Grappler is a utility weapon in Battle Royale that is available as a Epic variant. It can be fired at a nearby object to pull the player's character towards it and can be also fired as chain multiple shots to travel great distances. Grappler has 15 charges and discarded when all charges are depleted. It can be found in Vending Machines, floor loot, Treasure Chests, Supply Drops, and Supply Llamas.
It was first introduced during PAX West and was released along with the High Stakes Event.
Grappler has a chance to appear among same weapon class in the following circumstances
|| Chest Loot
|| Floor Loot
|| Supply Drop
|| Supply Llama
| Single Rarity
Grappler Promotional Image
6.00 Patch Notes (September 27, 2018)
- Weapons + Items
- Added momentum functionality to Grapplers. When hitting a moving object (vehicle, player), its momentum will be added to your launch force.
- This only happens when the momentum would be a net gain, you cannot lose momentum.
- Grappler charges reduced from 15 to 10.
- Bug Fixes
- Players will no longer be launched with greater force than intended when using the Grappler in a vehicle.
- Using a Grappler while using a Launchpad will no longer cause inventory functionality issues.
- The top half of a players model will no longer clip through walls when using the Grappler while crouched.
- Fixed a visual issue that could cause the plunger to be visible on the Grappler while the projectile is active.
- Players are no longer prevented from changing equipment when firing the Grappler while switching weapons.
5.41 Patch Notes (September 18, 2018)
- Bug Fixes
- The Grappler will no longer result in an inability to change equipment.
5.40 Patch Notes (September 6, 2018)
- Weapon + Items
- Fire at a nearby object to pull yourself towards it.
- Can be found in Vending Machines, floor loot, Treasure Chests, Supply Drops, and Supply Llamas.
- Chain multiple shots together to travel great distances.
- Has 15 charges. Discarded when charges are depleted.
- Epic rarity.