Season 10, or Season X of Battle Royale began on August 1st, 2019. The theme of the season is "Out of Time" and was revealed with the story trailer. The orb at Loot Lake exploded, slowly disorienting the time stream of the island, bringing older locations back and creating new ones.
- 1 Teasers and Hints
- 2 Battle Pass
- 3 Missions
- 4 Cosmetics
- 5 Weapon and Item Releases
- 6 Map Changes
[edit | edit source]
Starting from July 28th, Epic Games started releasing a teaser every day until the season starts - with the first one being revealed during the World Cup 2019. The first teaser showed a picture of Dusty Depot, the second showed a picture of the B.R.U.T.E mech suit,the third showed two battle pass skins and the fourth was a sneak peak of the trailer
Battle Pass[edit | edit source]
The Battle Pass for Season 10 is a way to earn exclusive in-game rewards by playing Battle Royale during Season 10 and is available for purchase from the Item Shop for 950 V-Bucks. These rewards include: Outfits, Gliders, Wraps, Harvesting Tools, Pets, Back Bling, Emotes, Sprays, Toys, Contrails, Music, Loading Screens and more.
All in-game items that can be unlocked stay and do not expire. Free Pass rewards are available to all players and purchase is not necessary while Battle Pass rewards are only available to players that purchased the Battle Pass with V-Bucks. A bundle that includes automatic completion of the first 25 Tiers was also offered for 2800 V-Bucks and can be purchased anytime during the season.
In Season 10, the ability to gift friends Battle Passes was also introduced. This feature is exclusively available until August 15th, and the first gift you buy will also have a unique gift box for you to use.
Missions[edit | edit source]
Missions are a new battle pass feature; they are series of thematic objectives that grant rewards. As you complete these objectives, you'll earn Battle Stars, XP, and exclusive cosmetic items. More information about Missions can be found in the Battle Pass and Challenges tabs.
Cosmetics[edit | edit source]
Various thematic sets including Cosmetic Skins, Harvesting Tools, Emotes and Gliders were also released on Season 10 as part of the item shop components on daily rotation basis and Battle Pass rewards. Loading Screens are granted from completing Battle Pass Challenges.
|Where is Matt?||Rare||Emote||2019-08-07|
|80px||Rift Rock||Rare||Back Bling||2019-08-02|
|80px||Robot Wrecker||Uncommon||Harvesting Tool||2019-08-01|
Weapon and Item Releases[edit | edit source]
10.00 Patch Notes (August 1st)[edit | edit source]
- This vehicle can be operated by up to two players. If two players are operating it, one (the driver) controls movement, while the other (the gunner) rains down missiles and shotgun shots.
- The driver is able to:
- Dash into combat.
- Super Jump to victory.
- Stomp enemies and structures into the ground.
- Anything you would normally harvest will grant materials when destroyed.
- The passenger has two weapons at their disposal: a shotgun and a missile launcher.
- Clip Size: 10
- Damage: 50
- Headshot Multiplier: 1.5x
- Missile Launcher
- Fires up to 10 missiles at once.
- Holding down Trigger will begin loading missiles.
- After releasing Trigger, or after 10 missiles have been loaded, all missiles will automatically fire.
- New Mechanic: Overshield
- Consumes 200 of any Material type to create a personal overshield for 5 seconds to protect you in the mech.
- Flint-Knock Pistol
- Shadow Bomb
- Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle
- Tactical Assault Rifle
- Mounted Turret
- Air Strike
- Itemized Glider Redeploy (still available in large team modes)
10.00 Content Update (August 6th)[edit | edit source]
- Available in Rare, Epic, and Legendary variants.
- Uses Medium Ammo.
- Projectiles travel faster than other Sniper Rifles.
- Damage: 31/33/35
- Headshot: 62/66/70
- 4 Rounds per second.
- 16 Rounds per magazine.
- Uses a reduced zoom scope.
- Can be found from Floor, Chest, Vending Machines, Supply Drops, and Loot Carriers.
Unvaulted weapons that only spawn in Tilted Town:
10.10 Patch Notes (August 14th)[edit | edit source]
Unvaulted only in the Sword Fight Squads and Duos LTMs:
- Infinity Blade
- Reduced the environmental damage from 10000 to 600.
10.10 Content Update (August 20th)[edit | edit source]
- A throwable item that breaks on contact and spawns a large object in the sky that plummets to the ground.
- The plummeting object:
- Damages players and destroys everything in its path.
- Creates a small shockwave upon landing that damages players and destroys everything in its radius.
- Direct hit: 200
- Direct hits slightly knock players back.
- Shockwave hit: 100
- Both hits immediately destroy vehicles and destructible objects on impact.
- Direct hit: 200
- The plummeting object:
- Drops in stacks of 2.
- Max stack size: 4
- Epic Rarity.
Available from Floor Loot, Chests, Supply Drops, and Llamas.
- Glitched Consumables are at the explosion site. These randomly switch between different forageable items from the past.
- Grant 5 Health.
- Grant 5 Shield.
- Grant 5 Effective Health (sum of a player’s Health + Shield).
- Increases player movement speed for a short duration.
- Hop Rocks
- Decreases player gravity for a short duration.
- Shadow Stone
- Turns players into a ghost for a short time, temporarily increasing their movement speed slightly and letting them dash through structures.
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Map v10.00 (August 1st)[edit | edit source]
- Dusty Depot and the Factory POI have returned, replacing Dusty Divot.
- A new Frozen Meteor POI has been added south of Dusty Depot, in the sky.
- Some of the ground and trees surrounding the Skeletal Remains have turned a pink color.
- The Zero Point orb at Loot Lake exploded, and a antigravity zone has been created at the center of the lake. Strange noises can be heard when inside it, and there are floating objects everywhere.
- The power cable is now inactive, and shows a very dark red and black pattern that moves slowly.
- The Block has been changed into a tropical resort area.
- All of the Sky Platforms, wind turbines, propaganda posters and blimps in the sky have been removed.
- The stone family have disappeared again.
- Most of the Slipstreams have been removed, apart from the ones surrounding Neo Tilted and Mega Mall.
- The shack that was destroyed by the CUBE near Fatal Fields now has more stairs and work done on the walls and roofs.
- Some more grass has grown in Paradise Palms.
- A building south of Paradise Palms has been added, containing some strange tree roots. The tree roots may hint Moisty Mire's return.
- The red house at the Pueblo that used to be filled with chairs is now filled with TVs instead.
- One of the mini little castles south from Polar Peak now has a couple of toilets and pipes on it, these are the same ones from Flush Factory.
- A mini movie screen and a "Drive-In Theatre" sign has appeared east of Sunny Steps, hinting Risky Reels' Return.
- All of the volcano vents have stopped working.
- A golf club house has appeared near Lazy Lagoon, hinting at the return of Lazy Links.
- The metal spaceship at the Outskirts has turned back into the wooden chair from pre-Season 7.
- The battle bus that crashed north of Loot Lake during Fortnitemares has disappeared.
- One of the arms of the car and truck mech east of RV Park has fallen off, and it is holding a pole and raising it in the air. It seems to reenacting the Mecha from The Final Showdown Event.
- A shack with a giant teddy bear has been added west of Paradise Palms.
- A bit of snow has melted at the Viking Outpost.
- A garage with gnomes on top of and inside the building has been added on a hill west of Pleasant Park.
- The half of a tower just south of Lucky Landing has turned into a wooden shack.
- The stuff inside a shack south-west of Pleasant Park has gone upside down.
- August 2nd: A telescope has appeared on top of the northern warehouse at Dusty Depot and it is facing towards the Frozen Meteor.
- August 4th: A small laboratory and chalkboard has been added inside the grey warehouse of Dusty Depot.
- A rift beacon is being built in Neo Tilted, and is facing towards Loot Lake.
- August 5th: The rift beacon at Neo Tilted has been completed and is turned on. It seems to be gathering energy from Loot Lake.
- The rift beacon at Neo Tilted has opened a small rift in the sky above the POI.
- August 6th: The rift beacon has created a large bubble around Neo Tilted, turning it into a new POI called Tilted Town. Building and destroying objects is not allowed in Tilted Town.
- The slipstream around the area has been removed, leaving the one around Mega Mall the only one left.
- The Block has been changed into a futuristic town surrounded by a giant dome and desert.
- The exterior of the grey warehouse at Dusty Depot, as well as the interior has been updated.
- August 8th: Another satellite was added on the Dusty Depot grey warehouse, and the inside has been updated with a second floor and more computers.
- August 11th: A rift beacon is being constructed at Mega Mall.
- August 12th: The rift beacon at Mega Mall has been activated, and a small rift has been opened in the sky above the POI.
Map v10.10 (August 14th)[edit | edit source]
- The rift beacon at Mega Mall has created a large bubble around the POI, turning it into pre-Season 7 Retail Row that is now infested by CUBE monsters from Fortnitemares.
- The Block has been changed into a farm next to a government mineshaft area.
- The grey warehouse of Dusty Depot has been updated again, and more work has been done inside. A few monitors with Visitor symbols have also been added.
- Two memorial stones for the CUBE have appeared on the map. One is on the desert mountain where it was formed, and the other is at Loot Lake.
- A trophy has appeared at Lucky Landing that has the name of Bugha, the Solo World Cup Winner on it.
- A trophy has appeared at Happy Hamlet that has the name of the World Cup Duos winners on it.
- Even more grass has grown in the desert, and the area south of Paradise Palms is now a darker colour.
- August 15th: A rift beacon is being constructed at the Rec Center.
- Even more snow, especially around Happy Hamlet, begins to melt.
- August 19th: The rift beacon at the Rec Center has been activated and has created a small rift above the POI.
- August 20th: The rift beacon at the Rec Center has exploded, causing the rift above it to disappear and destroying the POI. A small Crater with some remains of the Rec Center has been left behind.
- Grass continues to grow in the desert biome and the process begins to accelerate.
- The Block has been changed into a giant metal factory related building surrounded by lava.
- August 21st: A rift beacon is being constructed in the grey warehouse of Dusty Depot.
- August 22nd: A rift beacon is being constructed in the desert, southwest of Paradise Palms.