Loot Lake (Known during Season 6 as Leaky Lake) was a named Point Of Interest in Battle Royale added in Season 1, located inside the coordinates D4, E4, E4 and E5, southeast of Pleasant Park, north of Gotham City, north-west of Dusty Depot, south of The Block south-west of Lazy Lagoon, and east of Snobby Shores.
Loot Lake is arguably the most changed location in the Fortnite map, being changed in Season 4, Season 5, Season 6, Season 7, Season 8, Season 9, and Season 10 - all in in completely different states. It is also arguably one of the most important – if not the most important location in the Chapter 1 Battle Royale storyline, being in some way involved in the live events of every single season except for Seasons 3 and 7. In Season 10, Loot Lake could spawn up to 30 Chests.
Prior to Season 5, Loot Lake was a lake that was surrounded by boats, a house in the middle and two factory buildings at the shore. At the very end of Season 5, the CUBE had melted into Loot Lake, causing the lake to have the properties as did the CUBE—bouncy.
When Season 6 released, the middle island rose out of the ground, the CUBE attached to the bottom. However, when the floating island started to move, the location was named Leaky Lake. This floating island, after taking a journey lasting around a month, it returned back to Leaky Lake. In a few days, the CUBE exploded the floating island to kick off Fortnitemares. With its job done, the CUBE began to crack and disintegrate into the vortex beneath. When the CUBE had released all of its substances into the vortex, the CUBE exploded, and the Butterfly event started. After the Butterfly event, Loot Lake had changed immensely. There were more islands in the lake, and there were shards of the CUBE.
Loot Lake had remained dormant until Patch 8.40, in which the government had set up a lab around a giant metal plate that they had discovered. Runic symbols began to appear around this bunker - the CUBE fragments also disappeared.
The metal plate turns out to be the Vault where all of the vaulted weapons were located. However, in The Final Showdown Event, the Mecha smashed open the Vault and used the Nexus's power to defeat the Cattus.
At the start of Season 10, the floating orb finally exploded. This caused time to stop around the lake, making a anti-gravity zone with floating objects and the frozen explosion at the center. It also caused Dusty Depot and The OG Factories to return. Throughout the season, it also caused rift zones with special abilities to apear all throughout the map.
At the end of Season 10, during The End Event, The Rocket created a rift above Loot Lake, with lasers pointing down at The Zero Point. The Rocket blasted down and hit the anti-gravity zone, causing a huge shockwave. The Rift above Loot Lake opened again, and the 6 other Rockets flew down slowly with the Meteor, with it crashing into the anti-gravity zone, getting sucked into The Zero Point and exploding. The entire game was sucked in, and so was Loot Lake.
- 1 Points and Sublocations
- 2 Map Changes
- 2.1 Season 1
- 2.2 Season 2
- 2.3 Season 3
- 2.4 Season 4
- 2.5 Season 5
- 2.6 Season 6
- 2.7 Season 7
- 2.8 Season 8
- 2.9 Season 9
- 2.10 Season X/10
- 3 Trivia
Points and Sublocations[edit | edit source]
* Click on the map to view geographic sub-locations.
Loot Lake before The Final Showdown Event
At the end of Season 6 (Leaky Lake)
At the start of Season 6 (Leaky Lake)
For more detail on houses and buildings, visit Loot Lake/Buildings
South Factory[edit | edit source]
North Factory[edit | edit source]
Modern House[edit | edit source]
This Modern House is identical to the one at Pleasant Park.
Boat House[edit | edit source]
Watchtower[edit | edit source]
Campsite[edit | edit source]
Island with Tent[edit | edit source]
South Government Watchtower[edit | edit source]
North Government Watchtower[edit | edit source]
Government Watchtower Near Factories[edit | edit source]
Government Building[edit | edit source]
Government Lab[edit | edit source]
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
- Loot Lake was added to the map.
V1.11[edit | edit source]
- A Christmas tree was added.
- The Christmas tree was removed.
V3.40[edit | edit source]
- Vending Machines were added to Loot Lake.
V4.00[edit | edit source]
- An unbreakable chunk of the comet that landed in Dusty Divot has appeared at the east side of the lake.
V4.30[edit | edit source]
- An Omega poster was added to Loot Lake.
- Week 5: A dancing platform and disco ball have been added inside the northern warehouse.
V5.00[edit | edit source]
- The Omega poster was removed.
V5.10[edit | edit source]
- Dance platforms and disco ball on the Loot Lake warehouse were removed.
V5.41[edit | edit source]
- September 19th: The CUBE has reached the waters of Loot Lake and dissolved. Loot Lake turned purple and became bouncy, similar to the effect and the appearance of the CUBE.
V6.00[edit | edit source]
- Loot Lake was renamed to Leaky Lake.
- The island in the middle of the lake rises up and starts floating over it, creating a big maelstorm at its former location. The CUBE appears at the bottom of the newly-created floating island. The color of the lake changes back to blue and it's surface loses its bounciness.
- Leaky Lake no longer appears named in the in-game map.
V7.00[edit | edit source]
- Leaky Lake has been renamed back to Loot Lake.
V7.10[edit | edit source]
- December 24th: Loot Lake became an unnamed POI on playground.
- December 25th: Loot Lake was covered in snow for Christmas Day.
- December 26th: The snow disappeared.
- Loot Lake became a named POI on playground after the removal of Challenge Games.
V7.20[edit | edit source]
- January 19th: Loot Lake was covered in snow in the aftermath of the Ice Storm Event.
V7.30[edit | edit source]
- February 1st: The snow melted from Loot Lake.
V8.20[edit | edit source]
- April 5th: Excavators have begun working on a dig site by Loot Lake. The logos on the excavators show that they belong to the same organization that constructed the Dusty Divot research facility in Season 4.
- April 7th: An unbreakable metal structure was found at the bottom of the excavation site.
V8.30[edit | edit source]
- A Reboot Van was added to Loot Lake.
- April 15th: Excavators have moved closer to the center of Loot Lake.
V8.40[edit | edit source]
- April 17th: The central part of the lake has been dried, and several watchtowers and research facilities had been constructed around it by the organization. The excavators have revealed what appears to be an indestructible metal hatch in the middle of the lake. Many trucks and cars belonging to the organization as well as a few police cars have appeared near the lake. The CUBE fragments had vanished.
- April 18th: A yellow runic symbol had appeared at one of the plates attached to the metal hatch.
- April 21st: Another ruin symbol has appeared on a plate of Loot Lake's metal door.
- The floating rune has gone inside a Loot Lake metal door hatch, and caused a light to come out of it.
- April 22nd: A new floating island with a rune symbol has appeared already floating above Loot Lake, it however cannot be damaged yet.
- April 23rd: The lasers have connected with the rune above Loot Lake, and caused it to go inside a metal door hatch. Another Rune has appeared.
V8.50[edit | edit source]
- One of the government setups in Loot Lake now has a chalkboard in it, which displays a possible theory that the hatch is a vault of some sort.
- April 26th: The rune moved from the Dance Club and to Loot Lake, where it went into one of the hatches and activated it.
- The room with the chalkboard in Loot Lake has several screens on it, one of them shows a Bouncer.
- April 28th: The 4th Rune Symbol has now appeared at Loot Lake.
- The Rune at the Tilted Towers hills teleported to Loot Lake and activated into one of the the slots from it, causing the volcano to smoke even more.
- April 30th: A new rune symbol has appeared above the final Loot Lake door hatch.
- April 31st: A room inside one of the Loot Lake government hatches seems to have a picture of a X-4 Stormwing on it.
- May 1st: Another picture has been revealed in the Loot Lake hatch, revealing a Tactical Submachine Gun.
V8.51[edit | edit source]
- A new screen has appeared in the Loot Lake chalkboard room.
- May 3rd: The final rune from the volcano teleported to Loot Lake and entered the last hatch. A new, 24 hour countdown timer has appeared above the hatch similar to Season 4 and Season 7.
- May 4th: The countdown at Loot Lake expired, the hatch has opened a portal, sending players back to the In-Between. Soon after players exited the realm, the smoke from the volcano had covered the sky and soon began to erupt. Retail Row, Polar Peak and Tilted Towers were hit by the blasts and were severely damaged.
V9.00[edit | edit source]
- A power source coming out of Loot Lake from the vault is the source of all of Neo Tilted's energy. The lake is also starting to overgrow.
- The docks have been upgraded by the government.
- There is also a Slipstream next to the factories.
V9.30[edit | edit source]
- The Monster from Polar Peak has attacked Loot Lake's government watchtower areas as well as the Factories nearby. A footprint has been left in the tarmac and the wire connecting to Neo Tilted has been slightly damaged.
- A Snow Cones truck can be found at the north west corner of Loot Lake.
- July 2nd: A duck is coming to Loot Lake.
- July 7th: The duck climbs the river, almost in the Loot Lake part.
- July 8th: The duck is now in Loot Lake.
V9.40[edit | edit source]
- July 17th: The duck is now gone.
- July 20th: While fighting The Devourer, Singularity using Mecha broke open the Vault and used the power to defeat the monster. They also destroyed a few items during the battle. After the battle, the vault is now severely damaged and a glowing orb is hovering above it.
V9.41[edit | edit source]
- July 24th: There are rift sounds coming from the glowing orb, and it has turned slightly red.
- July 25th: The floating orb above the resort has turned slightly purple and it has a blue aura around it.
- July 27th: The floating orb has got brighter, and is making strange heartbeat or clock noises. There is also more particles coming off it.
- July 29th: The floating orb has become very bright and has more particles coming out of it. There is also lot's of light coming out of it.
- July 30th: The floating orb is now pulsing and emitting lot's of very fast string-like particles. It is also extremely bright and flashing.
- A tree near the vault has also turned yellow.
- The floating orb has exploded, and an anti-gravity zone has been created at the centre of the lake. Strange noises can be heard when inside it, and there are floating objects everywhere.
- The power cable is now inactive, and shows a very dark red and black pattern that moves slowly.
- The Vault is filled with dirt.
- The Zero-Gravity zone has increased in size very slowly, and the orb seems to be more cracked.
- August 14th: A new wrecked building with floating chests in it has appeared. The inside looks like one of the government buildings from Season 8.
- On one of the islands from The Butterfly Event a cube memorial has appeared.
- The Zero Point at Loot Lake has started making strange, clock-like ticking noises.
- October 13th: During The End Event, the giant rift caused multiple rockets as well as the meteor to rain down onto The Zero Point. This ultimately caused a massive explosion and created a black hole that sucked in the entire island.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Loot Lake was the only POI to be involved in five live events. These are CUBE, The Butterfly Event, The Unvaulting Event, The Final Showdown Event, and The End Event.
- Loot Lake is one of the three locations that has been updated at least once per season. The other two are Fatal Fields and Retail Row.