|This article is about the Battle Royale shotgun. For the Save The World shotgun subtype, see Pump-Action Shotguns. For the Common-rarity Save The World pump-action shotgun, see Pump-action Shotgun.|
|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
|Last Adjustment||Patch 11.0|
Pump Shotgun is a Shotgun in Battle Royale. It is available in , , , , and . It uses Shells as ammo, has a head shot multiplier of 2 and fires ten pellets in a spread to do damage. Firing from a limited magazine, the Pump Shotgun outputs immense damage up close, but very slowly. It is completely lacking in ranged combat ability and does not constantly shoot when the trigger is held down. The Pump Shotgun can be found from floor loot and chests.The variant also dropped from Loot Stars and Loot Carriers Until Patch 11.00 (Chapter 2 Launch).
The Pump Shotgun is one of 2 shotguns currently in Battle Royale, the other being the Tactical Shotgun. The Pump Shotgun has a tighter spread than the Tactical Shotgun and does more damage, however fires and reloads slower and has a smaller magazine size.
It used to be available inand variants. However, Patch 3.4 promoted it to and , and Patch 6.31 added its and variants.
On Patch 9.00, the Pump Shotgun was vaulted and made only available in Playground and Creative. The reason given for this was that the Pump Shotgun accounted for 26% of all eliminations earned across the entire game. However, on the 9.30 Content Update, the and variants of the Pump Shotgun were unvaulted, while the and remained in the Vault.
After the Chapter 2, Season 1 patch, the , , and variants of the Pump Shotgun made an appearance in regular game modes, meaning that the Pump Shotgun has been unvaulted completely. However, the Pump Shotgun's damage (except for the variant) was nerfed by to balance the game.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Textures[edit | edit source]
, and , Textures[edit | edit source]
and Textures[edit | edit source]
Before Patch 11.00
Availability[edit | edit source]
Pump Shotgun has a chance to appear among same weapon class in the following circumstances:
Pump Shotgun has a chance to appear among all weapons in the following circumstances: Template:Class
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- The Pump Shotgun is a very powerful shotgun in Battle Royale, at the cost of having a low fire rate and small ammo capacity of five rounds. A well-placed shot could remove a target's shield completely or eliminate a target in one shot at close ranges, depending on the rarity.
- At point blank range, headshots with the and variants of the Pump Shotgun can instantly eliminate opponents even with full health and shield. It is currently the only gun other than sniper rifles able to do this.
- The , , and Pump Shotgun, however, cannot achieve the same feat, so it can be worth it to risk taking damage to upgrade a Pump Shotgun, or just taking a Tactical Shotgun instead.
- A fast-firing weapon to switch to is recommended, such as a submachine gun or pistol, as the Pump Shotgun is quite slow to shoot and is rather unpredictable at medium distances, sometimes dealing very low damage. A good strategy is to fire the Pump Shotgun to do a lot of damage then switching to your fast firing weapon to eliminate your enemy.
- The Pump Shotgun is incapable of destroying materials due to its extremely lowered material damage.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Currently, the Pump Shotgun is the only gun-based weapon to have been “promoted” in rarity.
- The Pump Shotgun’s , and variants MAY be inspired by the Remington 870 Wingmaster Edition, however comparing the two side-by side shows key differences, like the slide action being differently designed on Fortnite's version of it, alongside a laser sight added on top of the barrel. It could be inspired by any other wooden-trimmed pump-action shotgun, but which one is not exactly known. However, the Pump Shotgun’s and variants most certainly are almost exact replicas of the Franchi SPAS-12 shotgun, with the shotgun's signature rectangular slide action and infamous folding stock.
- In Patch 11.00, the , , and variants of the weapon were nerfed, previously 90/95/100/105 (180/190/200/210 headshots) to 70/80/90/100 (140/160/180/200 headshots), making impossible instant killing headshots with the variant.
- The variant was not affected by this change.
- This nerf makes the Tactical Shotgun, despite the fact that the Pump is supposed to be a lower fire-rate, higher damage gun than the Tactical. variant do less damage than the
- This is the tenth item to be unvaulted, following the Shockwave Grenade.
- The Pump Shotgun was part of Tilted Town's exclusive loot pool.
- Technically, this shotgun does not store five rounds in its ammo barrel, but rather it is a 4+1 shotgun - four ammo rounds in the ammo barrel, plus one in the chamber.
- In Patch 9.00, the Pump Shotgun was vaulted and the Combat Shotgun replaced it. This was an extremely controversial decision from Epic, as many cited this gun as the best in Fortnite thanks to the one-shot ability if laid on the head of a full health and shield player, as well as having lasted all the way from the game's release in September of 2017.
- Epic reacted to the controversy and unvaulted the weapon (not completely though) in Patch 9.30.
- The Patch 11.0 if it s a headshot. Pump Shotgun could fully eliminate a opponent before