A Rift beacon was a map changing device made by The Visitor or The Scientist in Battle Royale in Season 10/X. The Rift Beacon has the ability to change locations on the Battle Royale map, adding new locations or returning old locations.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
- August 20th: A Rift Beacon active at the Stadium near Tilted caused an explosion, destroying the POI altogether.
- August 27th: Pandora was added to the map, replacing Pueblo (POI) and Trucker's Oasis. However, the Rift Beacon stayed there, meaning the location would revert soon.
- September 3rd: A Rift Beacon at Fatal Fields brought back the Floating Island from Season 6. It had other features added to it like lost artifacts from Season 4 and the Motel was brought back as well. Fatal Fields got no changes.
- September 11th: Pandora was reverted back to Pueblo and Trucker's Oasis, and Rift Beacons placed at Frozen Greasy Grove and Paradise Palms brought Greasy Grove back as well as adding a merging of two POI's, Moisty Palms.
- September 21st: A Rift Beacon turned Tilted Town into Gotham City. This is the only time a Rift Zone replaced another Rift Zone.
- September 25th: Starry Suburbs replaced an empty part of the map. A small Dirt Track was the only thing located there.
- October 13th: The Rocket had launched from Dusty Depot and activated all the Rifts in the sky. 7 rockets flew around the island through rifts. Eventually, the Rockets pulled the Meteor into a rift and sent the Meteor crashing into the Zero Point. It created a Black Hole, wiping out the entire island.
In Creative[edit | edit source]
The Rift Beacon was added to the Dusty Depot and Diner prop gallery
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Beacon seemed to get its power from the Zero Point at Loot Lake.