|Playground is a low-pressure environment where friends can let their creativity run wild. Build massive structures. Practice with the weapons and items. Fight against your friends. Have fun!|
|Genre||Battle Royale LTM|
|Release||June 27, 2018|
|Last Featured||Patch 5.10|
Playground is a mode in Battle Royale where a maximum of 4 players drop in their own private island filled with loot and are given free reign to do whatever they'd like for an hour. After being teased, the LTM was released to a greatly anticipating playerbase on June 27, 2018 in Patch 4.5. However, because each squad gets their own match in Playground, Battle Royale's matchmaking servers were required to host 25 to 100 times more servers than normal. This caused the matchmaking service to fail, and Playground was removed from the game so that normal matchmaking services could continue. Playground was reinstated on July 2, 2018 following a re-organization of server resources.
In Patch 6.01, Custom Options were added to Playground, allowing players to change in-game settings such as starting health, time of day, gravity, and more.
LTM Rules and Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Switch teams to your liking.
- Players respawn on death unless they died in the storm.
Storm and Map[edit | edit source]
- You have one hour to create, play and fight as you wish.
- Drop into the Battle Royale map with a squad of friends for an hour.
- The Storm doesn't start closing in for 55m, and takes 5 minutes to close in.
- The Storm always closes in on the exact center of the map.
Loot[edit | edit source]
- Harvesting Resources gives 10x the normal Materials.
- 100 Supply Drops will be gradually spawned throughout the match.
- 100 Supply Llamas will be spawned on the map.
- Chests & Ammo Boxes spawn 100% of the time.
- Red Supply Drops are dropped around the map which hold an exclusive item, the Spiky Stadium, along with a ton of Impulse Grenades.
Custom Game Options[edit | edit source]
- Shields - Full Shields | Half Shields | Empty Shields
- Health - Full Health| 1 Health
- Drop Items When Eliminated - On/Off
- Fall Damage - On/Off
- Gravity - Normal | Low | Very Low
- Time of Day - Day Cycle | Day | Night
- Player Names & Location - Always Show | Team Only | Always Hide