Season 5 of Battle Royale began on July 12, 2018. "Worlds Collide" theme was unveiled on the final teaser and is set to take place. The theme for Season 5 is a mixture of real-world era crossover after the rifts spawned (from the previous Season) took out different objects from the island and summoned a few real life objects that were virtually converted to play a role in Battle Royale.
It also features a new map desert biome, brand new named locations such as Lazy Links, Paradise Palms and other POIs (points of interests). A new type of 4-player vehicle was also released on the initial patch. Toys feature that can be used in game to perform an action and interact with a golf ball, beach ball and basketball were also added as part of Battle Pass rewards.
Starting in Season 5, progressive challenges will no longer be restricted to a single season and can now be completed at personal pace. Season 5 was set to end on the 25th of September but was extended until the 27th. During the final weekend, 400% Bonus XP were activated to all players.
- 1 Teasers
- 2 Battle Pass
- 3 Toys
- 4 Weapon and Item Releases
- 5 Limited Time Modes
- 6 Cosmetics
- 7 Map Changes
- 8 CUBE
- 9 References
[edit | edit source]
Starting July 9th, Epic Games release a daily series of teasers that hints about the upcoming theme of the season. "Worlds Collide" theme has been revealed on the final teaser pre-season.
Battle Pass[edit | edit source]
The Battle Pass for Season 5 was available for purchase from the Item Shop for 950 V-Bucks. Free Pass players are given one daily challenge in Season 5. Battle Pass owners are given an additional daily challenge that can stack up to two, as well as special Weekly challenges. Upon purchase of Battle Pass, Tier 1 sets of rewards including Drift Outfit, Huntress Outfit, Battle Pass Challenges, 50% Personal XP Boost and 10% Combo XP Boost are instantly unlocked.
Toys[edit | edit source]
Toys were added to Battle Royale and can be equipped through the locker emote slots. It can be used in-game to perform an action such as shooting a Basketball, tossing a Beach Ball and swinging the equipped pickaxe to hit a Golf Ball with the toy props being able to spawn in-game. Toys can be obtained as Battle Pass rewards and comes in Rare and Epic rarity.
Weapon and Item Releases[edit | edit source]
Season 5 introduced a variety of new items in Battle Royale ranging from weapons, limited-time elements, utilities and a new vehicle. Aside from new releases, an item was also reintroduced as Guided Missile returned in 5.10 Content Update from the vault.
Patch v5.0 - ATK Vehicle
5.0 Content Update - Submachine Gun
Patch v5.10 - Compact SMG
5.10 Content Update - Guided Missile
Patch v5.20 - Double Barrel Shotgun
5.20 Content Update - Heavy Sniper
Patch v5.30 - Rift-To-Go
Patch v5.30 - Shockwave Grenade
Patch v5.40 - Grappler
5.40 Content Update - Suppressed Assault Rifle
Patch v5.41 - Port-a-Fortress
Limited Time Modes[edit | edit source]
Brand new Limited Time Modes (LTM) were released in Season 5.
Patch v5.10 - Fly Explosives
Patch v5.20 - Steady Storm
Patch v5.21 - Soaring 50's
Patch v5.30 - Score Royale
Patch v5.30 - 50v50 Solid Gold
Patch v5.40 - The Getaway
Patch v5.41 - Soaring Solos
Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
Various thematic sets including Cosmetic Skins, Harvesting Tools, Emotes and Gliders were also released on Season 5 as part of the item shop components on daily rotation basis and Battle Pass rewards. Loading Screens are granted from completing Battle Pass Challenges.
|Cloaked Star||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2018-09-24|
|Nite Nite||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2018-09-23|
|Battle Balloon||Epic||Back Bling||2018-09-23|
|Balloon Llama||Epic||Back Bling||2018-09-23|
|Battle Call||Uncommon||Emote||200 V-Bucks||2018-09-22|
|Valkyrie Wings||Legendary||Back Bling||2018-09-21|
|My Idol!||Uncommon||Emote||200 V-Bucks||2018-09-17|
|Synth Star||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2018-09-16|
|Stage Slayer||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2018-09-16|
|Kick Drum||Epic||Back Bling||2018-09-16|
|Hot Ride||Legendary||Glider||1500 V-Bucks||2018-09-16|
|Lead Swinger||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2018-09-16|
|Rogue Agent||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2018-09-15|
|Crafted Carrier||Epic||Back Bling||2018-09-14|
|Tree Splitter||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2018-09-14|
|Shadow Puppet||Epic||Glider||1200 V-Bucks||2018-09-14|
|Grill Sergeant||Uncommon||Outfit||800 V-Bucks||2018-09-10|
|Wild Card||Legendary||Outfit||2000 V-Bucks||2018-09-08|
|Wild Card||Legendary||Outfit||2000 V-Bucks||2018-09-08|
|Flatliner||Rare||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2018-09-08|
|Care Package||Epic||Back Bling||2018-09-08|
|Gurney Gear||Epic||Back Bling||2018-09-08|
|Field Surgeon||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2018-09-08|
|Triage Trooper||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2018-09-08|
|Cuff Case||Legendary||Back Bling||2018-09-08|
|Fist Pump||Uncommon||Emote||200 V-Bucks||2018-09-07|
|Dark Bag||Rare||Back Bling||2018-09-05|
|Tie-dye Flyer||Rare||Glider||800 V-Bucks||2018-09-03|
|Fancy Feet||Rare||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2018-09-03|
|Job Well Done||Uncommon||Emote||200 V-Bucks||2018-09-03|
|Summer Strummer||Epic||Back Bling||2018-09-03|
|Hip Shakers||Epic||Back Bling||2018-09-03|
|Far Out Man||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2018-09-03|
|Drumbeat||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2018-09-03|
|Shake It Up||Epic||Emote||800 V-Bucks||2018-09-01|
|Throttle||Rare||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2018-08-31|
|Road Ready||Rare||Back Bling||2018-08-31|
|Road Flair||Rare||Back Bling||2018-08-31|
|Dance Therapy||Epic||Emote||800 V-Bucks||2018-08-30|
|Slashed||Uncommon||Back Bling||800 V-Bucks||2018-08-28|
|Vintage||Uncommon||Back Bling||800 V-Bucks||2018-08-28|
|Buckled||Uncommon||Back Bling||800 V-Bucks||2018-08-28|
|Swag Bag||Epic||Back Bling||2018-08-27|
|Iron Beak||Rare||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2018-08-25|
|Dark Wings||Legendary||Back Bling||2018-08-25|
|Cat's Claw||Rare||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2018-08-23|
|Praise The Tomato||Rare||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2018-08-23|
|Flying Fish||Uncommon||Glider||500 V-Bucks||2018-08-19|
|P.A.N.D.A Team Leader||Legendary||Outfit||2000 V-Bucks||2018-08-19|
|Sushi Master||Rare||Outfit||1200 V-Bucks||2018-08-19|
|Llama Bell||Epic||Emote||800 V-Bucks||2018-08-19|
|Chef's Choice||Rare||Back Bling||2018-08-19|
|Hand Signals||Rare||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2018-08-18|
|Hot Stuff||Uncommon||Emote||200 V-Bucks||2018-08-18|
|Lane Splitter||Epic||Back Bling||2018-08-16|
|White Squall||Epic||Glider||1200 V-Bucks||2018-08-16|
|Opening Night||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2018-08-16|
|Work It Out||Rare||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2018-08-13|
|Jingu Bang||Epic||Harvesting Tool||1200 V-Bucks||2018-08-13|
|Aerobic Assassin||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2018-08-11|
|Mullet Marauder||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2018-08-10|
|Go! Go! Go!||Uncommon||Emote||200 V-Bucks||2018-08-10|
|Living Large||Rare||Emote||500 V-Bucks||2018-08-10|
|Back Plate||Epic||Back Bling||2018-08-10|
|Blast From The Past||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2018-08-09|
|Deep Fried||Epic||Back Bling||2018-08-09|
|Flying Saucer||Epic||Glider||1200 V-Bucks||2018-08-09|
|Patty Whacker||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2018-08-09|
|Beef Boss||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2018-08-09|
|Caliper||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||500 V-Bucks||2018-08-04|
|Poolside Paradise||Uncommon||Loading Screen||2018-08-02|
|Clutch Axe||Rare||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2018-08-02|
|Bat Attitude||Epic||Back Bling||2018-08-02|
|Rescue Ring||Epic||Back Bling||2018-07-28|
|Sun Tan Specialist||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2018-07-28|
|Rescue Paddle||Rare||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2018-07-28|
|Finger Wag||Uncommon||Emote||200 V-Bucks||2018-07-27|
|Laser Chomp||Legendary||Glider||1500 V-Bucks||2018-07-26|
|Reef Ranger||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2018-07-26|
|Wreck Raider||Epic||Outfit||1500 V-Bucks||2018-07-26|
|Harpoon Axe||Rare||Harvesting Tool||800 V-Bucks||2018-07-26|
|Air Tank||Epic||Back Bling||2018-07-26|
|Diving Tank||Epic||Back Bling||2018-07-26|
|Chomp Sr.||Legendary||Outfit||2000 V-Bucks||2018-07-23|
|Enduring Cape||Legendary||Back Bling||2018-07-16|
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Map has been updated with a desert biome, new major locations such as Paradise Palms, Lazy Links and few unnamed POIs. New areas took place on the previous mysterious artifacts that spawned in Season 4. Rifts that are map objects that allow players to teleport in an adjacent aerial space while skydiving were scattered throughout the map.
Map v5.0 (July 12th)[edit | edit source]
- Paradise Palms, a city area covered with desert biome has replaced Moisty Mire and Prison POI located at coordinates: H8-I8 (previous location of the spawned stagecoach artifact).
- A Dinosaur Attraction has been added to G9-I9 (previous location of sets of skeletal bones artifact).
- Lazy Links has replaced Anarchy Acres located at coordinates: F2-F3.
- A new Viking Outpost POI was added to B6 (previous location of anchor).
- The abandoned Dusty Divot has been overgrown with grassland, trees and small ponds. Also, Hop Rocks were removed all together
- Dirt Race Track POI has been revamped with a full concrete motorcourse tracks.
- Open Soccer Field POI at C2, north west of the map was removed.
- NOMS' sign was found at north east of Risky Reels.
- Durr Burger statue was found on the mountain at D3, east of Pleasant Park.
- A goodbye sign was put out on Uncle Pete's Pizza Pit at Tomato Town.
- Stone Head Statues have scattered throughout the maps; C2, C6, E7, E10, F5, G3 and I5.
Stone Head at C2
Map v5.10 (July 24th)[edit | edit source]
- Risky Reels' drive-in section has been lined up with cars. Flipped cars and destroyed houses' roofs were fixed.
- A tombstone was added near Paradise Palms to pay homage to the "greatest rescue mission in Fortnite".
- Dance platforms and disco ball on the Loot Lake warehouse were removed.
- A vehicle ramp was added between Loot Lake and Lazy Links.
- Trucks have appeared between Salty Springs and Dusty Divot.
- Clay Pigeons, Birthday Cakes and decorative balloons were added throughout the map.
Map v5.20 (August 7th)[edit | edit source]
- The truck has moved to the western side of Dusty Divot.
- The rift in the sky has shrunk a bit. Parts of it are less bright and one of the trails is barely visible.
Map v5.21 (August 15th)[edit | edit source]
- The crack in the sky continues to shrink.
- A rift reappeared on the former area of spinning tomato head at Tomato Town.
- The rift disappeared bringing back the tomato head but has shrunken and turned into stone.
Map v5.30 (August 23rd)[edit | edit source]
- The crack in the sky shrinks significantly, and turns into a dark shade of purple, causing lightning strikes.
- Tomato Town was replaced with Tomato Temple.
- The trucks have moved to the northwestern side of Dusty Divot.
- The screen at Risky Reels has been fixed and now displays the winning entry of the Fortnite Blockbuster Contest, "Prepare For Collision". Posters of the movie can be found in the area and the marquee board displays the title of the movie.
* Construction of the new building in Tilted Towers has resumed.
- The motel sign has reappeared, but seems damaged.
- August 24th: Lightning strikes hit the H9, southeast part of the map destroying each cacti on a formation within an interval of time. Lightning are getting stronger and bigger over time.
- August 24th: The rift put out its final lightning strike, making that one its longest. when it stopped, a mysterious purple cube appeared and the rift shrunk one last time and finally disappeared. It displays runes and unknown symbols. It has also started to roll and moving on a single tile direction with the interval of 1 hour and 43, minutes per movement, sometimes shorter intervals.
- August 26th: The CUBE made 11 tile movements from H8 going north then 3 tile movements going west G8.
- August 27th: The CUBE made 7 tile movements from G8 going north reaching G7, 4 tile movements going back to G8 then 4 tile movements heading west.
Map v5.30 (August 28th)[edit | edit source]
- August 28th: The CUBE made 10 tile movements from G8 going west reaching F8 and has stopped moving on an elevated ground. It has also been surrounded with a low-gravity magnetic dome that provides an effect similar to Hop Rocks and causing the bottom of the CUBE to glow.
- August 29th: The CUBE has started to move again and made 8 tile movements from the elevated ground climbing to the hill. It also left a burning imprinted rune into the ground which became the center of the magnetic dome.
- August 30th: The CUBE made 21 tile movements from the hill then going down and continues to move heading west reaching E8 going D8.
- August 31st: The CUBE made 28 tile movements from D8 to C7 approaching Greasy Grove.
- September 1st: The CUBE made 9 tile movements on C7 then stopped and was surrounded with low-gravity magnetic dome.
- September 2nd: The CUBE has started to move again from C7 and made 17 tile movements, has started to head north passing C6 and ended up on D6. It also left the second burning imprinted rune into the ground which became the center of the magnetic dome.
- September 3rd: The CUBE made 25 tile movements from D6 going north east to E6.
- September 4th: The CUBE made 21 tile movements from E6 heading east reaching F6 then stopped and was surrounded with low-gravity magnetic dome.
- September 5th: The CUBE has started to move again from F6 and made 9 tile movements on G6, outer rim of Dusty Divot. It also left the third imprinted rune into the ground which became the center of the magnetic dome.
Map v5.40 (September 6th)[edit | edit source]
- The remains of Dusty Depot have been changed, one part is now a tiny museum telling the story of the Meteor that crashed down, destroying some of Dusty Depot and turned it into Dusty Divot.
- The other factories were converted into a mini museum and a dining place called "Dusty Diner".
- The building in Tilted Towers that the meteor destroyed is now fully constructed and is now an outdoor store with a thrift shop in the basement.
- September 6th: The CUBE made movements from G6 going west and has reached H6.
- September 7th: The CUBE made movements from H6 heading west reaching Retail Row then stopped and was surrounded with low-gravity magnetic dome.
- September 8th: The CUBE has started to move again from H6 and made movements passing Retail Row and ended up on I6. It also left the fourth burning imprinted rune into the ground which became the center of the magnetic dome.
- September 9th: The CUBE made movements from I6 going north and has reached I5.
- September 10th: The CUBE made movements from I5 heading north west passing by I4 then stopped and was surrounded with low-gravity magnetic dome at H4 of Wailing Woods.
- September 11th: The CUBE made movements from H4 going northwest and ended up on H3. It also left the fifth burning imprinted rune into the ground which became the center of the magnetic dome.
- September 12th: The CUBE made movements from H3 going west and has reached G3.
- September 13th: The CUBE made movements from G3 going back and forth within F3-F4. Stopped at F3 and was surrounded with low-gravity magnetic dome.
- September 14th: The CUBE made movements from F3 going northwest and ended up on E3. It also left the sixth burning imprinted rune into the ground which became the center of the magnetic dome.
- September 15th: The CUBE made movements from E3 and ended up on D3 near Pleasant Park.
- September 16th: The CUBE made movements from D3 passing D4 then going southeast and has reached C4. Stopped at C4 and was surrounded with low-gravity magnetic dome.
- September 17th: The CUBE made movements from C4 going south and has reached C5. It also left the seventh burning imprinted rune into the ground which became the center of the magnetic dome.
- September 18th: The CUBE made movements from C5 going south.
Map v5.41 (September 18th)[edit | edit source]
- September 18th: The CUBE made movements from C5 going west crossing D5 of Tilted Towers. The CUBE also destroyed the newly built store partially.
- September 19th: The CUBE made movements from D5 going north to the dock near Loot Lake factories.
- The CUBE has reached the waters of Loot Lake and sunk under it. Loot Lake turned into purple and became bouncy similar to the effect and the appearance of the CUBE.
CUBE[edit | edit source]
CUBE (also being referred as a six-sided mystery or "Kevin") is an unknown phenomenon in Season 5. It spawned on August 25th on the area where the continuous lightning strikes have taken place destroying the formation of each cactus at H9. Standing nearby the cube regenerates player's shield every 2 seconds and displays glowing runes on the border part of the screen.
The CUBE knocks back the player when touched or hit with a pickaxe, and strikes static shock when shot with a gun which causes 30 HP damage disregarding any shield points. Under certain circumstances, getting eliminated by the cube’s lightning bolts or large knockback impulses will show a message in the Kill Feed that says ‘(Player) got too close to [rapidly flashing glyph symbols]’. Any dynamic entity including players, shopping carts and ATKs can be knocked away by touch. The cube can also destroy a map object and can kill a player if blocked while it rolls. The cube does not block fall damage if landed upon despite its bouncing properties.