 96 Body Shot Damage
- Knocks back the shooter if not crouching. The person that gets shot also gets knocked back.
- Can be used to not take fall damage.
8.20 Patch Notes (March 27th)[edit | edit source]
- Available in Uncommon Rarity.
- Can be placed on walls, floors, and ceilings.
- Found from Floor Loot.
- Can be triggered up to three grid cells away.
- Fires Poison Dart projectiles a distance of three horizontal grid cells (four vertical grid cells).
- Targets hit by darts will receive a damage-over-time effect that applies damage directly to health, bypassing any shields.
- 10 health damage per tick.
- 8 total ticks over 7 seconds for a total damage of 80.
- Subsequent hits will refresh the duration of the effect, but the amount of damage per tick does not change.
- New Foraged Items
- "Instantly grant 5 health when consumed.
- Can be found in the tropical biome.
- Foraged by damaging palm trees.
- When consumed, Coconuts grant 5 points of effective health over a short time. That means it will replenish shields if the player is at max health.
- Can be found in tropical and desert biomes.
- When consumed, peppers instantly grant 5 health and also increase the player’s movement speed by 20% for 10 seconds.
- Can be found in the desert biome.
8.20 Content Update (April 2nd)[edit | edit source]
- Fires Arrows with a Shotgun Shell tip, which explode on impact.
- Uses Shotgun Ammo
- The longer you hold the fire keybind down, the faster the shot will go!
- Explosive damage is consistent regardless of the power of the shot.
- The Boom Bow will achieve maximum power after 1.6 seconds of charging.
- A direct hit will deal both the direct hit damage and the explosion damage to the enemy player it impacts.
- Direct hit
- Base damage 15
- Headshot Multiplier: 2x
- 100 damage
- Direct hit
8.30 Patch Notes (April 10th)[edit | edit source]
Reboot Van / Cards
- Reboot Vans have now been added to the map at all major POIs.
- When squad members are eliminated they now drop their Reboot Card, which can be collected by other squad members.
- Reboot Vans / Cards are disabled in Solos, Big Team Limited Time Modes, and any modes with respawns enabled.
- Reboot Cards remain in the world for 90s after they’ve been dropped.
- Pickup Interaction time: 0.5 seconds.
- Bringing Reboot Cards to Reboot Vans will bring each squad member whose card has been collected back into battle.
- Collected Reboot Cards can be turned in by any squad member regardless of which member picked up the Card.
- Interaction time: 10 seconds.
- A Reboot Van goes on cooldown and cannot be activated again for 120 seconds after it’s used.
- Rebooted squad members return with:
- 100 Health
- 1 Common Pistol
- 36 Light Ammo
- 100 Wood
8.40 Patch Notes (April 17th)[edit | edit source]
- Egg Launcher
- Everyone’s favorite egg-themed Grenade Launcher skin is back!
- This is a visual only change for the Grenade Launcher.
- Infantry Rifle
- Added Epic and Legendary Infantry Rifle variants.
- Deals 42/44 damage.
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops and Vending Machines.
- Uses Medium Ammo.
- Added Epic and Legendary Infantry Rifle variants.
8.50 Patch Notes (April 25th)[edit | edit source]
- The Infinity Gauntlet has returned in the Endgame LTM!
- The first Chitauri Invader that collects a infinity stone will turn into Thanos with a Infinity Gauntlet.
- It has a a powerful punch, a destructive beam attack, and the ability to jump high into the air and then smash anything in its way when thanos comes back down.
- Iron Man Repulsors, Stormbreaker, Captain America's Shield and Hawkeye's Bow weapons have all been added as a part of the Endgame LTM.
- Only heroes have access to these items.
- In the Endgame LTM, Chitauri Invaders have a powerful laser rifle, an anti-structure grenade attack, and a jetpack that lets them briefly leap high into the air.
8.51 Patch Notes (May 1st)[edit | edit source]
- Shadow Bomb
- Shrouds yourself in shadow, briefly becoming invisible to enemies.
- 6-second duration
- User becomes more visible to others near the end of the effect.
- Increases your movement speed, provides the ability to double jump, and wall jump.
- Players are unable to attack, build, or loot while under the effects of the Shadow Bomb.
- Rarity: Uncommon
- Can hold a maximum of 6
- Can be found from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops, and Supply Llamas.
- Shrouds yourself in shadow, briefly becoming invisible to enemies.
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Map v8.00 (February 28th)[edit | edit source]
- The northeast part of the map has been covered in jungle, with a large volcano and lava river at the centre. Some of the missing eggs previously seen at Polar Peak and a throne can be found inside the volcano. There are also stone heads similar to the stone heads from Season 5 in the jungle.
- New POIs: Lazy Lagoon and Sunny Steps.
- Tomato Temple is no longer a named POI.
- The store, pass n gas, and house at Tomato Temple were removed.
- The underground section of Tomato Temple was covered up by the new biome.
- The road tunnel is filled with lava and it’s northern exit is blocked with stone.
- Lazy Links was replaced by Lazy Lagoon.
- The Block is now in the northwest part of the map, replacing Motel.
- An unnamed hot springs POI was added northeast of Lazy Lagoon.
- More expedition outposts are appearing across the map, more commonly in the new jungle biome. Some expedition outposts were removed as well.
- Expedition Outposts and hangars have appeared where The Block used to be.
- Small Volcano Vents, that push the player upwards like the holes at the Corrupted Areas, were added.
- Pirate camps are appearing across the map.
- A knife and fork shaped hole has appeared north of Fatal Fields, replacing one of the former Corrupted Areas.
- A rabbit with a carrot was added north of Snobby Shores.
- The two houses south of Haunted Hills have been changed.
- The two houses east of Salty Springs have been changed.
- Brown patches have appeared at the old corrupted areas.
- The Tilted Towers building have been nearly repaired.
- The stone man and stone lady statues have been destroyed.
- Many broken buildings across the map have been repaired.
- A bit of snow near Tilted Towers has melted.
- A pig was added east of Lucky Landing.
- The metal turtle northeast of Lonely Lodge was removed.
- Faces are appearing on mountains in the different biomes of the map, for a challenge.
- The Durrr Burger shop at Retail Row has expanded.
- A Volcano Vent has appeared at the RV Park, causing one of the vehicles to flip over.
Map v8.01 (March 6th)[edit | edit source]
- The Block has been changed into a upgraded, turtle like structure.
- Pieces of broken eggs have appeared inside the volcano lava.
- The stone people statues are beginning to rise again.
Map v8.10 (March 12th)[edit | edit source]
- The Tilted Towers building has almost finished construction.
- The green house in Snobby Shores started decaying and is taken over by Vikings.
- The Block has been changed into a jungle temple or shrine area.
- The stone man and stone lady statues have fully rebuilt themselves, and they seem to be looking for each other.
- The Uncle Pete's Pizza Pit restaurant at Retail Row has expanded.
- A tribal camp has appeared north of Sunny Steps, and seems to have Ice King symbols around it.
- Ballers are appearing across the map at Pirate Camps and Expedition Outposts.
- March 13th: A helicopter has appeared on the northeastern edge of Hot Springs.
- March 15th: The helicopter has moved to a hill north of Lonely Lodge.
- March 16th: The helicopter has moved to a hill south of the Race Track.
- March 18th: The helicopter has moved to a hill south of the desert junkyard.
- March 19th: The Block has changed into a little Chinese settlement area.
- A large truck at Tilted Towers is emptying out furniture, next to the nearly finished building.
- The stone man and Lady statues have started walking.
- March 20th: The helicopter has moved to a hill southwest of Trucker's Oasis.
- March 21st: The helicopter has moved to a peak southeast of Happy Hamlet.
- March 24th: The helicopter has moved to a peak in between the submarine and the house next to it.
- March 26th: The helicopter has moved to Viking Outpost.
Map v8.20 (March 27th)[edit | edit source]
- The pool house in Snobby Shores has been taken over by Vikings.
- The new Tilted Towers building has finished construction. It appears to be an insurance agency named "No Sweat Insurance". Cardboard models of the meteor, the rocket from Season 4, the CUBE, the volcano and the city can be seen in the first floor of the building.
- The Durrr Burger shop in Retail Row has expanded again to include a second floor.
- A baller course was added outside of Happy Hamlet.
- The Block has been changed to a retail campground area.
- Two black trucks transporting three small excavators have arrived at a green flat northwest of Paradise Palms by mismatched halved bridges over desert edge on the opposite site to the pirate camp. The logos on the excavators on the site show that the site was constructed by the same organization that constructed the Dusty Divot research facility. The trucks look exactly the same as the ones all around the map at the meteor crater sites in Season 4.
- March 28th: A new excavation site has appeared near the broken bridge at the edge of the desert where the black trucks with excavators stopped.
- The rocks in the hole south of Retail Row are now damageable, and have 1 billion hit points. Like the chunk of ice in Season 7, damaging these rocks in one game will affect players in all games.
- The helicopter has moved to a hill west of Pleasant Park.
- March 29th: The helicopter has moved to eastern edge of a mountain northeast of Pleasant Park.
- Desert edge excavation revealed a new Volcanic Vent and caused 5 more to form around the excavation site.
- March 31st: The helicopter has moved to the hill between Loot Lake and Lazy Lagoon.
- The organization's trucks with excavators appeared in Dusty Divot.
- April 2nd: The stone man and lady statues are now at the edge hill of the lava stream from the volcano, and seem to be calling out for each other.
- The Block has been changed into a mansion or temple area.
- The helicopter has landed on the hill west of Dusty Divot.
- Excavators have started digging a hole in the middle of Dusty Divot. About half of the central building has been demolished in the process. The rocks in the middle of the excavation area are damageable, and have several million hit points.
- April 3rd: The rocks in the Dusty Divot have been destroyed, and the hole is now filled with lava.
- April 4th: The helicopter has moved to the hill by the northwest edge of Tilted Towers.
- April 5th: The organization's black trucks transporting excavators stopped at easternmost Loot Lake shore, south river bank.
- Excavators have begun working on a dig site by Loot Lake.
- April 7th: After some rocks were broken at the Loot Lake digsite, a metal roof was been revealed underneath the ground, possibly hinting a secret underground bunker.
- The helicopter has moved to the hill between Pleasant Park and Loot Lake.
- April 9th: The helicopter has moved into the West interior of Loot Lake.
Map v8.30 (April 10th)[edit | edit source]
- The Uncle Pete's Pizza Pit restaurant in Retail Row has expanded to include a second floor. The spinning tomato head from Tomato Town has also returned.
- The Block has been changed into a temple area.
- The Stone Lady statue is swimming in the volcano's lava.
- The modern house in Snobby Shores has been taken over by Vikings.
- Reboot Vans are appearing over the map - there is one at each major POI.
- More excavators and trucks have appeared at Loot Lake.
- April 12th: Some excavators are starting to head towards Loot Lake.
- April 15th: All the excavators have surrounded the middle island, with the CUBE fragments, at Loot Lake.
Map v8.40 (April 17th)[edit | edit source]
- The central part of the Loot Lake has been dried, and several watchtowers and research facilities have been constructed around it by the organization. The excavators have revealed what appears to be an indestructible metal hatch in the middle of the lake. Many trucks and cars belonging to the organization as well as a few police cars have appeared near the lake. The CUBE fragments disappeared.
- The Durrr Burger restaurant in Retail Row has expanded. The burger mascot has appeared at the top of the restaurant.
- The house with the court in Snobby Shores was taken over by vikings. The fifth house has been fortified by its residents.
- The stone man statue is climbing down into the volcano's lava, while the stone lady seems to be calling for him.
- The Block has been changed into a ice kingdom.
- Secret underground bunkers have appeared under two houses in Pleasant Park.
- More damageable rocks have appeared in the dig site outside of Loot Lake.
- The house next to Uncle Pete's Pizza in Retail Row now has a underground bunker.
- April 18th: Durrr Burger and Pizza Pit telephones have appeared around the map, for a challenge.
- A ruin symbol has appeared above one of the plates on Loot Lake's metal door.
- Jigsaw pieces have appeared around the map, for a challenge.
- April 19th: A floating rune has appeared. It can be damaged, but when brought down to 0 health it would move.
- April 20th: The rune moved to outside of the frozen over Greasy Grove.
- April 21st: Another ruin symbol has appeared on a plate of Loot Lake's metal door.
- The floating rune has gone inside a Loot Lake metal door hatch, and caused a light to come out of it.
- Smoke has started to come out of the volcano.
- The frozen Greasy Grove is melting - water and cracks can be seen under the ice.
- The eggs in the volcano are cracking.
- April 22nd: A new floating island with a rune symbol has appeared already floating above Loot Lake, it however cannot be damaged yet.
- Laser generators with the rune symbol have appeared on top of volcano, east of Polar Peak and northwest of Pleasant Park. They can be hit to direct the lasers toward the rune.
- April 23rd: The lasers have connected with the rune above Loot Lake, and caused it to go inside a metal door hatch. Another Rune has appeared.
- More smoke is coming out of the volcano, and the bottom smoke part is now red.
Map v8.50 (April 25th)[edit | edit source]
- The stone man statue is now swimming in the volcano's lava, and is holding a flower for the stone lady.
- The Block has been changed into a abounded theme park.
- A new rune island has appeared in the clubhouse in the Club House POI. There is a meter next to the rune; dance to make the meter go up.
- One of the government setups in Loot Lake now has a chalkboard in it, which displays a possible theory that the hatch is a vault of some sort.
- Underground basements were added to a few houses in Pleasant Park and Salty Springs.
- April 26th: The rune moved from the Dance Club and to Loot Lake, where it went into one of the hatches and activated it.
- The smoke and lava in the volcano is now darker, and seems to be rising.
- The room with the chalkboard in Loot Lake has several screens on it, one of them shows a Bouncer.
- April 28th: The 4th Rune Symbol has now appeared at Loot Lake.
- A Rune has appeared at the hill east of Tilted Towers, there are 9 squared tiles below the rune.
- The Rune at the Tilted Towers hills teleported to Loot Lake and activated into one of the the slots from it, causing the volcano to smoke even more.
- April 30th: A new rune symbol has appeared above the final loot lake door hatch.
- April 31st: A room inside one of the Loot Lake government hatches seems to have a picture of a X-4 Stormwing on it.
- May 1st: The stone man and lady statues are now standing together with each other.
- The volcano spurts bursts of lava into the sky while the ground trembles the closer the player is to it. Rumbling can be heard erratically.
- Another picture has been revealed in the Loot Lake hatch, revealing a Tactical Submachine Gun.
- A rune has appeared in the volcano, there is a bar on the symbol; drop materials and ammo in to fill it up.
Map v8.51 (May 2nd)[edit | edit source]
- The Block has been changed into a stone warrior statue, with towers around it.
- A new screen has appeared in the Loot Lake chalkboard room.
- One of the houses in Tilted Towers now has an underground bunker revealed.
- May 3rd: The final rune from the volcano teleported to Loot Lake and entered the last hatch. A new, 24 hour countdown timer has appeared above the hatch similar to Season 4 and Season 7.
- The smoke from the volcano is now rising up more, and is more red. The volcano is now also more erratically spewing out lava and rumbling.
- The back wall of the dance club has fallen down and the music has stopped playing.
- May 4th: The countdown at Loot Lake expired, the hatch has opened a portal, sending players back to the In-Between. Soon after players exited the realm, the smoke from the volcano had covered the sky and soon began to erupt. Retail Row, Polar Peak and Tilted Towers were hit by the blasts and were severely damaged.
- All of the buildings in Tilted Towers were heavily destroyed, except the "No Sweat Insurance" building.
- The shopping area of Retail Row was badly damaged, mainly the shops and the Durrr Burger and Uncle Pete restaurants. Only remains of the shops and residential area remain.
- Polar Peak has started cracking.
- An ash cloud from the eruption is blocking most of the sunlight, making the sky look darker.