|All that glitters is yours.|
|Source||Battle Pass Chapter 2 Season 2|
|Release Date (UTC-)||
Feb 20, 2020
The in-game store updates at 00:00 UTC daily, which means that the eastern and western halves of the world are on different dates when the shop updates. This UTC- date applies to North and South America and French Polynesia.
Date incorrect? Please
|Release Date (UTC+)||
Feb 21, 2020
The in-game store updates at 00:00 UTC daily, which means that the eastern and western halves of the world are on different dates when the shop updates. This UTC+ date applies to Europe, Africa, Asia, and Oceania/Australia.
Date incorrect? Please
Midas is a Outfit in Battle Royale that can be obtained as a reward from Level 100 of Battle Pass Chapter 2 Season 2. Midas has three additonal styles: Ghost, Shadow, and Golden Agent. The Ghost and Shadow styles can be obtained in Midas' mission Challenges, Which were live until June 17, 2020. However, when one style is obtained, the other style is permanently unavailable. The Golden Agent style is an Enlightened style, meaning it changes overtime. The style is obtained with the outfit at Level 100. the style starts at default Midas, but slowly progresses and becomes fully golden at Level 140.
When using Midas, all guns and vehicles used by the player will have a gold texture applied for the rest of the match. All players in the match can see this.
Midas is a key character around the event 'The Device' where he uses the Doomsday Device.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Chapter 2, Season 1[edit | edit source]
- At the tail end of the season, furniture in Eye Land slowly turned to gold. This is most likely Midas' doing, preparing to take over the little island.
Chapter 2, Season 2[edit | edit source]
- At the start of the season, Midas took over Eye Land and formed The Agency, the headquarters of GHOST.
- At around halfway during the season, Midas began creating a device. It's intentions were unknown. Later throughout the season, it was given the internal name DoomsdayDevice.
- Midas began powering the device through tubes which would connect to the device. You could see them in the lobby, Battle Pass screen, and in his room.
- On June 15th, Midas used the device to break the storm, removing it altogether. However, his plans failed and created a massive tsunami in the storm's place, which ultimately led to the map changes that occured in Chapter 2 Season 3.
Chapter 2, Season 3[edit | edit source]
- At the start of the Season 3 cinematic trailer, Midas is seen stranded on a floating wood floor piece in the water.
- Midas is then ran over by a shark, destroying his piece of wood. Ironically, Meowscles was riding the shark. His whereabouts are unknown.
Selectable Styles[edit | edit source]
Battle Pass Chapter 2 Season 2 |
Reach Level 100
Midas' Mission |
Deliver Legendary weapons to GHOST Dropboxes (2)
Midas' Mission |
Deliver Legendary weapons to SHADOW Dropboxes (2)
|Reach Level 100|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Midas' name and Golden Touch originate from the King Midas from Greek mythology.
- Midas was the leader of the GHOST organization. After the Device live event, he has become a new member (and possibly the new leader) of SHADOW.
- Midas could've been working for SHADOW while pretending to be a GHOST agent, explaining his change of faction.
- Midas can be found in The Agency as a Boss NPC. When eliminated by a player, he drops his Drum Gun.
- When appearing as a henchman boss, he is voiced by Matthew Mercer.
- Midas is confirmed to be a reactive outfit because of his Golden Touch, which turns any weapons, items or vehicles he touches into gold for the rest of the match, overriding and ignoring other players' Wraps.
- In the Chapter 2 Season 3 cinematic trailer, Midas is attacked by a shark. It is unknown on whether he survived.
Gallery[edit | edit source]