Risky Reels is an unnamed Point Of Interest in Battle Royale which was added to the map in Season 4, located inside the coordinates E3 and E4, northeast of Salty Towers, north of Zero Point and south of Blue Steel Bridge (POI). It is a sandy drive in theater with a ticket booth, projector, huge projector screen, food stand, restaurant, playground, public toilets and many, many cars. Chests could be found on the back of a few cars, caravans, some picnic tables, in the ticket stand and food stand, inside the projector screen scaffolding, in an electrical shack behind the projector screen, inside the restaurant, and formerly on a car on a nearby hill.
Risky Reels was formerly a named Point Of Interest added in Season 4, located north of Wailing Woods and east of Lazy Links. Throughout its previous lifetime, it played a few videos, the most notable being Prepare for Collision. It also played a small Wreck it Ralph cinematic for a few seconds in Season 6. It was originally released and added on the initial patch of Season 4. In the 5.10 Patch, Risky Reels was updated and repaired. The houses were fixed, fences have been painted and multiple chest spawns have been added on the new cars. The dirt mound from where the crater was was also patched up.
In Season 7, Risky Reels was crushed by The Block, leaving only the drive-in marquee left. However, The Block relocated northwest in Season 8, with the addition of the jungle biome, leaving no evidence that Risky Reels was ever there. In Season 10, a small shrine near Sunny Steps was changed to have a nod to Risky Reels, but as a two-person set up.
In Chapter 2, Season 1, Risky Reels was brought back to the map next to Frenzy Farm and became an unnamed POI. Also, Risky Reels has been rotated around, being moved from the northeast corner to towards the center. However, on Patch 12.50, Risky Reels became a named POI once again. It was the only named POI without a Reboot Van.
In Chapter 2 Season 3, Risky Reels became unnamed again and was severely flooded, leaving only the top of the screen accessible that has one chest.
However, on July 11th, 2020 in Patch 13.20, the water in Risky Reels receded, making the area completely dry again. As an aftermath, the vehicles are damaged and covered in seaweed, and some buildings and props were damaged as well, the location remains unnamed.
In Chapter 2 Season 5, Risky Reels was covered in sand and completely abandoned. All of the car have disappeared, probably destroyed. All of the RVs have been covered in sand and fallen over, and IO Guards now spawn here.
Points and Sublocations[edit | edit source]
* Click on the map to view geographic sub-locations.
Risky Reels during Season 4.
Risky Reels in Season 7 before getting removed.
Risky Reels as of the Live At Risky Event.
Risky Reels before The Devourer Of Worlds Event.
For more detail on houses and buildings, go to Risky Reels/Buildings
Other Loot Spots[edit | edit source]
- Dining Area
- Car Parking
- Possible Durrr Burger Stand (there are Durrr Burger boxes)
Props[edit | edit source]
- Theater Marquee Board
- Projector Screen
- Destroyed Projector Screen (from meteor)
- Red Cranes
Challenges[edit | edit source]
|Land at 10 different named locations||Starter Challenges||5|
|Visit 15 different Landmarks||TNTina's Trial||40,000|
|Search 10 Chests at Landmarks||Skye's Adventure||40,000|
|Search 5 Chests in different Named Locations||Midas' Mission||40,000|
|Carry a giant pink teddy bear found in Risky Reels 100 meters||Midas' Mission||40,000|
|Stage 2 of 3 - Use an Upgrade Bench as Tony Stark (1)||Iron Man Awakening Challenges|
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
- Risky Reels was added to the map.
- Week 3: Theater marquee board has been updated with movie titles: Carbide Returns, Valor Origins and Omega's Revenge.
- Week 5: The crater is being patched up. Theater marquee board has been updated with movie titles: Dusty Impact, The Hills are Hunted, The Cabin in Wailing Woods.
- The "Dusty Impact" is a reference to Deep Impact, a 1998 science fiction disaster film. The "Cabin in Wailing Woods" is a reference to The Cabin in the Woods, a 2012 horror comedy film.
- The "Cabin in Wailing Woods" was also foreshadowing for Season 6, when four log cabins were added to Wailing Woods.
- Week 7: Crater has been completely patched up. New selection of film titles were also added on the theater marquee board: The Beautiful Game, Nothing But Not and Mirror of Lies.
- "The Beautiful Game" might be a reference to The Beautiful Game, better known as "The Match", a 1999 romantic comedy film.
- A soccer goal pitch has appeared behind the screen.
- Week 9: The theater marquee board has been updated with new titles: White Lion, The Orange Crusher and TV Dreams.
V5.10[edit | edit source]
- A birthday cake was added to Risky Reels.
- The birthday cake was removed from Risky Reels.
- Week 3: Risky Reels’ drive-in section has been lined up with cars. Flipped cars and destroyed houses' roofs were fixed.
V5.30[edit | edit source]
- Week 7: The screen has been fixed and now displays the winning entry of the Fortnite Blockbuster Contest, "Prepare For Collision". Posters of the movie can be found in the area and the marquee board displays the title of the movie.
- In addition, you can also make out "The Misadventures Of Lock and Salem" and "The Incredible Izzie".
- Quadcrashers appeared on the back of a trailer in Risky Reels.
- Wreck It Ralph would sometimes appear on the movie screen for a few seconds. This was added to tie-in to the release of Wreck It Ralph 2: Ralph Breaks The Internet.
V7.00[edit | edit source]
- December 7th: Risky Reels was replaced by The Block during The Game Awards 2018.
- The only thing left of Risky is the drive-in marquee.
V8.00[edit | edit source]
- The Block relocated to the northwest part of the map and the drive-in marquee was removed with the addition of the jungle biome, leaving no evidence Risky Reels ever existed.
- August 1st: A small cinema screen resembling Risky Reels has appeared east of Sunny Steps with two small pots of fire on either side. One chest could spawn on the back a of a small car in a match.
- October 13th: The tiny cinema screen was sucked into the Black Hole during The End Event.
- Risky Reels was added back as an unnamed landmark. It is very similar to its last appearance on the old map.
- November 14th: A Bouncing Llama has appeared on the screen, and a timer is going up. 2 hours later, the screen went blank.
- December 5th: The cars in Risky Reels have been moved and trucks have started to enter Risky Reels.
- December 6th: The cars in Risky Reels are now on one of the trucks and the trucks have now entered Risky Reels, there is also a truck carrying excavators entering the location.
- December 7th: Multiple posters have appeared around Risky Reels, having the same information as the Risky Reels movie screen of Star Wars.
- December 9th: Vans and trucks have been moved to the side, the hay and chairs in the area was put inside a truck, and two circles of cones were placed in the middle of the area, an excavator being placed in one, suggesting that digging will start in the circle. The cars are no longer there.
- December 12th: A 2 day countdown has appeared at Risky and the movie screen is gone. Counting down till the Star Wars event.
- The Event takes place.
- December 15th: All posters about the Star Wars event have been taken down.
- Risky Reels has been reverted to its original Chapter 2 state.
- Several Ghost recruitment posters have appeared around Risky Reels.
- The Risky Reels screen temporarily turned on, showing a similar llama screen like the one in Chapter 2 Season 1. It is most likely a test for an upcoming event.
- April 10th: The Risky Reels screen began to show a video hourly of an episode of Punk'd, a show run by Quibi.
- April 12th: The Risky Reels screen stopped playing.
- April 14th: The Risky Reels screen began to show a video hourly of an episode of another show run by Quibi, The Sauce.
- Four large, pink bears have appeared at Risky Reels, seemingly for a cookout and to watch the episode of The Sauce.
- April 17th: Multiple posters have appeared around Risky Reels relating to music, a planet, and Sweaty Sands.
- The Astronomical Event posters hung around Risky Reels have been updated, showing the time and dates of the Astronomical Event.
- All posters about the Travis Scott’s Astronomical Event have been taken down.
- Risky Reels is now a Named Location again.
- The Risky Reels drive-in marquee and several cars could be seen floating during the event, when water consumed most of the map. However, this was a change only for the event and not an actual change to the location.
- Risky Reels has flooded. The movie screen has been damaged, and some cars have begun floating in the water. The only accessible part of Risky Reels is the top of the movie screen. Risky Reels is once again a landmark instead of a named location.
- July 1st: The water dropped slightly, revealing small parts of Risky Reels.
- July 11th: The water level lowered further, revealing the rest of Risky Reels. Some cars have randomly turned gold.
- Most of the cars at Risky Reels have disappeared due to the No Sweat Insurance coverage, leaving it mostly empty.
- You can now drive all the cars at Risky Reels other than the overgrown and sunken cars.
- Tony Stark has set up Rift Beacons in Risky Reels.
- September 6th: The Stark Beacons have been activated.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Just northwest of Sunny Steps, there was a small Drive-In Theater sign and a movie screen, a nod to Risky Reels.
before Season X
- A Risky Reels prefab can be found in Creative mode for the Chapter 1 version of Risky Reels.
- Risky Reels has been located next to two farms now, Anarchy Acres and Frenzy Farm.
- There was a car that was glitched. If you harvested it, it would give you wood instead of metal, until the car was removed.
- Risky Reels is the first location to be involved in a live event for Chapter Two, though it was not crucial for the storyline.
- Promotional theater content has been shown twice at Risky Reels, with Wreck-it-Ralph 2 and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, as it's literally a theater, making it a perfect place for promotions.
- Sometimes, clips would appear on the screen, without being promotional, like in Season 5, with the Birthday "event" being shown on the screen.
- However, Party Royale now premieres trailers at The Big Screen, as evident by the Tenet trailer being premiered here.
- Risky Reels was a named location in Chapter 1, became a landmark in Chapter 2 Season 1, changed back into a named location in Chapter 2 Season 2, and became a landmark again in Chapter 2 Season 3.
- Risky Reels did not have a Reboot Van in the area, despite it's change back into a Named Location.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Risky Reels before Season 5
Risky Reels before Season 7
Risky Reels before Chapter 2 Season 3
Risky Reels during Chapter 2 Season 3
Risky Reels before Chapter 2 Season 4