|Category||Battle Royale Items|
|Introduced||4.2 Content Update|
|Last Adjustment||Patch 4.3|
The Jetpack is a Limited Time Legendary Backpack Item in Battle Royale. It was introduced in the 4.2 Content Update. It is an item used in your inventory which helps you fly around in the air for a while to escape or get closer to enemies. The Jetpack has a limited supply of non-replenishable fuel, and once it depletes, it is immediately discarded and removed from the current match.
Furthermore, the Jetpack can only be used in short bursts, as prolonged use will cause it to overheat and fail, causing the player to suffer potentially deadly fall damage. Jetpack returned and made available for Close Encounters.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Availability[edit | edit source]
This is not a permanent item and is occasionally added for a limited time.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- The Jetpack, if used properly and mastered, can grant the player increased mobility. It can be used to cross gaps that cannot be reached with a simple bound, or reach higher platforms or ledges that would typically require the player to build ramps to access. The Jetpack has a limited fuel supply that cannot be replenished, but what is more of a concern is its engine temperature, that can be seen on the back of the Jetpack.
- The Jetpack can only be used in short bursts, as prolonged use will cause it to overheat and shut off, leading to a fall back to earth that can be potentially injurious or lethal. Therefore, the Jetpack is not recommended for reaching tall structures or crossing long gaps.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- After first being teased in February during Season 3, the Fortnite 'Jetpack' was eventually scrapped by Epic Games just a few days later due to a 'design flaw' that the developer needed to address.
- Epic Games revealed in a post on the official Fortnite Battle Royale Reddit page that the launch of the Jetpack was delayed.
- Jetpacks were released as a limited-time item on May 22, 2018, in the v4.2 Content Update.