|This article is about the Battle Royale shotgun. For the Save The World shotgun described as a "heavy shotgun", see Backbreaker.|
|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
Heavy Shotgun was a Shotgun in Battle Royale. It was available in and variants. It is a heavier version of the Tactical Shotgun, dealing more damage and having increased range. It used Shells 'n' Slugs.
However, the Heavy Shotgun is shown in the Season 9 Loading Screen, potentially hinting that it could be unvaulted in the future.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Availability[edit | edit source]
Heavy Shotgun has a chance to appear among same weapon class in the following circumstances:
|Class||Chest Loot||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Supply Llama|
Heavy Shotgun has a chance to appear among all weapons in the following circumstances:
|Rarity||Chest Loot||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Supply Llama|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Although the Heavy Shotgun deals less damage than the Pump Shotgun, it conpensates for this with its superior range and fire rate.
- The Heavy Shotgun is viable at longer ranges where the other Shotguns would be ineffective. This is despite having a fire rate that is slower than the Tactical Shotgun's and nearly identical body shot damage. The Heavy Shotgun's viability at longer ranges is due to it having higher headshot multiplier of 2.5 (In comparison to 2.0) and better range.
- Despite the increased headshot multiplier, the Heavy Shotgun is still unable to deal 200 damage with a complete headshot.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The weapon bears loose resemblance to the UTAS UTS-15 shotgun with a more traditional looking configuration and elements similar to the SPAS-12 pump design, featuring a railed top with a red dot sight and traditional stock.
- Before Patch 5.0, many players preferred to Double-Heavy as opposed to Double-Pumping because of the decreased swapping time between two Heavy Shotguns.
- The Heavy Shotgun has the longest range of any Shotgun, including the Pump Shotgun.
- The Heavy shotgun as of Season 9 has the second best range of a Shotgun as the Combat Shotgun has the best range.
- It appears at some point the red dot on the Heavy Shotgun had red lens but in more recent updates, it appears as a green dot instead.
- The Heavy Shotgun is the only shotgun that deals more damage to structures than to players.
- The Heavy Shotgun was shown in the Season 9 loading screen, hinting that it may be unvaulted in a future update.