|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
The Minigun is an Assault weapon in Battle Royale, formerly classified as either an Explosive weapon or a Minigun. It is available in , and variants. It uses Light Bullets and has a headshot multiplier of x1.5. The Minigun takes a moment to power up but fires 72 bullets very quickly that accumulate damage on your opponents fast for 6 seconds once it gets started.
The Minigun has never had an actual weapon classification until season 6 when the weapon was exclusively classified as "Minigun". During Patch 9.20 it has been classified as an Assault Rifle.
When the Minigun was first introduced though, it was classified as an Explosive Weapon.
The Minigun got vaulted in Patch 11.00. On Patch 12.00, the Minigun was unvaulted but can be obtained from eliminating Henchmen. It most likely have replaced the and SMG as it's fire rates, DPS and damage are the same; thus the only improvement from them would be their unlimited magazine size.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Availability[edit | edit source]
Minigun has a chance to appear among same weapon class in the following circumstances:
|Class||Chest Loot||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Supply Llama|
Minigun has a chance to appear among all weapons in the following circumstances:
|Rarity||Chest Loot||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Supply Llama|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- The Minigun can be a great choice for dealing with a target at close/medium ranges, but the time required to start the weapon may be a drawback when the target has a gun that can shoot immediately.
- The Minigun does not need to reload, as all the ammo feeds the gun directly, but be aware of how long you use it since the Minigun will overheat after six seconds of use.
- Having a high fire rate and being able to sustain it for a long time, it is perfect to destroy structures quickly, as well as for suppressive fire for your teammates.
- Even though it has an infinite clip size, in Patch 7.20, they added an overheat feature where technically the clip size is 72 and requires a 5-second cooldown. Originally it displayed the bar, but no longer does.
- Being at least three building squares away from someone using a Minigun drastically reduces the chance of the Minigun's wildly inaccurate shots hitting.
- If the player can sneak up behind someone and position themselves right next to them, the Minigun can melt them almost instantly once it is spun up.
- The Minigun comes with 90 Light Bullets. Even if you do not plan on using the Minigun, make sure to pick up the Light Bullets.
- Always pay attention to your Light Bullet count, as the Minigun directly drains your supply quickly.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Minigun is featured in Save the World, although not as a weapon, but as an Ability: upon activating the Goin' Commando!!! ability, the Soldier whips out a Minigun that lasts for a limited time and produces a large DPS burst.
- The Minigun seems to be inspired by the Predator's movie M134 Minigun, a rotary machine gun that features Gatling-style rotating barrels and a lower handguard. The Battle Royale Minigun is obviously a work of fantasy, as the weapon is just a box-like object that unfolds when equipped, revealing the main body, the front grip, the side plates, and the barrels. It is better seen in a match replay.
- Before the cooldown was added, the weapon was overpowered as you could no matter what spray people as long as you had Light Bullets.
- The text on the side, "HUSK A LA VISTA!", is a reference to The Terminator's famous quote, "Hasta la vista, baby!" or Spanish words literally translated to "Husk insight", with the first word combined with the word "Husk", a type of monster in Save the World.
- The Minigun is the only weapon to drop with a different amount of ammunition to the normal drop quantity, with the Minigun dropping with 90 Light Bullets as opposed to the standard amount of 18.
- The maximum bullets fired before the overheat is 72.
- The Minigun has the third-fastest fire rate of any weapon only to be beaten by the Tactical SMG and the TEC-9 Submachine Gun.
- The Minigun has the largest magazine size of any weapon. However it only fires 72 bullets before overheating, so technically the second-largest beaten by the LMG.
- The Minigun deals a fairly low, but balanced damage.
- The Minigun is the 2nd tied fastest and 2nd tied most deadly weapon currently in Battle Royale in factors of DPS, being exceeded only by the Tactical SMG. This weapon has a maximum DPS of 240 or 252 (depending on rarity), meaning getting your hands on at least an Minigun is very powerful. The other Guns are the and SMG.
- This weapon, the Tactical SMG, and the LMG are closely related in terms of destroying structures very fast.
References[edit | edit source]
- Minigun will fire until Light Ammo runs out.
- Minigun will overheat, so technically that max you can shoot until overheat is 60.
- Minigun's stats say that the magazine size is zero, but doesn't actually have zero rounds in the clip.