|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
|Last Adjustment||Patch 11.0|
The Pistol is a pistol in Battle Royale. It is available in , , , , and variants.
All of the Pistol's variants can be found from Floor Loot. The- variants can be found from chests. The variant can be found from fishing and it's and variants can be found from Supply Drops, Rare Chests and Fishing.
The Patch 12.10. Nothing else was changed., and Pistol received a new equip, fire, pickup and drop sounds in
This weapon was introduced with the name "Semi-Auto Handgun", and was later renamed to Pistol.
The Pistol is your starting weapon in the Spy Games LTMs.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Textures[edit | edit source]
, and Texture[edit | edit source]
After Chapter 2 Season 1:
and Texture:[edit | edit source]
Availability[edit | edit source]
Pistols only appear as floor loot. This means that it is pretty hard to find one in a normal game
Pistol has a chance to appear among same weapon class in the following circumstances:
|Class||Chest Loot||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Supply Llama|
Pistol has a chance to appear among all weapons in the following circumstances:
|Rarity||Chest Loot||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Supply Llama|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Remember that the trigger must be un-pressed and re-pressed to fire each shot. Simply holding down will not work.
- The Pistol is typically a starting weapon. It has overall bad stats compared to weapons that can be found from where it can be found, and the and should be swapped out as soon as possible.
- The Pistol takes five shots to take out a non-shielded opponent, while all other variants take 4 shots. It is a good weapon to use in combination with a Shotgun on early game.
- Despite its stats suggesting otherwise, it is perfectly viable as a tool to take out materials quickly with its fast fire rate.
- The Pistol suffers from damage and accuracy heavily at range, and unlike its upgrade, the Suppressed Pistol, it is loud and will notify everyone to your location when you fire it. Due to this, it does not make for a very good ranged weapon.
- The Suppressed Pistol. If you are willing to lose the suppressor, it can be used as an alternative to the now vaulted Suppressed Pistol. Pistol in fact does enough damage to take out an enemy in four shots, just like the
- If aiming down sights, the Pistol is still very able to be a deadly weapon at close range and the start of the game when nobody has shields to survive its shots.
- The Suppressed Submachine Gun does slighty lower damage, but fires faster, is more accurate, and is suppressed. The only thing it does worse is damage at a distance, but an assault rifle should be used for that. It is wise to consider any rarity of Suppressed Submachine Gun a direct upgrade over the and Pistols.
- The Compact SMG (which has been Vaulted), while doing less damage, being less accurate, and not suppressed, takes the same amount of bullets to eliminate someone as a Pistol does, fires faster than the Suppressed Submachine Gun, and has a large magazine. If found, in a mode where it is available, it should be considered a direct upgrade over the and Pistol.
- The Pistol takes one less shot to eliminate an enemy than a Surpressed Submachine Gun or Compact SMG. If you are willing to lose the fire rate and accuracy of a submachine gun for the elevated damage of the Pistol, it is worth keeping.
- Despite being the least desired weapon in the game, it deals more damage than the Drum Gun that uses Medium Bullets.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Pistol bears a strong resemblance to the Beretta M9, and also bears some resemblance to the M1911, a real-life semi-automatic pistol. Additionally, the Epic and Legendary versions resemble an STI Combat Master 2011.
- The lower rarities of the Pistol used the same model as the Semi-Auto Handgun in Save the World before Chapter 2.
- Also, before the initial release of Battle Royale, the Pistol was called the "Semi-Auto Handgun".
- The reason why the Pistol is the one of the worst guns is because it has significant damage drop-off, it don't fire automatically, has a hard recoil and a low DPS compared to other weapons that have around 7 fire rate. However, The
and variants are much better, with more accuracy, less recoil, and maybe even less extreme damage dropoff, it can compare to a Assault Rifle since they have a faster firerate, reloading and similar damage.
- If it compared to Tactical Assault Rifle, which has around same DPS like Pistol, the Tactical Assault Rifle has a much higher magazine and range compared to the Pistol.
- This is the second pistol to be available in all five rarities.
- This is one of the four weapons to never have been totally vaulted once (other than the Assault Rifle, Tactical Shotgun, and Rocket Launcher. variant), the others being the