|Category||Battle Royale Items|
|Introduced||4.2 Content Update|
|Last Adjustment||Patch 9.41|
The Jetpack is a Limited Time Battle Royale. It was introduced in the 4.2 Content Update. It is an item used in your inventory which helps you fly around in the air for a while to escape or get closer to enemies. The Jetpack has a limited supply of non-replenishable fuel, and once it depletes, it is immediately discarded and removed from the current match., and Backpack Item in
Furthermore, the Jetpack can only be used in short bursts, as prolonged use will cause it to overheat and fail, causing the player to suffer potentially deadly fall damage. Jetpacks returned and made available for Close Encounters. Jetpacks were later added into Creative on Patch 8.30.
Jetpacks were unvaulted and used during The Final Showdown Event, where it could never overheat (consequently giving players unlimited flight to help keep them from being caught in the crossfire of the battle), and have since been temporarily unvaulted for 3 days in all gamemodes after the event happened.
The Party Royale.variant of the Jetpack is also exclusive to
Stats[edit | edit source]
Spy Games Exclusive[edit | edit source]
|Reload Time||Reloads when not used|
Availability[edit | edit source]
This is not a permanent item but It's currently only available in the Close Encounters and Spy Games LTMs.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- The Jetpack, if used properly and mastered, can grant the player increased mobility. It can be used to cross gaps that cannot be reached with a simple bound, or reach higher platforms or ledges that would typically require the player to build ramps to access. The Jetpack has a limited fuel supply that cannot be replenished, but what is more of a concern is its engine temperature, that can be seen on the back of the Jetpack.
- The Jetpack can only be used in short bursts, as prolonged use will cause it to overheat and shut off, leading to a fall back to earth that can be potentially injurious or lethal. Therefore, the Jetpack is not recommended for reaching tall structures or crossing long gaps.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- After first being teased in February during Season 3, the Fortnite 'Jetpack' was eventually scrapped by Epic Games just a few days later due to a 'design flaw' that the developer needed to address.
- Epic Games revealed in a post on the official Fortnite Battle Royale Reddit page that the launch of the Jetpack was delayed.
- Jetpacks were released as a limited-time item on May 22, 2018, in the v4.2 Content Update.