Polar Peak was a named Point Of Interest in Battle Royale added in Season 7, located inside the coordinates C7, C8, D7 and D8, located behind Greasy Grove, northeast of Frosty Flights northwest of Happy Hamlet and southwest of Shifty Shafts. Before v9.20, it was a large iceberg with a castle at the top and a little village surrounding it. The main tower was on the iceberg while two smaller towers were lower down on the iceberg creating a wall. Around the peak, there were smaller towers and campsites. There were zip lines leading to and from the iceberg. It was located northwest of Happy Hamlet, south-west of Shifty Shafts, northeast of Frosty Flights and behind Greasy Grove, which the iceberg had frozen over. Polar Peak had 17 Chests in the original version, but only 6 Chests after the castle got removed and the mountain was destroyed.
During the May 4th The Unvaulting Event, the Volcano erupted a large volcanic rock that cracked Polar Peak severely. Early on in Season 9, the iceberg was cracking even more and occasionally rumbled with ice dust coming off it. A little later, an eye could be seen inside the iceberg which looked at players and made strange noises.
After v9.20, the iceberg collapsed and the main castle crumbled down into pieces. Some of the buildings surrounding it also fell down and the former infinity blade altar disappeared. The eye previously seen inside also vanished, and some footprints appeared near the iceberg.
On June 9th, Polar Peak's castle was occasionally sighted in the water south of the island, being carried by the monster. The monster would come out of the water and re-submerge shortly after.
- 1 Points and Sublocations
- 2 Map Changes
- 3 Trivia
Points and Sublocations[edit | edit source]
* Click on the map to view geographic sub-locations.
For more details on houses and buildings, visit Polar Peak/Buildings
Other Loot Spots[edit | edit source]
Props[edit | edit source]
- Infinity Blade Altar covered in ice
- Large Columns
- Dragon eggs
- Torch with blue flame
- Ice King's throne
- Authentic bookcase
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
V6.30[edit | edit source]
- November 19th: The iceberg appears, with the lights of the castle on. It proceeds to the island slowly.
V7.00[edit | edit source]
- Polar Peak was added to the map after colliding with the island.
V7.01[edit | edit source]
- The snow on the peak has melted a bit and has revealed more of the tower and the fortress which surrounds it.
- The Infinity Blade altar can be found there.
- December 14th: The Infinity Blade is now gone from the altar. The snow has melted further, revealing more of the castle.
V7.10[edit | edit source]
- The iceberg has melted even more. More of the castle and town is revealed. In the tower, in the room under the library, there is a rock that appears to be a piece of the Meteor. There's also a greyed out picture of the tomato head in the same room.
- The altar where the Infinity Blade used to be has been replaced with a block of ice.
- There is a tunnel in the back of the peak, which is covered up by snow.
- January 1st: The tunnel in the back of the iceberg has melted, revealing a entrance to a lower level of the castle. The tunnel contains some cages, an iron maiden and mysterious ice eggs.
V7.20[edit | edit source]
- An ice sphere has appeared in the sky floating on top of the place where the Infinity Blade was located. Examining the sphere with a scoped weapon shows that The Ice King is trapped inside it.
- The iceberg has melted even more, revealing more of the dungeon and eggs under the castle.
- January 19th: The sphere above the Peak has exploded and The Ice King casted a snowstorm across the map.
- January 22nd: The iceberg has melted a bit more, revealing some more of the dungeon under the castle.
- January 28th: The piece of ice in the castle dungeon is melting and has revealed a chained pedestal - an arm is sticking out of the ice.
V7.30[edit | edit source]
- The ice in the dungeon has completely melted and the pedestal is empty - meaning The Prisoner has escaped.
- The chunk of ice that covers the Infinity Blade altar seems to be slowly melting, potentially hinting at it's return.
V7.40[edit | edit source]
- The ice eggs in the dungeon are now gone.
V8.30[edit | edit source]
- A Reboot Van was added to Polar Peak.
- May 4th: A large volcanic rock has hit Polar Peak during The Unvaulting Event and the iceberg now has a large crack at the front side of the iceberg.
V9.01[edit | edit source]
- The cracks in Polar Peak are spreading all throughout the iceberg.
V9.10[edit | edit source]
- Polar Peak has cracked even more, and mysterious noises are coming from the iceberg. It seems as if something is trying to escape. It cracked more every 30 seconds and launches air out. Ice falls and it shakes. It could of also knock you off, so you had to be careful.
- May 28th: An eye has appeared inside of the iceberg. If you get close to it, its pupil will enlarge and it will stare at you.
V9.20[edit | edit source]
- Polar Peak's castle has collapsed to the ground and the eye has disappeared. There seems to be footprints around the frozen Greasy Grove, leading towards Snobby Shores. Some of the buildings outside the castle have been destroyed or wrecked. The iceberg has collapsed at the front. Some of the building and furniture pieces are at the front ground of the iceberg, next to Greasy Grove.
- The Castle from Polar Peak that was on top of Cattus was obliterated by missiles in the event.
- One of the mini little castles south from Polar Peak now has a couple of toilets and pipes on it, these are the same ones from Flush Factory.
- October 13th: Polar Peak was sucked into a black hole.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Polar Peak actually crushed most of Flush Factory and also part of the Warehouses when colliding with the island.
- Polar Peak has been involved in two live events, which were the Ice Storm and Unvaulting Events. Despite this, neither event led to major changes for the POI.