Leaky Lake (temporary version of Loot Lake) was an area on the Battle Royale map located at central north coordinates D4, E4-E5, southeast of Pleasant Park, north of Tilted Towers, north-west of Dusty Divot, south-west of Lazy Links, and east of Snobby Shores. It was a lake which originally had a giant Floating Island with Loot Lake's center house at the top of it. The lake was surrounded by boats, houses and two factory buildings at the shore. Leaky Lake was renamed back to Loot Lake with the release of Season 7.
Phases[edit | edit source]
On an earlier version of the Season 6 map, v6.20, Leaky Lake was a lake with a giant maelstorm and had spawned a Floating Island with the lake's center house at the top of it. Leaky Lake had a whirlpool that outputted a tornado at the center of the lake, with some rusty cars, pipes, and rocks surrounding it. Attempting to jump into the tornado would result in the player being pushed away, allowing them to deploy their glider.
The Floating Island began to move two days to each of the Corrupted Areas after the release of Season 6. Within a few weeks it returned back to its home, and to kick off Fortnitemares, the CUBE ripped the Floating Island into three parts.
- Leaky Lake's initial appearance (Map ver. 6)
At the end of Fortnitemares 2018, which saw the destruction of the Cube and Loot Lake's original island, Leaky Lake significantly changed. The lake now contains multiple, smaller islands, with the center island containing 7 Stonehenge-shaped remains of the CUBE. The vortex that levitates players into the sky has also ceased to appear.
Upon the release of Season 7, the name was changed back to Loot Lake, which was the name from Pre-Season 1 to Season 5.
Points and Sublocations[edit | edit source]
South Factory[edit | edit source]
North Factory[edit | edit source]
Modern House[edit | edit source]
Boat House[edit | edit source]
Watchtower[edit | edit source]
Campsite[edit | edit source]
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Season 6[edit | edit source]
- Loot Lake was replaced with Leaky Lake.
Map v6.10 (October 21)[edit | edit source]
- The floating island has re-entered the airspace of the lake.
- The floating island has began to draw power from the vortex in the lake and create a portal in the sky.
- October 22: The portal in the sky has continued to grow.
Map v6.20 (October 24)[edit | edit source]
- The floating island has been blown up by the CUBE and is now in three pieces.
- The pieces of the CUBE that have been growing on the house have been scattered across the map and are summoning Cube Monsters.
- October 26: The CUBE has started to develop cracks in it.
November 3[edit | edit source]
The cube has cracked more and a strange goo fell from it into the leaky lake
- November 4th: The CUBE teleported everyone in the island into a strange subspace called The Inbetween, and the CUBE broke into pieces. The Floating Island is gone and Leaky Lake spawned one center island surrounded by multiple small islands and with the Rainbow beneath it.
Season 7[edit | edit source]
- Leaky Lake was renamed back to Loot Lake.
- Some of the CUBE's pieces have fallen over.