|Playground is a low-pressure environment where friends can let their creativity run wild. Build massive structures. Practice with the weapons and items. Fight against your friends. Have fun!|
|Genre||Battle Royale Mode|
|Release||June 27, 2018|
|Last Featured||Patch 8.10|
Playground is a mode in Battle Royale where a maximum of 4 players drop in their own private island filled with loot and are given free reign to do whatever they'd like for an hour. After being teased, the LTM was released to a greatly anticipating playerbase on June 27, 2018 in Patch 4.5. However, because each squad gets their own match in Playground, Battle Royale's matchmaking servers were required to host 25 to 100 times more servers than normal. This caused the matchmaking service to fail, and Playground was removed from the game so that normal matchmaking services could continue. Playground was reinstated on July 2, 2018 following a re-organization of server resources.
In Patch 6.01, Custom Options were added to Playground, allowing players to change in-game settings such as starting health, time of day, gravity, and more.
Rules and Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Switch teams according to player's preference.
- Players respawn on death unless they died in the storm.
Storm and Map[edit | edit source]
- Four hours to create, play and fight.
- Drop into the Battle Royale map with a squad of friends for an hour.
- The Storm does not start closing in for 235m, and takes 5 minutes to close in.
- The Storm always closes in instantaneously after 4h.
- The Storm always deals 2 damage per second.
Loot[edit | edit source]
Custom Game Options[edit | edit source]
- Shields - Empty Shields | Half Shields | Full Shields
- Health - Full Health | 1 Health | Half Health
- Drop Items When Eliminated - On | Off
- Fall Damage - On | Off
- Gravity - Normal | Low | Very Low
- Time of Day - Day Cycle | Day | Night
- Player Names & Location - Always Show | Always Hide | Team Only