Retrieve the Data is a Mission in Save the World and has the following key points:
- Locate the Landing Zone - Search the world for the location of incoming Data Payload.
- Fortify the Area - Prepare a fort around the landing zone to prevent enemies from corrupting the files.
- Defend the Payload - Prevent the enemy from reaching the Payload and corrupting the files.
On 5.10 Update, mission controls were added to Retrieve the Data for mission activation and voting. This replaces the Difficulty Pylon in the world and allows for both mission start and difficulty increase at the mission location.
Players have 20 minutes to locate and fortify a Weather Balloon that slowly lands from the sky. If done quickly, players can shoot the the balloon at 8 minutes to drop it early. Players must defend the balloon for 8 minutes.
- Recommended Build Limit: 95
- Total Files: 16
6.10 Patch Notes (October 16, 2018
- We've introduced a new type of Mission Alert: Beta Storms!
- Beta Storms are an avenue for testing all kinds of new content. This gives us a chance to see what you think of new content and experimental ideas.
- Beta Storms are a limited-time Mission Alert. They'll only stick around for a week or two, and then they're gone.
- This week, we've introduced a Retrieve the Data Beta Storm, along with a quest line with escalating rewards for trying out the Beta Storm.
- In this new version of Retrieve the Data you are under pressure as the Storm closes in on the balloon’s landing spot. The Storm will cause damage to you and force the combat into a smaller area when defending the Data. The mission is 20 minutes long and the only way to get the maximum reward is to shoot down the balloon as soon as allowed.
- This Beta Storm ends when the v6.20 update arrives, so try it out while it’s available.
Patch 5.10 (July 24, 2018)
- New Mission Control
- We’ve begun implementing a new system for mission activation and voting. For now, we've added it to Retrieve the Data and Ride the Lightning missions. This new system replaces the Difficulty Pylon in the world and allows for both mission start and difficulty increase at the mission location.