Ocean (Battle Royale)
The Ocean is the body of water surrounding the Island in Battle Royale. Before Chapter 2 Season 1, The ocean instantly killed any player that touched it, and destroyed any items dropped into it. In Chapter 2, swimming was an added feature, thus making the ocean swimmable as a form of mobility.
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Season 1[edit | edit source]
- The Ocean is added as part of the Battle Royale Map.
Season 6[edit | edit source]
- 6.30 Patch Notes: A snow cloud can be seen heading towards the island in the ocean.
- 6.31 Patch Notes: The snow cloud turns out to be an iceberg with a castle at the top.
Season 9[edit | edit source]
- 9.20 Patch Notes: The chunk of ice carrying the Polar Peak castle can been sometimes seen bobbing in the ocean. It is being carried by a monster.
- 9.30 Patch Notes: The monster in the ocean can be seen much more frequently.
Season 10[edit | edit source]
- October 13: The Ocean was sucked into a Black Hole.
Chapter 2 Season 1[edit | edit source]
- The ocean is now swimmable.