Revolver (Battle Royale)
|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
|Last Adjustment||Patch 14.00|
The Revolver was Vaulted in Patch 5.40, but was unvaulted in 9.30 Content Update with the addition of and variants, but in Patch 11.0 all variants of the Revolver were vaulted. The Revolver was vaulted to reduce the number of items in the game and it was not used very frequently in-game.
The and Revolver has been re-vaulted with Patch 15.00 and was replaced by the and Pistol.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Sound[edit | edit source]
Textures[edit | edit source]
1.6 (Common to Rare)
9.3 Cont. Update (Epic & Legendary)
Availability[edit | edit source]
Chapter 1[edit | edit source]
|Rarities||Chest||Floor Loot||Supply Drop|
Chapter 2[edit | edit source]
|Rarities||Chest||Rare Chest||Floor Loot||Supply Drop|
Changes[edit | edit source]
Patch Notes[edit | edit source]
Vault Log[edit | edit source]
|5.4||✅ , &|
|9.3||✅ , &|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- The Revolver has a somewhat decent fire rate and does not take that long to reload, so it is best used for medium-range attacks or as a substitute to a sniper rifle when the player doesn't have one.
- Headshots with any rarity of the Revolver do over 100 damage at close ranges, allowing for instant eliminations early game. Due to this extreme headshot damage, it can also be considered worth it to run the Revolver with a Pump Shotgun, as it can be sort-of considered a single-pellet shotgun of sorts.
- The Hand Cannon and the Revolver are close in power, but the Revolver has a higher DPS and fire rate than the Hand Cannon, while the Hand Cannon has higher damage per shot and needs fewer shots to eliminate at long ranges (min. damage 50, 100 on headshot).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Revolver seems to be based off a Vintage .357 Magnum Revolver with some custom engravings on it.
- The Legendary Revolver is based off the Chiappa Rhino, possibly a 40 or 50DS. The Fortnite version does not have a 6 o'clock bore axis like the Rhino.
- The Revolver was modified and re-introduced as the Six Shooter.
- The Six Shooter was vaulted, and replaced by a closer variant to the original Revolver called the Scoped Revolver. That has also been vaulted, and the Six Shooter was no longer vaulted, but the Six Shooter was only available in Tilted Town. Because of the Batman crossover introduced in Patch 10.31, the Six Shooter has returned to the Vault.
- The weapon is way faster than the Hand Cannon with 1.5 fire rate beating 0.8 fire rate.
- There are three revolvers in the game, the Revolver, the Six Shooter and the Scoped Revolver, all of which were vaulted once. The Revolver and Six Shooter were returned to the game, but the Six Shooter is only available in Tilted Town. Because of the Batman crossover introduced in Patch 10.31, the Six Shooter has returned to the Vault.
- The Revolver used to use Light Bullets before being changed to Medium Bullets following patch 2.5.0.
- This was the sixth item to head to the Vault after the Tactical Submachine Gun.
- The Revolver deals the highest damage for a weapon that uses Medium Bullets, with the Legendary variant dealing 66 damage.
- The reason why the Revolver was not used often was because of the damage dropoff with the weapon that made the Hand Cannon arguably better.
- There were and variants of the Revolver that were leaked in the files of Patch 9.30.
- This is the third weapon to be available in all five main rarities. The first being Assault Rifle, and the second being the Burst Assault Rifle. (The Infantry Rifle was technically the third but the variant was vaulted before the & variants came out). Despite this, it did not make it to Chapter 2 Season 1.
- This is also the first pistol to be available in all five main rarities.
- This is also the first firearm to be available in Fortnite with rarities that were not available before unvaulting.
- This is the eleventh item to be unvaulted, following the Pump Shotgun.
- When Patch 10.0 was released the revolver's animation was changed to fit the current fire rate.
- The previous animation was used for the 0.9 fire rate instead of the 1.5 fire rate.
- The Revolver’s fire rate was changed 2 times, from 0.9 to 1.2, and from 1.2 to 1.5 before it’s and variants were released. This was found by going into the Creative inventory and then check the stats there.
- This weapon is one of the 3 weapons that still have the old pickup sound, the other 2 are the Six Shooter and the Flashlight Pistol.