|Last Adjustment||Patch 14.4|
The Reboot Van is a special type of van found in the small team modes of Battle Royale, first featured in Season 8. Reboot Vans allow players to bring eliminated teammates back into the game through Reboot Cards (which automatically drops when you get eliminated).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Reboot Vans emit a distinctly due to the fact blue light upon rebooting someone.
- They also make a loud noise that can alert nearby opponents.
- If someone happens to be rebooted near you, you can pursue that player, who will have bad loot from the reboot, for an easy elimination.
- The elimination feed shows when people are rebooted.
- Pay attention to the Reboot Van if you are in a named location, as it might just save a teammate's life or it might just allow you to cut off a recently rebooted player.
- A viable strategy is to send one squad member to a Reboot Van and have another squad member pick up a teammate's Reboot Card. This way, as soon as the Card is picked up, the player can be rebooted. This strategy does not work in Duos, however, and the split member(s) need(s) to make sure not to die.
- When rebooting a teammate, either go to an angle where you know you will not be shot from, since the Van is indestructible. If that isn't possible, build around the Van to give yourself cover while rebooting.
- Once a teammate has been rebooted, drop them some healing items, materials, and ammunition as soon as possible, especially later on in the game. Make finding some loot for your newly rebooted teammate a priority, as a Pistol doesn't go a long way.
- There can be a blue detector on your gameplay if someone gets rebooted near you.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite Risky Reels becoming a named location in v12.50, a Reboot Van doesn’t appear.
- It is based off a feature in Apex Legends that is called a Respawn Beacon.
- In order to reboot a teammate, the Reboot Card they drop on death must be picked up by any member of the squad.
- Once dropped, the Reboot Card will last for 90 seconds before it expires and despawns.
- If a squad has picked up a Reboot Card, any member of it can interact with a Reboot Van for ten seconds to reboot every teammate whose Reboot Card has been picked up.
- There is a five second delay between each teammate rebooted.
- Rebooted teammates have 100 wood, a Pistol, and 36 Light Bullets.
- Though in some LTMs, the Reboot Van doesn't give you these 3 items, or the Pistol is another type of weapon.
- One Reboot Van can be found at each named location on the map.
- Reboot Vans cannot be destroyed.
- Once a Reboot Van has been used, it must recharge for one minute (formerly two minutes before Patch 14.10) before it can be reused.
- The Reboot Van in Holly Hedges allows you to build inside the Reboot Van, this seems to be a bug. But it's good since you can protect yourself fully without using a bunch of materials.
- In v14.40, Reboot Vans have been disabled as part of Fortnitemares 2020. They returned in v14.50 after the event ended.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Named Locations[edit | edit source]
- The Ruins
- The Fortilla
- Catty Corner
- Lazy Lake
- Misty Meadows
- Retail Row
- Stark Industries
- Steamy Stacks
- Doom's Domain
- Salty Springs
- Holly Hedges
- Sweaty Sands
- Weeping Woods
- Craggy Cliffs
- Dirty Docks
- Slurpy Swamp
- Coral Castle