|Ammo Boxes||17 Ammo Boxes|
|Produce Boxes||2 Produce Boxes|
Salty Springs was a named Point Of Interest in Battle Royale which was added to the map in Season 1, located inside the coordinate D4, southeast of Sweaty Sands, south of Doom's Domain, west of Stark Industries and east of Holly Hedges. It was a small village with houses, a gas station and had a steep, hilly landscape. Until Chapter 2 Season 1, Salty Springs had two hidden bunkers.
Salty Springs has returned in Chapter 2, with a different design to all the houses and a different location. The gas station also moved across the road. The gas station was recently replaced too. Salty had 10 chests.
Points and Sublocations[edit | edit source]
* Click on the map to view geographic sub-locations.
For more details on buildings and houses, visit Salty Springs/Buildings
Hidden Bunker[edit | edit source]
- A bunker could be found under the Blue House in the northwest part of the town from Season 4 to Season 10. 3 Chests could be found here.
- No longer there in Chapter 2.
Gas Station[edit | edit source]
Props[edit | edit source]
- Traffic Cone
- Trafic Barricade
Related Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Salt Bae: Been droppin' Salty.
Challenges[edit | edit source]
|Land at 10 different named locations||Free Tier 2 Challenges||5|
|Eliminate 3 opponents in Salty Springs||Season 3 Week 3 Challenges||10|
|Visit 3 different Gas Stations in a single match||Season 3 Week 5 Challenges||5|
|Search 7 Hidden Gnome in different Named Locations||Season 3 Week 7 Challenges||5|
|Search a chest in 12 different named locations||Season 3 Week 10 Challenges||5|
|Land at 10 different named locations||Starter Challenges||5|
|Destroy 3 dog houses||Meowscles' Mischief||40,000|
|Eliminate 5 opponents at The Yacht or Salty Springs||Meowscles' Mischief||40,000|
|Search 10 Chests at Misty Meadows or Salty Springs||Meowscles' Mischief||40,000|
|Deliver 10 fish to SHADOW||Meowscles' Mischief||Meowscles SHADOW Style|
|Deliver 10 fish to GHOST||Meowscles' Mischief||Meowscles GHOST Style|
|Search 5 Chests in different Named Locations||Midas' Mission||40,000|
|Bring 2 legendary weapons to a SHADOW mailbox.||Midas' Mission||Midas SHADOW Style|
|Bring 2 legendary weapons to a GHOST mailbox.||Midas' Mission||Midas GHOST Style|
|Stage 1 of 3 - Damage players at Salty Springs (300)||Location Domination||10,000|
|Stage 2 of 3 - Damage players at Salty Springs (900)||Location Domination||25,000|
|Stage 3 of 3 - Damage players at Salty Springs (2,500)||Location Domination||55,000|
|Search Chests at Salty Springs (7)||Chapter 2 Season 3 Week 4 Challenges||35,000|
|Upgrade a weapon at Salty Springs (1)||Chapter 2 Season 3 Week 5 Challenges||35,000|
|Search Ammo Boxes at Salty Springs (7)||Chapter 2 Season 3 Week 6 Challenges||35,000|
|Eliminations at Salty Springs (3)||Chapter 2 Season 3 Week 8 Challenges||35,000|
|Stage 2 of 3 - Use an Upgrade Bench as Tony Stark (1)||Iron Man Awakening Challenges|
|Search Chests at Salty Springs (7)||Chapter 2 Season 4 Week 2 Challenges||25,000|
|Dance in front of 10 different birthday cakes.||Battle Royale 3rd Birthday Celebration Challenges||Cakey Wrap|
|Gain 50 health or shield from Birthday Cake.||Battle Royale 3rd Birthday Celebration Challenges||80,000|
|In a vehicle, jump through the flaming ring at Salty Springs (1)||Chapter 2 Season 4 Week 5 Challenges||25,000|
|Visit different Named Locations in a single match (5)||Chapter 2 Season 4 Week 8 Challenges||25,000|
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
- It is part of the initial version of Battle Royale Map as an unnamed POI.
- Salty Springs received its name later on that season (10/12/2017).
- A Pass N Gas station was added, replacing a small metal fenced area.
V4.00[edit | edit source]
- A secret bunker was added under the Blue House in the Northwestern part of Salty Springs.
V6.10[edit | edit source]
- A truck transporting Quadcrashers has appeared on the east side of the town.
- Just before Fortnitemares, some Halloween decor was added around Salty Springs.
V7.10[edit | edit source]
- December 25th: Salty Springs was covered in snow for Christmas Day.
- December 26th: The snow disappeared.
- The houses have been covered in Christmas decorations.
- January 2nd: All Christmas decorations are gone.
- January 8th: Most Christmas Decorations (Such as Trees, Candy Canes and Snowflakes) have returned, due to the "14 Days Of Fortnite" event being brought back for 7 more days.
V7.20[edit | edit source]
- All of the 14 Days Of Fortnite Christmas decorations are now gone again.
- January 19th: Salty Springs was covered in snow on Christmas and in the aftermath of the Ice Storm Event.
V7.30[edit | edit source]
- February 1st: The snow melted from Salty Springs.
V8.00[edit | edit source]
- The gray house with the tree that fell on its roof has been repaired and revamped.
- The house between Salty Springs and the edge of Dusty Divot has been revamped.
V8.30[edit | edit source]
- A Reboot Van was added to Salty Springs.
V8.40[edit | edit source]
- Eastern most house has secret basement/bunker added.
- July 20th: During The Final Showdown Event, a huge fight between The Devourer and Mecha ensued. The Devourer was thrown near Salty Springs, the Blue House was severely damaged, the only part of the house was the secret base and other houses suffered minor damage. If you loaded into another match, the changes to Salty were reverted, probably because the changes there weren't intended.
- September 3rd: A red balloon has appeared near the brick house.
- September 9th: The red balloon has been removed.
- October 13th: Salty Springs was sucked into a black hole.
V11.00 (October 15th):[edit | edit source]
- Salty Springs was added to the Chapter 2 map.
- The basement and the bunker in the Blue House were removed.
- The bunker under the eastern most house was removed.
- The roads have changed to fit a new layout.
- The gas station was moved to the opposite side of the road.
- A bus stop was added at original gas station's location.
- October 29th: Halloween decorations have been added to Salty Springs for the Fortnitemares event, and furniture has become haunted and begun to float.
- A Jumpscare was added to Salty Springs
- November 5th: The Halloween decorations have been removed from Salty Springs, and furniture is no longer haunted.
- December 7th: Multiple posters have appeared around Salty Springs, having the same information as the Risky Reels movie screen of Star Wars.
- December 15th: All posters about the Star Wars event have been taken down.
- December 25th: Salty Springs has been covered in snow.
- Multiple cars have hastily driven in front of the eastern house of Salty Springs. Multiple Sneaky Snowmen have broken into and invaded the house.
- January 9th: The snow melted from Salty Springs.
- All of the Sneaky Snowmen have melted away at the eastern most house at Salty Springs.
- February 20th: Several GHOST and SHADOW mailboxes and GHOST recruitment posters have appeared around Salty Springs.
- March 17th: The truck holding Midas' golden chair and Meowscles' rope has moved from The Agency and has driven into Salty Springs, leaving only the boat between the bushes. It has a cover over the objects in the back.
- March 24th: The truck with Midas' golden chair and Meowscles' rope has parked at the Blue House in Salty Springs. The objects have now been placed inside the building along with GHOST files appearing inside the building. The "Join GHOST" poster that originally was on the blue building was taken down and placed with the trash, suggesting whoever owns the house isn't a fan of GHOST.
- April 17th: Multiple posters have appeared around Salty Springs relating to music, a planet, and Sweaty Sands.
- The Astronomical Event posters hung around Salty Springs have been updated, showing the time and dates of the Astronomical Event.
- Salty Springs name on the map is now written in Burbank.
- All posters about the Travis Scott’s Astronomical Event have been taken down.
- Midas' golden chair in the blue house in Salty Springs has crashed through second floor onto the first floor with the desk.
- With the flooding of the map, the road going by Salty Springs has been flooded. Because of this, the bottom floor of the eastern house and the inside of the gas station are inaccessible. The gold chair from the blue house has been transported to the No Sweat Storage boat and the floor of the house has been repaired to it's pre-v12.50 state.
V13.20(June 30th)[edit | edit source]
- July 1st: The water level has decreased and all of the water in Salty Springs is gone.
- New cars have appeared around the gas station.
- The Pass N Gas station has been upgraded into a much larger gas station, most likely to accommodate for the cars.
- A small storage building has also been added next to the new gas station.
- You can now drive all the cars at Salty Springs.
- September 26th: Birthday Decorations were added to Salty Springs .
- October 1st: The Birthday Decorations were removed.
- October 12th: Halloween Decorations were added to Salty Springs .
- October 21st: More Halloween Decorations were added to Salty Springs .
- All Halloween decorations were removed.
- Salty Springs was sucked into the Zero Point.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the newly added storage building, there are two doors in the same place at the back of the building.
- There is also a glitched poster which is collided into the wall.
- All of the houses at Salty Springs could be found at different locations across the map, most notably Pleasant Park, Greasy Grove and Retail Row.
- In Chapter 2, the Small House only appears in Salty Springs, making that a unique structure to Salty Springs.
- The secret bunker added in Season 4 was added for the Heroes vs. Villains storyline.
- The secret bunker added in Season 8 was added for the volcano storyline.
- When Battle Royale was initially released, this location was not named. That changed soon after the game's launch.
- Salty Springs is the oldest POI, having been around since the beginning of Fortnite. However, as of Chapter 2 Season 5,it has been replaced by Salty Towers.
- Salty Springs and Holly Hedges are both nods to Holly Springs, NC near where Epic Games is headquartered.
- Salty Springs and Retail Row are the onlys POI that were sucked twice. First, in a Black Hole during The End Event. Then by The Zero Point during The Devourer Of Worlds Event.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Salty Springs before Season 8.
Salty Springs before Chapter 2 Season 1.
Salty Springs before Chapter 2 Season 3.
Salty Springs during Chapter 2 Season 3.