Loot Lake (briefly known as Leaky Lake) is an area on the Battle Royale map located at central north coordinates D4, E4-E5, southeast of Pleasant Park, north of Neo Tilted, north-west of Dusty Divot, south of The Block south-west of Lazy Lagoon, and east of Snobby Shores. Loot Lake is arguably the most changed location in the Fortnite map, being changed in Season 5, Season 6,Season 7, Season 8, and Season 9—all in in completely different states.
Prior to Season 6, Loot Lake was a lake that was surrounded by boats, a house in the middle and factories at the shore. At the very end of Season 5, the CUBE had melted into Loot Lake, causing the lake to have the properties as did the CUBE—bouncy, When Season 6 released, the middle island rose out of the ground, the CUBE attached to the bottom. However, when the floating island started to move, the location was named Leaky Lake. This floating island, after taking a journey lasting around a month, it returned back to Leaky Lake. In a few days, the CUBE exploded the floating island to kick off Fortnitemares. With its job done, the CUBE began to crack and disintegrate into the vortex beneath. When the CUBE had released all of its substances into the vortex, the CUBE exploded, and the Butterfly event started. After the Butterfly event, Loot Lake had changed immensely. There were more islands in the lake, and there were shards of the CUBE.
Loot Lake had remained dormant until Patch 8.40, in which the government had set up a lab around a giant metal plate that they had discovered. Runic symbols began to appear around this bunker - the CUBE fragments also disappeared.
The metal plate turns out to be the Vault where all of the vaulted weapons are located.
- 1 Points and Sublocations
- 2 Map Changes
Points and Sublocations[edit | edit source]
* Click on the map to view geographic sub-locations.
South Factory[edit | edit source]
North Factory[edit | edit source]
Modern House[edit | edit source]
Boat House[edit | edit source]
Watchtower[edit | edit source]
Campsite[edit | edit source]
Island with Tent[edit | edit source]
South Government Watchtower[edit | edit source]
North Government Watchtower[edit | edit source]
Government Watchtower Near Factories[edit | edit source]
Government Building[edit | edit source]
Government Lab[edit | edit source]
Battle Pass Challenges[edit | edit source]
Loot Lake have became a part of the following Battle Pass Challenges.
- Season 5 Week 2 Challenges - Search 7 Chests in Loot Lake.
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Season 1[edit | edit source]
- Loot Lake was added to the map.
Season 4[edit | edit source]
- An unbreakable chunk of the comet that landed in Dusty Divot has appeared at the east side of the lake.
- Week 5: A dancing platform and disco ball have been added inside the northern warehouse.
Season 5[edit | edit source]
- Dance platforms and the disco ball in the warehouse were removed.
- Map v5.41 (September 19th): The CUBE has reached the waters of the Loot Lake and dissolved. Loot Lake turned purple and became bouncy, similar to the effect and the appearance of the CUBE.
Season 6[edit | edit source]
- The island in the middle of the lake rises up and starts floating over it, creating a big maelstorm at its former location. The CUBE appears at the bottom of the newly-created floating island. The color of the lake changes back to blue and it's surface loses its bounciness.
- Loot Lake no longer appears named in the in-game map.
- Later on in the season, the unnamed area (formerly Loot Lake) was renamed to Leaky Lake.
Season 7[edit | edit source]
- Leaky Lake has been renamed back to Loot Lake.
- December 18: The pieces of the CUBE have fallen over.
- December 24: Loot Lake became an unnamed POI on playground.
- Loot Lake became a named POI on playground after the removal of Challenge Games.
Season 8[edit | edit source]
- Some of the CUBE's pieces have completely fallen over.
- April 5th: Excavators have begun working on a dig site by Loot Lake. The logos on the excavators show that they belong to the same organization that constructed the Dusty Divot research facility in Season 4.
- April 7th: An unbreakable metal structure was found at the bottom of the excavation site.
- April 15th: Excavators have moved closer to the center of Loot Lake.
- April 17th: The central part of the lake has been dried, and several watchtowers and research facilities had been constructed around it by the organization. The excavators have revealed what appears to be an indestructible metal hatch in the middle of the lake. Many trucks and cars belonging to the organization as well as a few police cars have appeared near the lake. The CUBE fragments had vanished.
- April 18th: A yellow runic symbol had appeared at one of the plates attached to the metal hatch.
- April 21th: A orange runic symbol has appeared at one of the plates on the metal hatch
- May 3rd: A countdown timer has appeared in the sky hovering above the metal hatch
- May 4th: The Unvaulting Event took place, which had the Drum Gun unvaulted, followed by the Volcano erupting, destroying Tilted Towers, half of Retail Row, and putting a crack in Polar Peak.
Season 9[edit | edit source]
- A power source coming out of Loot Lake from the vault is the source of all of Neo Tilted's energy. The lake is also starting to overgrow.
- The docks have been upgraded by the government.
- Polar Peak has attacked Loot Lake's government watchtower areas as well as the Factories nearby. A footprint has been left in the tarmac and the wire connecting to Neo Tilted has been slightly damaged.
- A Snow Cones truck can be found at the north west corner of Loot Lake.
- July 2nd: A duck seems to be coming to Loot Lake.
- July 7th: The duck climbs the river, almost in the Loot Lake part.
- July 8th: The duck is now in Loot Lake.