Polar Peak is a location that was added in Season 7 of Fortnite. Before v9.20, it was a large iceberg with a castle at the top and a little village surrounding it. The main tower was on the iceberg while two smaller towers were lower down on the iceberg creating a wall. Around the peak, there are smaller towers and campsites. There are zip lines leading to and from the iceberg. It is located north of Happy Hamlet, south-west of Shifty Shafts and east of Frosty Flights.
During the May 4th unvaulting event, the volcano erupted a large volcanic rock that cracked Polar Peak severely. Early on in Season 9, the iceberg was cracking even more and occasionally rumbled with ice dust coming off it. A little later, an eye could be seen inside the iceberg which looked at players and made strange noises.
After v9.20, the iceberg collapsed and the main castle crumbled down into pieces. Some of the buildings surrounding it also fell down and the infinity blade altar disappeared. The eye previously seen inside also vanished, and some footprints appeared near the iceberg.
On June 9th, Polar Peak's castle has been sighted in the water south of the island, The monster is carrying it. The monster will come out of the water and re-submerge shortly after.
Then on June 12th, the Monster destroyed the final standing house in Snobby Shores. There is a footprint mark in the middle of the house.
On June 16th, the Monster in Polar Peak then destroyed the Modern House in Pleasant Park. This most likely means the Monster can fly, because there would've been footprints from Snobby to Pleasant.
- 1 Points and Sublocations
- 2 Map Changes
- 2.1 Season 6
- 2.2 Season 7
- 2.3 Season 8
- 2.4 Season 9
Points and Sublocations[edit | edit source]
* Click on the map to view geographic sub-locations.
Other Loot Spots[edit | edit source]
Props[edit | edit source]
- Camp Sites
- Infinity Blade Altar covered in ice
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Season 6[edit | edit source]
- October 10th: The iceberg appears, with the lights of the castle on. It proceeds to the island slowly.
Season 7[edit | edit source]
- Polar Peak was added to the map after colliding with the island.
7.01 Patch Notes (December 11)[edit | edit source]
- The snow on the peak has melted a bit and has revealed more of the tower and the fortress which surrounds it.
- The Infinity Blade altar can be found there.
- December 14th: The Infinity Blade is now gone from the altar. The snow has melted further, revealing more of the castle.
7.10 Patch Notes (December 18th)[edit | edit source]
- The iceberg has melted even more. More of the castle and town is revealed. In the tower, in the room under the library, there is a rock that appears to be a piece of the Meteor. There's also a greyed out picture of the tomato head in the same room.
- The altar where the Infinity Blade used to be has been replaced with a block of ice.
- There is a tunnel in the back of the peak, which is covered up by snow.
7.10 Content Update (December 30th)[edit | edit source]
- The tunnel in the back of the iceberg has melted, revealing a entrance to a lower level of the castle. The tunnel contains some cages, an iron maiden and mysterious ice eggs.
7.20 Patch Notes (January 15th)[edit | edit source]
- An ice sphere has appeared in the sky floating on top of the place where the Infinity Blade was located. Examining the sphere with a scoped weapon shows that The Ice King is trapped inside it.
- The iceberg has melted even more, revealing more of the dungeon and eggs under the castle.
- January 19th: The sphere above the Peak has exploded and The Ice King casted a snowstorm across the map.
7.20 Content Update (January 22nd)[edit | edit source]
- The iceberg has melted a bit more, revealing some more of the dungeon under the castle.
- January 28th: The piece of ice in the castle dungeon is melting and has revealed a chained pedestal - an arm is sticking out of the ice.
7.30 Patch Notes (January 29th)[edit | edit source]
- The ice in the dungeon has completely melted and the pedestal is empty - meaning The Prisoner has escaped.
- The chunk of ice that covers the Infinity Blade altar seems to be slowly melting, potentially hinting at it's return.
7.40 Patch Notes (February 14th)[edit | edit source]
- The ice eggs in the dungeon are now gone.
Season 8[edit | edit source]
8.51 Patch Notes[edit | edit source]
- A large volcanic rock has hit Polar Peak during The Unvaulting Event and the iceberg now has a large crack at the front side of the iceberg.
Season 9[edit | edit source]
9.10 Patch Notes (May 23rd)
- Polar Peak has cracked even more, and mysterious noises are coming from the iceberg. It seems as if something is trying to escape. It cracks more every 30 seconds and launches air out. Ice falls and it shakes. It can also knock you off, so becareful
- May 28th: An eye has appeared inside of the iceberg. If you get close to it, its pupil will enlarge and it will stare at you.
9.20 Patch Notes (June 6th)
- Polar Peak's castle has collapsed to the ground and the eye has disappeared. There seems to be footprints around the frozen Greasy Grove, leading towards Snobby Shores. Some of the buildings outside the castle have been destroyed or wrecked. The iceberg has collapsed at the front. Some of the building and furniture pieces are at the front ground of the iceberg, south of the frozen Greasy Grove.
9.20 (June 9th)
- The monster that used to be trapped inside Polar Peak has been allegedly sighted in the waters south of the island with Polar Peak's main castle coming out of the water and re-submerging shortly after.
9.21 (June 12th)
The monster in Polar Peak has destroyed the final standing house in Snobby Shores.
June 15th: The monster in Polar Peak also destroyed one of the modern houses in Pleasant Park.