From Fortnite Wiki
(Redirected from Release Date)
|This article is a stub. You can help Fortnite Wiki by .|
This article is a stub. You can help Fortnite Wiki by .
Fortnite was first announced in 2011 and is set to become fully free-to-play in 2018.
Release Timeline[edit | edit source]
- Fortnite was first announced at the 2011 Spike Video Game Awards.
- In April 2014, Fortnite's closed Alpha sign-ups began and the game was revealed to be aimed towards a free-to-play model.
- In December 2014, the first round of Fortnite's Alpha began.
- In March 2015, the second round of the Alpha began.
- In Fall 2015, Fortnite was announced to be compatible with Mac computers, and the closed Beta phase began.
- Fortnite became available for Early Access on Windows, Mac, Xbox, and Playstation for those who preordered the game on July 21, 2017 and on July 25, 2017 for those who did not preorder.
- Battle Royale was released as free to play on September 26, 2017.
- Save the World is set to become free-to-play sometime in 2018.
References[edit | edit source]
- Spike TV Announces 2011 “Video Game Awards” Winners
- Epic Games Reveals Cartoony New IP Fortnite
- Fortnite alpha signups are now open
- Gears of War dev's PC-exclusive Fortnite has Diablo-like looting
- Epic Games kicks off Fortnite alpha on Dec. 2
- Fortnite kicks off second closed alpha with a livestream this afternoon
- Epic's Fortnite coming to Mac, beta hits this fall
- Fortnite Early Access has started for those who pre-ordered Founder’s Packs
- Tweet by @FortniteGame