Retail Row (Formerly Mega Mall) is an area on the Battle Royale map located at east coordinates G6 and H6, northeast of Lazy Lake and south of Dirty Docks. It is a retail store complex with a wide parking lot and a residential neighborhood beside the commercial area that consists mostly of houses.
Retail Row was removed when in Week 10 of Season 8, during the "Unvaulting Event", the Volcano erupted, destroying the entire shopping district of Retail Row, along with Tilted Towers. A taco shop and the residential district survived the eruption.
At the start of Chapter 2 Season 1, Retail Row was added to the new map, along with two other POI's from the old map. It is no longer contained within a rift zone or inhabited by cube monsters.
Every Fortnitemares the empty shop is converted into the Hey Boo! Shop for Halloween.
- 1 Points and Sub-locations
- 2 Map Changes
- 3 Trivia
Points and Sub-locations[edit | edit source]
* Click on the map to view geographic sub-locations.
Retail Row after The Unvaulting Event
For more detail on buildings and houses, visit Retail Row/Buildings
NOMS Grocery Store[edit | edit source]
A Chest can be found on the top of a shelf, in a store room. Another Chest is found on a table, in an office in the building's second floor. A vending machine can be found in the ground floor, just next to the entrance, and an ammo box can be found in the restaurant area, in the second floor.
- Bass Shop at Retail Row
McGuffin's book store[edit | edit source]
- McGuffin's book store at Retail Row
Other Loot Spots[edit | edit source]
Starting from the West and going South as needed
Wooden Gazebo[edit | edit source]
Blue House[edit | edit source]
Blue House is a 2-story house with a garage. It has 2 chests. It can also be in Salty Springs in a damaged state.
In Chapter 1, this house in both Retail Row and Salty Springs was a mix of white wood and red brick.
Yellow House[edit | edit source]
Yellow House[edit | edit source]
Orange House[edit | edit source]
Brick House[edit | edit source]
Fenced-off Area[edit | edit source]
- Big Shots Espresso Cafe
- Water Tower
- Joel's Pub
- The Detective Agency
- Durrr Burger Restaurant (until Season 8)
- Uncle Pete's Pizza Pit Restaurant (until Season 8)
- Brick House
- Double-Colored House
- BasketBall Court
- Parking Lot
- Hey Boo! Shop (only around Halloween)
- Empty Shop
Props[edit | edit source]
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Season 1[edit | edit source]
- Retail Row was added to the map.
Season 2[edit | edit source]
- A Christmas tree appeared in Retail Row.
- A cabin next to the Christmas tree was added and made to look like a small store.
- The Christmas tree and cabin has been removed from Retail Row.
Season 3[edit | edit source]
- Vending Machines were added to Retail Row.
Season 4[edit | edit source]
- A Detective Agency office has been added at the vacant space of Retail Row's commercial area.
- The NOMS sign was sucked away by a rift.
Season 5[edit | edit source]
- The CUBE rolled near Retail Row, creating an anti-gravity zone slightly in the southeast portion of Retail Row.
Season 6[edit | edit source]
- A Hey Boo! store has appeared at the previously unoccupied space between McGuffin's bookstore and the unnamed camping equipment shop.
- A Corrupted Area has appeared next to Retail Row.
- November 5th: The Halloween store has now been abandoned and sits dormant. The NOM'S sign has returned.
- December 3rd: A Pizza Pit truck and Durrr Burger truck are at Retail Row.
Season 7[edit | edit source]
- An outdoor Durrr Burger restaurant has opened around the food truck.
- Christmas decorations were put on the shops and houses.
- The corrupted area near Retail Row is now overgrown and is vanishing.
- Week 3: There is now a small Uncle Pete's Pizza Pit restaurant between the basketball court and the Durrr Burger restaurant, in the former place of a small playground.
- Retail Row was covered in snow on Christmas and in the Ice Storm Event.
- Week 8: The Shop near the Outdoor Durrr Burger restaurant has been turned into a new Durrr Burger Shop.
- Week 10: Uncle Pete's Pizza Pit has been expanded to include a restroom. The kitchen has been relocated and now goes through part of the basketball court.
Season 8[edit | edit source]
- The indoor Durrr Burger has expanded including a restroom.
- Week 3: The Pizza Pit has further expanded. The restaurant has more seating and the basketball court is gone.
- Week 5: Durrr Burger has got another floor with more seats and another bathroom.
- Week 6: The Pizza Pit restaurant has expanded to include a second floor. The spinning tomato head from Tomato Town has also returned along with the pizza roof.
- April 17: There is now an underground shelter under the big brick house next to Uncle Pete's Pizza Pit. The access to the bunker is hidden in the garage, under a car.
- The Durrr Burger restaurant in has expanded. The burger mascot has appeared at the top of the restaurant.
- Week 10: The shopping part of Retail Row has been completely destroyed by the Volcano. The residential buildings and the taco shop managed to survive the eruption.
Season 9[edit | edit source]
- Retail Row was reconstructed and renamed to Mega Mall.
- All of the houses in Retail Row/Mega Mall were repaired and updated with futuristic designs.
Season 10[edit | edit source]
- August 14: Mega Mall was turned back into Retail Row, but not the way as we know it.
- The secret bunker has disappeared along with the Durrr Burger and Pizza Pit restaurants upon Retail Row's reappearance.
- The houses that were repaired in Season 8 are now broken like they were before.
- Fiends also roam the location.
- The detective Agency has returned also, reverting the location back to around Season 4-6.
- October 13th: Retail Row was sucked into a black hole.
Chapter 2 Season 1[edit | edit source]
- Retail Row was added to a new map.
- Retail Row is no longer a rift zone, and no longer contains CUBE monsters.
- Most of the houses are repaired, have different design, and have become more modernized.
- A bus stop with accessible bus has appeared near the basketball court.
- The upgrade bench is located in the small brick building near the Water Tower.
- Roads have changed to fit the new map layout.
v11.10 (October 29th)[edit | edit source]
- The Hey Boo! store has returned, which is where the people are getting their Halloween decor from around the map. Houses in the area are decorated with Halloween props and furniture in the houses are floating for the 2019 Fortnitemares.
- November 5th: Halloween decorations have been taken down, and furniture is no longer floating.
- November 20th: The Hey Boo! Store has been abandoned.
- Part of the car park was sectioned off and a small cabin, like the one added on Christmas 2017, was added. This hints to a Christmas tree appearing here.
- December 5th: A pile of wood has appeared next to the sectioned off car park.
v11.30 (December 12th)[edit | edit source]
- December 12th: Retail Row has been covered in snow.
- The Christmas tree has been completed.
- The Hey Boo! store was converted into a Christmas shop.
- December 18th: The decorations on the Christmas tree are now complete.
v11.40 (January 15th)[edit | edit source]
- The Christmas shop has closed down.
Chapter 2 Season 2[edit | edit source]
- The Christmas shop has been redecorated into two separate shops. One is a flower shop with the Ghost logo on it, known as Ghost Flowers, and another is a lamp shop with the Shadow logo on it, Shadow Lamps.
- Several Ghost and Shadow mailboxes and recruitment posters have appeared around Retail Row.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Many of the houses at Retail Row can be found at different locations across the map, most notably Pleasant Park, Greasy Grove and Salty Springs.
- Retail Row is the only location in which Durrr Burger and Uncle Pete's Pizza Pit have had restaurants set up at the same time.
- The secret bunkers added in Season 8 were for the volcano story-line.
- Retail Row the only location on the current map to have been updated every season at some point.
- Retail Row is the second POI to ever return to the map, the first being Dusty Depot and the Factories.
- If you go up to the giant fish on the Outdoor equipment store and emote, the fish will start flopping and music will play.
- During Season 10, if you were to enter Retail Row, instead of the normal text that appears (Beware the Horde) the text can instead say "What a horrible night to have a curse". This is a reference to Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest (more info needed).
- Retail Row is one of the locations to stay after getting a new map, the others being Salty Springs and Pleasant Park
- Retail Row is the only location to be added 3 times.
- Retail Row is one of 6 locations to be removed twice after making a return in Season 10/X.
- It is also the only Rift Zone that has reappeared on the Chapter 2 Map, but with its feature removed.
- The Location appears to be powered by Steamy Stacks as power lines come from there to power it, these lines are actually Zip-lines that can be ridden across the map.