Hunting Rifle is a Sniper Rifle in Battle Royale. It is available in Uncommon and Rare variants and has a head shot multiplier of 2.5x. It uses Heavy Bullets.
The Hunting Rifle has been added to the Vault on Patch 9.20, making it exclusively available in Creative, Playground, One Shot, and Sniper Shootout. It was vaulted to reduce the amount of Sniper Rifles in the game. However on 10.00 Content Update, the Hunting Rifle was unvaulted but could only be found in Tilted Town. With the removal of Tilted Town in the Batman Update, the Hunting Rifle has been added back to the vault.
- The Hunting Rifle is a good choice in medium to long ranges against targets, capable of dealing great damage. However, it requires more skill to account for the bullet drop at longer ranges.
- The non-scoped nature also gives ample vision on the environment, making it easier to look around when aiming, while providing greater zoom than most basic firearms, but not as much as scoped weapons.
- The Hunting Rifle uses the same model as the Save the World Bolt-Action Rifle, Bullseye and Deadeye.
- The Hunting Rifle is inspired by various hunting rifles from around 1850-1950, although not based on a specific rifle.
- Originally, the Hunting Rifle featured a magazine with a charging handle. However, at some point, it was changed to feature a proper bolt handle.
- The Hunting Rifle is the only Sniper Rifle without a scope.
- The Hunting Rifle was vaulted on Patch 9.20 because although Epic values the long range variety, the weapon became somewhat outclassed by the Infantry Rifle when the weapon was converted to hitscan fire. There are many other snipers that are still available in the game and Epic feels like it doesn't currently fill a necessary role in the item lineup.
- This is confusing, as the Infantry Rifle is classed as an Assault Rifle, and the Hunting Rifle is classed as a Sniper Rifle. Seeing as they are different gun categories, it doesn't seem like a good reason to vault the Hunting Rifle.
- In addition to that, Epic stated that it doesn't fit too well in the item lineup. However the Heavy Assault Rifle doesn't really fit a role in the item lineup, especially after the Infantry Rifle and Tactical Assault Rifle. The Kalashnikov Assault Rifle kind of serves as a filler between the Garands and the M16/SCAR assault rifles, which for most part is accepted by the community.
- Honestly speaking, though, the Infantry Rifle absolutely lasers people at range, so it can be said that, although are classed into two very different categories, it is a logical concession to remove the Hunting Rifle in favour of the SSRs/Garands.
|Battle Royale Content|
| Seasonal Foraged Map Objects|
) • Rifts
) • Shadow Stones
) • Ziplines
) • Volcano Vents
) • Slipstream