The Rift Beacon was a map changing device made by The Scientist in Battle Royale in Season 10/X. The Rift Beacon has the ability to change locations on the Battle Royale map, adding new locations or returning old locations. It shot a beam of electricity into the sky, until a dome appeared around the certain location, or in Stadium (POI), it exploded and destroyed the location.
Rift Beacons return in Chapter 2 Season 4. Instead of being made by The Scientist they are instead made by Tony Stark.
Activated Rift Beacon at Tilted Town.
A Stark Industries rift beacon
The lazer crated by a rift beacon
A rift beacon being built
Tony Stark's Rift Beacon Plans
The circle created by the rift beacons
- August 20th: A Rift Beacon active at the Stadium near Tilted caused an explosion, destroying the POI altogether.
- October 13th: The Rocket had launched from Dusty Depot and activated all the Rifts in the sky. 7 rockets flew around the island through rifts. Eventually, the Rockets pulled the Meteor into a rift and sent the Meteor crashing into the Zero Point. It created a Black Hole, wiping out the entire island.
- August 27th: Rift beacons have appeared around the map, they have a different design and are only one part.
- The rift beacons have started emitting some sort of lazer thing, they are forming a circle and creating some sort of green wall thing.
- The Rift Beacon was added to the Dusty Depot and Diner Prop Gallery.
- The Beacon seemed to get its power from the Zero Point at Loot Lake.