|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
SMGs are ranged weapons in Fortnite, that come in burst-fire, suppressed, tactical and semi-auto variants. All SMGs use Light Bullets as their choice for ammo and are extremely useful at close range. They have a headshot multiplier of 2, and they're accurate at close range.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Magazine Size[edit | edit source]
All SMGs have a magazine range of 24-40, typically 30. The Burst SMG has the lowest magazine of 24, and the Compact SMG has the highest magazine of 40, but it was Vaulted on Patch 9.01. Therefore the Tactical Submachine Gun has the highest magazine of SMGs available in Battle Royale of 35 per magizine before reloading (unvaulted on Patch 10.30.) Second place (and the only other SMG in Battle Royale) is the Suppressed SMG at 30 per magazine before reloading.
Range[edit | edit source]
All SMGs are extremely great at close range battles, following a shotgun, preferably a Pump Shotgun, somewhat good at medium range, and terrible at long range. The Suppressed Submachine Gun is the only SMG that is good at medium range and sometimes at long range, not very often.
All SMGs[edit | edit source]
There are a total of 6 (17 if counting all rarities) different types of SMGs in the game. Four (11 if counting all rarities) are vaulted. Rarity count:
Current SMG[edit | edit source]
=Drum Gun[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- All SMGs have been vaulted at least once.
- The Drum Gun was the first SMG to use medium bullets.
- The Drum Gun was considered an Smg until Season 9.
- The Machine Pistol was the first Submachine Gun to get vaulted.
- In the Solid Gold LTM in Season 10/X, the Machine Pistol was leaked, hinting its return.
- The Compact SMG was the first SMG to have a legendary variant.