|This article is about the Battle Royale shotgun. For the Save The World shotgun described as a "heavy shotgun", see Backbreaker.|
|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
Heavy Shotgun is a Shotgun in Battle Royale. It is available in , and variants. It is a heavier version of the and Tactical Shotgun, dealing more damage and having increased range. It has a x2.5 Headshot Multiplier, and used Shells 'n' Slugs.
The Heavy Shotgun was vaulted on Patch 7.30 therefore making it only available in Playground and Creative. It was vaulted due to the addition of the & Pump Shotgun which was used a lot more often than the Heavy shotgun.
Currently in Creative the shotgun’s headshot is broken. If you walk up to someone and shoot it, it’ll only do bodyshot damage. If you back up the gun will do full headshot damage. (: 184, 192)
Stats[edit | edit source]
Spy Games Variant[edit | edit source]
Sound[edit | edit source]
- Heavy Shotgun Pullout
- Heavy Shotgun Shoot
- Heavy Shotgun Reload
- Heavy Shotgun Pickup
- Heavy Shotgun Drop
Texture[edit | edit source]
Availability[edit | edit source]
Chapter 1[edit | edit source]
|Rarities||Chest||Floor Loot||Supply Drop|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Although the Heavy Shotgun deals less damage than the Pump Shotgun, it compensates for this with its superior range and fire rate.
- The Heavy Shotgun is viable at longer ranges where the other Shotguns (with the exception of the Combat Shotgun) would be ineffective. This is despite having a fire rate that is slower than the Tactical Shotgun's and nearly identical body shot damage. The Heavy Shotgun's viability at longer ranges is due to it having higher headshot multiplier of 2.5 (In comparison to 1.5) and better range.
- Despite the increased headshot multiplier, the Heavy Shotgun is still unable to deal 200 damage with a complete headshot.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Patch Notes[edit | edit source]
Vault Log[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This weapon resembles a non-bullpup hybrid of DP-12 and Kel-Tec KSG shotguns with EOTech 551 holographic sight.
- Strangely, the variant used to have a base damage of 73.5 making it the first weapon to have a base damage that isn't a whole number.
- Before Patch 5.0, many players preferred to Double-Heavy as opposed to Double-Pumping because of the decreased swapping time between two Heavy Shotguns.
- The Heavy shotgun as of Season 9 has the second best range of a Shotgun as the Combat Shotgun has the best range. (keep in mind that this is including pellet spread making it have better range damage than the Tactical Shotgun yet sharing the same range excluding the pellet spread)
- The Heavy Shotgun had the best range of all shotguns, before the Combat Shotgun was released.
- It appears at some point the red dot on the Heavy Shotgun had red lens but in more recent updates, it appears as a green dot instead.
- The Heavy Shotgun is the first of 3 shotguns that deal more damage to structures than to players. (Others being the and Tactical Shotgun and Double Barrel Shotgun)
- The Heavy Shotgun was shown in the Season 9 loading screen, hinting that it may be unvaulted in a future update.
- Although the Combat Shotgun has the longest range capabilities for a shotgun, the Heavy Shotgun is still better than the Combat Shotgun at mid range due to its headshot multiplier being much bigger (2.5x of a Heavy Shotgun and 1.5x of a Combat Shotgun)
- Just after the launch of version 5.00, the heavy shotgun was changed to fire 10 pellets instead of 5. This was not supposed to affect the max damage, however, epic made a mistake and players could hit for double the intended damage.
References[edit | edit source]