Chapter 2 Season 1
Season 1 of Chapter 2, or Season 11 of Battle Royale began on October 15th 2019. The theme of the season revolves around a new map and alter-egos of the battle pass characters.
The season features significant changes in almost all elements of gameplay, such as a new map with new locations, new weapons and items, a overhaul of the game's challenge system and much more.
[edit | edit source]
Unlike every other season in the game so far, this season did not receive any teasers prior to releasing. However, a few days before The End Event happened, 3 teasers hinting at a new map were released. Teasers in the traditional sense weren’t released. Digging around the code leakers input the first number into Google Maps, which would take you to a location full of crabs (obviously referencing the meme crab rave).
Battle Pass[edit | edit source]
The Battle Pass for Season 1 is a way to earn exclusive in-game rewards by playing Battle Royale during Chapter 2 Season 1 and is available for purchase for 950 V-Bucks. These rewards include: Outfits, Gliders, Wraps, Harvesting Tools, Back Blings, Emotes, Sprays, Contrails, Music, Loading Screens and more.
All in-game items that can be unlocked stay and do not expire. By leveling up, rewards are given in each level. Some rewards are free and can be earned by anyone, and most of them are required to have the Battle Pass. A bundle that includes automatic completion of the first 25 Levels is also offered for 2800 V-Bucks and can be purchased anytime during the season. The ability to gift the Battle Pass is still available.
Challenges[edit | edit source]
Missions have stayed as the main challenges for Chapter 2 Season 1. There is only one Event Challenge, the Alter Ego Challenges, while the rest are missions. Once the Battle Pass has been purchased, the New World Missions will be available to complete, and a second will be available on October 17th. Afterwards, the Missions will be unlocked weekly. By completing Missions, players can earn XP, and exclusive Loading Screens. By completing the Alter Ego Challenges, players can earn additional styles for the Chapter 2 Season 1 Battle Pass outfits, and an exclusive secret outfit.
Battle Medals[edit | edit source]
Battle Medals are a new mechanic in Battle Royale. They help a player level up easier, and are obtained by doing certain objectives.
Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
Various thematic sets including Cosmetic Skins, Harvesting Tools, Emotes and Gliders were also released on Season 11 as part of the item shop compoments on daily rotation basis and Battle Pass rewards. Loading Screens are granted from completing Battle Pass Challenges. Item Shop voting also still exists as of Season 11.
Weapons and Item Releases[edit | edit source]
11.00 Patch Notes (October 15th)[edit | edit source]
- A new 4-player vehicle that can travel on both land and water.
- The driver has a missile attack that recharges after a few seconds.
- The driver can also boost around very quickly.
- The two drivers on the back seat can fire and use items.
- Has 800 health.
- Added Epic and Legendary rarities.
- Added Common and Uncommon rarities.
- Shockwave Grenade
- Launch Pad
- Chug Splash
- Slurp Juice
- Cozy Campfire
- Vending Machines
- Stink Bomb
- Junk Rift
- Shield Bubble
- Chug Jug
- Hand Cannon
- Flint-Knock Pistol
- Heavy Sniper Rifle
- Automatic Sniper Rifle
- Tactical Submachine Gun
- Suppressed Submachine Gun
- Infantry Rifle
- Scoped Assault Rifle
- Suppressed Assault Rifle
- Heavy Assault Rifle
- Submachine Gun (also has new Epic and Legendary variants)
- Burst Assault Rifle
- Pump Shotgun (Common, Epic & Legendary Variants)
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Map v11.00 (October 15th)[edit | edit source]
- A entirely new map with all new terrain and locations has been added, replacing the old one.
- New POIs: Craggy Cliffs, Steamy Stacks, Sweaty Sands, Frenzy Farm, Dirty Docks, Holly Hedges, Weeping Woods, Lazy Lake, Slurpy Swamp and Misty Meadows.
- Pleasant Park, Salty Springs and Retail Row were added back to the new map, but are found at different locations.
- Risky Reels has returned, and is located west of Frenzy Farm.
- The middle island (Eye Land (POI)) was put in at the center of the map.
- Multiple new unnamed POIs, or Landmarks, have also appeared across the map, such as a island called Camp Cod and a lighthouse.
- A bunker is hidden beneath a building on an island north of Pleasant Park and Craggy Cliffs. Telescopes have also been placed in bushes around the island, looking out to different landmarks.
- A second bunker can be found at B6, underwater.
- A third bunker can be found southeast of Retail Row, hidden between two trees, and under a large bush.
- A large metal door can be found south of Retail Row, it's purpose is unknown.
- Multiple items from the old map have appeared in houses on the southeastern island, Camp Cod.
- The car and truck mech was added to the map, sunken in the ocean northeast of Dirty Docks. It has both of its arms attached again, and is holding the pole slightly out of the water.
- A hay man can be found southwest of Frenzy Farm waving, possibly referencing the stone man and stone family.
- A large iron man made of pipes can be found at F8, sitting on a moutain.
- An Uncle Pete's Pizza Pit truck can be found southwest of Salty Springs, and a Durrr Burger truck can be found north of Pleasant Park.
- Inside of Weeping Woods, a Durrr Burger head and Tomato head can also be found next to each other, covered in moss. Interestingly, the name for the landmark is Greasy Graves.
- A plane crash landmark can be found on one of the islands on the northwest of the map, referencing the TV show Lost.
- A desk can be found inside Steamy Stacks with multiple donuts on it, referencing The Simpsons.
- A building can be found southwest of Sweaty Sands, at A4. Inside is a red ferrari, referencing Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
- A rock can be found at A5, referencing the rock Ariel poses on in The Little Mermaid.