|This article is about the Battle Royale shotgun. For the Save The World shotgun described as a "heavy shotgun", see Backbreaker.|
|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
Heavy Shotgun is a Shotgun in Battle Royale. It is available in and variants. It is a heavier version of the Tactical Shotgun, dealing more damage and having increased range. It used Shells 'n' Slugs.
The Heavy Shotgun was vaulted on Patch 7.30 therefore making it only available in Playground and Creative.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Availability[edit | edit source]
Heavy Shotgun has a chance to appear among same weapon class in the following circumstances:
|Class||Chest Loot||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Supply Llama|
Heavy Shotgun has a chance to appear among all weapons in the following circumstances:
|Rarity||Chest Loot||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Supply Llama|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Although the Heavy Shotgun is slightly less powerful than the Pump Shotgun, it makes up for it with its increased range and fire rate.
- Although the Heavy Shotgun's fire rate is slower than the Tactical Shotgun's, and it deals nearly the same body shot damage, it has an larger headshot multiplier of 2.5 (In comparison to 2.0), and it’s increased range lets it be used at longer ranges where the other Shotguns would be ineffective. However, despite it’s increased headshot multiplier, it still fails to do 200 damage on a headshot.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The weapon bears loose resemblance to the UTAS UTS-15 shotgun with a more traditional looking configuration and elements similar to the SPAS-12 pump design, featuring a railed top with a red dot sight and traditional stock.
- Before Patch 5.0, many players preferred to Double-Heavy as opposed to Double-Pumping due to the decreased swapping time between two Heavy Shotguns.
- The Heavy Shotgun has the longest range of any Shotgun including pump.