Infinity Gauntlet (gamemode)
|Take down Thanos, equip the Gauntlet and claim Victory!|
|Genre||Battle Royale LTM|
|Release||May 8, 2018|
|Last Featured||Patch 4.1|
Infinity Gauntlet is a Limited Time Mode in Battle Royale that was added to the game in Patch 4.1. The game mode is a mashup with the Marvel Studios film Avengers: Infinity War: it features the movie's villain Thanos and his weapon the Infinity Gauntlet. During the course of this Solo game mode, an Infinity Gauntlet will fall to the map. The first to claim the Infinity Gauntlet will become Thanos and assume a new array of powerful abilities. Only Rare, Epic, and Legendary weapons spawn in this game mode in accordance with the the heightened threat posed by Thanos. Epic has stated that they have no plans to add Marvel related skins to the game in conjunction with this Mashup. 
LTM Rules and Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Take down Thanos, equip the Gauntlet and claim Victory!
Mashup Details[edit | edit source]
- Early in the match, a meteor will land in the storm safe zone, delivering the Infinity Gauntlet.
- Any player who uses the Infinity Gauntlet will transform into Thanos.
- Stats are recorded for this LTM and can be found in the Solo tab.
- If Thanos is eliminated, the Gauntlet will fall to the ground, free for the taking. If it sits unused for too long, it will disappear until another meteor appears.
- Last player standing will be the victor!
Thanos Details[edit | edit source]
- Ability 1 - A mighty punch that knocks enemies back and destroys structures.
- Ability 2 - Thanos flies towards the ground, hitting an area for knockback and damage.
- Ability 3 - Harness the energy of the Power stone to fire a blast that deals damage over time.
- Ability 4 - A super-jump that can vault Thanos over all but the largest obstructions.
- Thanos has both shields and health. When he eliminates another player, his shields regenerate. His health never regenerates.
- Thanos doesn't take fall damage.
- Thanos does not build, use weapons or things like launch pads. He has no need for such petty human devices.
Storm + Map[edit | edit source]
- Maximum match length is roughly 15 minutes.
- The match will start with the storm circle already closing in over the island.
- The storm does more damage than normal, ticking for 5% health during the first circle and 10% for the rest of the game.
Loot[edit | edit source]
- Only Rare, Epic & Legendary weapons will be spawned.
- Increased chances of Treasure Chests spawning from 50-70% to 80-90%.
- Increased chances of ammo boxes spawning from 65-80% to 85-95%.
- Floor Loot spawns nearly 100% of the time.
- Launch Pad spawn likelihood greatly increased.
- Harvesting resources doubled.
- Resources found in loot increased from 30 to 60.
- Chug Jug, Port-A-Fort, Boogie Bomb, Slurp Juice, Bush, and Remote Explosives drop rate increased.
- Regular Grenade, Shield & Bandage drop rate lowered.
Featured Weapons[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Infinity War directors Joe and Anthony Russo have stated that they are fans of Fortnite, and played it during down time while working on the film. Epic released the following statement at the release of Infinity Gauntlet:
This collaboration started as a simple phone conversation between Epic and Marvel over a mutual appreciation for Fortnite and Avengers. We worked closely over the following weeks to bring these two worlds together and landed on the Limited Time Mashup, Infinity Gauntlet. When we saw the movie last weekend, which was incredible, we were even more excited.
This is a collaborative experiment between friends from start to finish. Jump in tomorrow, play and experience Fortnite x Avengers. It’s unlike anything we’ve done before and we want to know what you think!
Background[edit | edit source]
Epic Games and Disney, owners of the Marvel franchise, have a history of cooperation-- Epic's Unreal Engine has been used in theme park rides and Star Wars movies. Additionally, Epic Games' parent company Tencent Holdings (40% share), which also has a 5% stake in Disney, has featured comic book collaborations in their games before: in 2017, Tencent acquired the rights from Time Warner to feature DC characters in their games.
These connections did not go unnoticed in the Fortnite community following the release of the superhero themed Season 4. Besides the immediately apparent analogues in the updated Battle Royale map following the crash of the Meteor, smaller details are still being found-- some have even noticed a small orange briefcase with the word "Thor" spraypainted on it.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]