Season 7 of Battle Royale began on December 6th, 2018. The Iceberg collides with the island and covers the south-west part of the island with snow. The Sgt. Winter appears with an army of Snowmen (AKA Slush Solider) and began the events of Season 7.
The season features major changes in the map such as Flush Factory and Greasy Grove destruction, Ziplines, a new vehicle, X-4 Stormwing and an iceberg colliding with the map covering Flush Factory and Greasy Grove expanding the island size in the southwest which was slowly moving during late Season 6.
[edit | edit source]
Starting from December 3rd, Epic Games started releasing a Season 7 teaser everyday until the season began. These teasers revealed some of the Battle Pass skins.
Battle Pass[edit | edit source]
The Battle Pass for Season 7 is a way to earn exclusive in-game rewards by playing Battle Royale during Season 7 and is available for purchase from the Item Shop for 950 V-Bucks. These rewards include: Outfits, Gliders, Wraps, Harvesting Tools, Pets, Back Bling, Emotes, Sprays, Toys, Contrails, Music, Loading Screens and more.
All in-game items that can be unlocked stay and do not expire. Free Pass rewards are available to all players and purchase is not necessary while Battle Pass rewards are only available to players that purchased the Battle Pass with V-Bucks. A bundle that includes automatic completion of the first 25 Tiers was also offered for 2800 V-Bucks and can be purchased anytime during the season.
Creative[edit | edit source]
Fortnite Season 7 added a new game mode called Creative allowing players to make their creations on a small island with some presets, and devices such as vehicles. It also allows players to fly and spawn weapons in this game mode. All Battle Pass owners can access this new game mode during the Early Access stage of it.
Wraps[edit | edit source]
Wraps are cosmetics in Battle Royale that let you change skins of your vehicles, Assault Rifles, Shotguns, SMGs, Sniper Rifles and Pistols and they were introduced in Season 7 as Battle Pass Rewards. In Season 7's Battle Pass, there are 6 types of Wraps
- Arctic Camo
- Festive Paper
- Ultra Red
- Durrr Burger
- Indigo Ice
- Carbon & Gold
Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
Various thematic sets including Cosmetic Skins, Harvesting Tools, Emotes and Gliders were also released on Season 7 as part of the item shop components on daily rotation basis and Battle Pass rewards. Loading Screens are granted from completing Battle Pass Challenges.
Weapons and Item Changes[edit | edit source]
v7.00(December 6th)[edit | edit source]
X-4 Stormwing Plane
- 5 total seats, 4 passengers (on the wings) and a pilot.
- Has a mounted machine gun and can boost and airbrake
- Players will go into the skydiving state when exiting the X-4 Stormwing.
- It is now possible to use weapons or items while attaching balloons.
- Players can attach up to 3 Balloons to their back, lifting off the ground when the 3rd Balloon is attached.
- Press jump while in the air to release Balloons one at a time.
- Reduced stack size from 20 to 10.
- Updated scope crosshair on Scoped AR and Thermal AR.
V7.01(December 11)[edit | edit source]
- found on Polar Peak.
- Primary Fire deals 75 damage to enemies players and destroys structures in one blow.
- Alternate Fire allows the player to leap great distances and destroy objects in its path. Upon landing, it delivers 25 damage and a knock-up to nearby players .
- The holding the sword also grants additional abilities:
- Increases max Health and Shields to 200.
- 1 HP Regeneration per second to max Health and Shields.
- +50 health pers elimination
- Increased movement speed to 130%.
- The first player to pull the Infinity Blade from its pedestal will be instantly healed to full Health and Shields.
- If a player picks up the Infinity Blade, all other inventory items aside from building materials will be dropped.
- When the wielder of the Infinity Blade picks up an item (aside from building materials), the Infinity Blade will be dropped.
- The Infinity Blade will be dropped when the wielder is knocked out or eliminated.
- Only one Infinity Blade will appear per match.
- The Infinity Blade was vaulted 3 days later (December 14)
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Map v7.00 (December 6th)[edit | edit source]
- The south-west part of the map is now covered by snow, thus creating a new Biome.
- New POIs: Frosty Flights, Happy Hamlet and Polar Peak.
- Flush Factory was nearly completely buried and destroyed by snow and ice as a result of the crash of the Iceberg and is no longer marked as POI.
- Greasy Grove was frozen over by the Iceberg and is no longer a named POI on the map. The Durrr Burger restaurant and Gas Station were completely destroyed, while the surrounding houses only have accessible roofs.
- Leaky Lake has been named back to Loot Lake.
- The castle POI that was added near Haunted Hills in Season 6 has now been partially destroyed.
- A wooden big chair building in unnamed POI is now a sled.
- Ziplines and Plane Outposts started appearing around the island.
- The waterfall in Viking Outpost is now completely frozen.
- The Corrupted Areas are completely gone from the island.
- A submarine appeared on a mountain near Frosty Flights.
- A giant metal turtle appeared on a hill near Lonely Lodge.
- The Shadow Stones no longer appear in the island.
- The houses near Risky Reels have become a farm airstrip allowing X-4 Stormwings to spawn there.
- The Durr Burger and Pizza Pit Food trucks are now at Retail Row. The Durr Burger Truck stopped near the Big Shots Shop and set up chairs and tables.
- The house in J2 with a wooden fort on top is now made of brick.
- December 7th: Risky Reels was destroyed and replaced with a concrete block called The Block. The Block is a new feature where maps from the new Creative Mode will sometimes be shown. The Marquee is the only reminder of Risky Reels.
- An X4-Stormwing was added to the Superhero Mansion POI.
- The Secret Superhero Lair at the Mansion (POI) has been replaced by two dance floors and a scoreboard.
Map v.7.01 (December 11th)[edit | edit source]
- Polar Peak has melted a little and revealed the new Infinity Blade alter. It also revealed smaller houses around the altar.
- Some of the CUBE's remains at Loot Lake had fell.
- Grass is starting to grow in Paradise Palms.
- December 14th: The Infinity Blade is now gone from the alter, due to it being vaulted.