Playground is a low-pressure environment where friends can let their creativity run wild. Build massive structures. Practice with the weapons and items. Fight against your friends. Have fun!|
Battle Royale Mode|
June 27, 2018|
Playground was a mode in Battle Royale where a maximum of 16 players drop in their own private island filled with loot and are given free reign to do whatever they'd like for an hour. After being teased, the LTM was released to a greatly anticipating playerbase on June 27, 2018 in Patch 4.5. However, because each party of up to 16 players gets their own match in Playground, Battle Royale's matchmaking servers were required to host 25 to 100 times more servers than normal. This caused the matchmaking service to fail, and Playground was removed from the game so that normal matchmaking services could continue. Playground was reinstated on July 2, 2018 following a re-organization of server resources.
In Patch 6.01, Custom Options were added to Playground, allowing players to change in-game settings such as starting health, time of day, gravity, and more. This also included a whole new exclusive POI where you could get exclusive items from vending machines. You could also do Games and challenges in this POI.
In Patch 11.31, Playground got removed from the game, since the Battle Royale map is accessible through Creative and the Battle Lab.
- Switch teams according to player's preference.
- Players respawn on death unless they died in the storm.
- Four hours to create, play and fight.
- Drop into the Battle Royale map with a squad of friends for an hour.
- The Storm does not start closing in for 235m, and takes 5 minutes to close in.
- The Storm always closes in instantaneously after 4h.
- The Storm always deals 2 damage per second.
- Shields - Empty Shields | Half Shields | Full Shields
- Health - Full Health | 1 Health | Half Health
- Drop Items When Eliminated - On | Off
- Fall Damage - On | Off
- Gravity - Normal | Low | Very Low
- Time of Day - Day Cycle | Day | Night
- Player Names & Location - Always Show | Always Hide | Team Only
6.30 Patch Notes (November 14, 2018
- Bug Fixes
- Port-a-Challenges no longer spawn below terrain.
6.20 Patch Notes (October 24, 2018
- New Port-A grenades are now available in Vending Machines at the southern edge of Loot Lake. The Port-A-Challenge set includes the Building Challenge, Obstacle Course, and Firing Range minigames. There’s four of each type with varying difficulty.
- The Spiky Stadium makes a return with a brand new respawn system and Vending Machines to provide all the necessary grenades. Finally, there’s the Port-A-Pirateship mini-game. This grenade spawns a re-creation of the minigame shown off by SXVXN!
- Collect the tokens and avoid the obstacles while honing your building skills.
- Build the structure as fast as possible.
- Take out as many dummies as you can within the time limit.
- Once inside the new Spiky Stadium, players will respawn at designated spawn points inside the playspace.
- Vending machines provide grenades and Traps to allow you to customize your play.
- A re-creation of the minigame shown off by SXVXN.
- Spawns two large wooden Pirate ships.
- The minigame will split players into two teams, with the goal of destroying the other team’s ship.
- Port-A-Pirateship Ironclad Edition
- Spawns two large metal Pirate ships.
- Grenades and Rockets are provided for maximum destruction
- New Vending Machines have been added across the map to provide more Traps and weapons.
- A new respawn button has been added to the in-game player menu.
6.01 Patch Notes (October 3, 2018
- Limited Time Mode: Playground
- Playground Custom Options
- Added more options to Playground. Allowing you to change settings such as starting health, time of day, gravity, and more!
6.00 Patch Notes (September 27, 2018
- Weapons + Items
- Vaulted Impulse Grenade, Suppressed Submachine Gun, Light Machine Gun, Bouncer, and Remote Explosives.
5.41 Patch Notes (September 18, 2018
- Limited Time Item: Spiky Stadium
- Present in Playground only, found in red Supply Drops (along with a ton of impulse grenades).
- Builds a 7x11 sized stadium full of Damage Traps and Bouncers.
Promotional Image for the Playground LTM
Promotional Image for the Updated Playground LTM
Playground was removed in Chapter 2 Season 1[edit | edit source]