The map is one of the most important parts of the game interface, as it can alert players to dangers and loot near them. A minimap is visible in the top right of the screen, and a larger version may be viewed by pressing M or tab on PC or the up arrow on PlayStation and Xbox.
Map Indicators[edit | edit source]
Main Objective Markers[edit | edit source]
In most Missions, there is a single objective to defend, marked by a white circle with a exclamation point. In Destroy the Encampments, the objective marker marks the active Encampment and moves as you destroy encampments. In Build the Radar Grid, there are multiple objectives active at the same time, and they are marked with a smaller blue circle with an exclamation point.
Side Objective Markers[edit | edit source]
Along with the main objective, there are many other side objectives that players can complete which are also marked on the map:
- A BluGlo Siphon is marked with a blue hammer and saw.
- An Encampment is marked with a blue encampment icon.
- A Radar Tower blueprint is marked by a blue rectangle with a radar dish.
- A Survivor is marked by a light blue person icon (half oval with a circle on top).
- Lost Medkits for certain Survivors are marked with a blue magnifying glass and a blue circle.
- Survivor Shelters and Survivor Relays are marked with a blue diamond with an exclamation mark.
Quests[edit | edit source]
- Quest Items are marked by a yellow exclamation point that varies in size depending on the quest.
- Quest Items without a specified location but a search are are marked with a yellow circle.
Fragment Markers[edit | edit source]
- Fragments, used by Outlanders as ammunition for their abilities, are marked with a small blue or purple diamond that pulses after being activated.
Monster Markers[edit | edit source]
- A Monster is marked with a tiny red dot.
Loot Markers[edit | edit source]
- Materials are marked with a white tiny white dot.
- Weapons are marked with their symbol, in white.
- BluGlo is marked with a light blue image of BluGlo.
Storm Info[edit | edit source]
- The Storm is marked with purple clouds, or a white cloud on the edge of your minimap it the direction it is in.
BluGlo Pylons[edit | edit source]
- A Difficulty Increase Pylon is marked with a white up arrow with a skull.
- A Building Speed Pylon is marked with a white hammer and saw.
- A Movement Speed Pylon is marked with a white foot with dust coming up behind it.
- A Health Increase Pylon is marked with a white plus.
- A Shield Increase Pylon is marked with a white shield.
- A Stamina Increase Pylon is marked with a with a white battery.
Storm Shield[edit | edit source]
- The Storm Shield is marked with a green triangle with a crack/lightning bolt in the top.
- A Storm Shield Amplifier is marked with a yellow castle tower icon.
Battle Royale Map[edit | edit source]