It is a drive in theater with a ticket booth, projector, huge projector screen, food stand, restaurant, playground, public toilets and many, many cars.
Chests can be found on the back of a few cars, caravans, some picnic tables, in the ticket stand and food stand, inside the projector screen scaffolding, in an electrical shack behind the projector screen, inside the restaurant, and on a car on a nearby hill.
Risky Reels was formerly a Named POI on the Chapter 1 map, located north of Wailing Woods and east of Lazy Links. Throughout its' previous lifetime, it played a few videos, the most notable being Prepare for Collision. It also played a small Wreck it Ralph cinematic for a few seconds. It was originally released and added on Patch 4.0 of the Season 4 update.
In the 5.10 Patch, Risky Reels was updated and repaired. The houses were fixed, fences have been painted and multiple chest spawns have been added on the new cars. The dirt mound from where the crater was was also patched up.
In Season 7, Risky Reels was crushed by The Block, leaving only the drive-in marquee left. However, it was fully removed in Season 8, with the addition of the jungle biome, leaving no evidence that Risky Reels was ever there.
In Chapter 2, Season 1, Risky Reels was brought back to the map next to Frenzy Farm and became a unnamed POI. Also, Risky Reels has been rotated around, being moved from the northeast corner to towards the center.
Points and Sublocations[edit | edit source]
* Click on the map to view geographic sub-locations.
Risky Reels as of the Live At Risky Event.
Risky Reels in Season 7 before getting removed.
Risky Reels during Season 4.
For more detail on houses and buildings, go to Risky Reels/Buildings
Other Loot Spots[edit | edit source]
- Dining Area
- Car Parking
- Possible Durrr Burger Stand (there are Durrr Burger boxes)
Props[edit | edit source]
- Theater Marquee Board
- Projector Screen
- Destroyed Projector Screen (from meteor)
- Red Cranes
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Season 4[edit | edit source]
- Risky Reels was added to the map.
- The movie titles in the marquee board were "Revenge of Bri's Dog ...... Part 2", "It Came from Moisty Mire" and "What is it?? An Ant n Story".
- "It Came from Moisty Mire" is a reference to It Came from Outer Space, a 1953 black-and-white science fiction horror film. "What is it?? An Ant n Story" might be a reference to What Is It?, a 2005 surrealist movie.
- Week 3: Theater marquee board has been updated with movie titles: Carbide Returns, Valor Origins and Omega's Revenge.
- Week 5: The crater is being patched up. Theater marquee board has been updated with movie titles: Dusty Impact, The Hills are Hunted, The Cabin in Wailing Woods.
- The "Dusty Impact" is a reference to Deep Impact, a 1998 science fiction disaster film. The "Cabin in Wailing Woods" is a reference to The Cabin in the Woods, a 2012 horror comedy film.
- The "Cabin in Wailing Woods" was also foreshadowing for Season 6, when four log cabins were added to Wailing Woods.
- Week 7: Crater has been completely patched up. New selection of film titles were also added on the theater marquee board: The Beautiful Game, Nothing But Not and Mirror of Lies.
- Week 9: The theater marquee board has been updated with new titles: White Lion, The Orange Crusher and TV Dreams.
Season 5[edit | edit source]
- A birthday cake was added to Risky Reels.
- The birthday cake was removed from Risky Reels.
- Week 3: Risky Reels’ drive-in section has been lined up with cars. Flipped cars and destroyed houses' roofs were fixed.
- Week 7: The screen has been fixed and now displays the winning entry of the Fortnite Blockbuster Contest, "Prepare For Collision". Posters of the movie can be found in the area and the marquee board displays the title of the movie.
- In addition, you can also make out "The Misadventures Of Lock and Salem" and "The Incredible Izzie".
Season 6[edit | edit source]
- Wreck It Ralph would sometimes appears on the movie screen for a few seconds. This was added to tie-in to the release of Wreck It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks The Internet.
Season 7[edit | edit source]
- December 7th: Risky Reels is replaced by The Block during The Game Awards 2018.
- The only thing left of Risky is the drive-in marquee.
Season 8[edit | edit source]
- The drive-in marquee was removed with the addition of the Jungle biome, leaving no evidence Risky Reels ever existed.
Chapter 2 Season 1[edit | edit source]
- Risky Reels was added back as an unnamed landmark. It is very similar to its last appearance on the old map.
- November 14: A Bouncing Llama has appeared on the screen, and a timer is going up
- November 14: 2 hours later the screen went blank.
- December 5: The Cars in Risky Reels have been moved and trucks have started to enter Risky Reels.
- December 6: The cars in Risky Reels are now on one of the trucks and the trucks have now entered Risky Reels, their is also a truck carrying excavators entering the location
- December 7: Posters around the map and the Risky Reels movie screen is showing a Star Wars live event is coming on December 14.
- December 8: Risky Reels has returned to normal and the trucks have gone and the cars are back to their original position. This could of been a Easter egg to show the old Chapter 1 risky reels. On 9th December early morning/afternoon/evening whichever time zone your in risky reels changed back to its Chapter 2 Season 1 look as seen below
- December 9: Risky Reels has gone back to it's Chapter 2 Season 1 look, with some changes. Vans and trucks have been moved to the side, the hay and chairs in the area was put inside a truck, and two circles of cones were placed in the middle of the area, an excavator being placed in one, suggesting that digging will start in the circle. The cars are no longer there.
- December 12: A countdown has appeared at Risky and the movie screen has gone. Counting down til the Star Wars event.
- December 14: The Live At Risky Reels Event takes place.
- December 18: Risky Reels has been reverted to its original Chapter 2 state.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Just northwest of Sunny Steps, there was a small Drive-In Theater sign and a movie screen, hinting at Risky Reels returning.
- A Risky Reels prefab can be found in Creative mode for the Chapter 1 version of Risky Reels.
- Risky Reels has been located next to two farms now, Anarchy Acres and Frenzy Farm.
- There was a car that was glitched. If you harvested it, it would give you wood instead of metal, until the car was removed.
- Risky Reels is the first location to be involved in the storyline for Chapter Two, though it was just for an event not crucial to the storyline.
- Risky Reels had a special event that brought Star Wars content to the game, had an special announcement and during it, was shown an exclusive premiere scene of Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker movie on December, 14, 2019.
- Promotional theater content has been shown twice at Risky Reels, with Wreck-it-Ralph 2 and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, as it's literally a theater, making it a perfect place for promotions.
- Sometimes, clips would appear on the screen, without being promotional, like in Season 5, with the Birthday "event" being shown on the screen.