Floating Island was an unnamed POI on the Battle Royale Map, previously floating above Leaky Lake. The island has a giant tornado around it that allows players to jump in to it to fly and use gliders. The house from the original Loot Lake, the Motel and some other small pieces can be found on the island.
It was originally added with the Season 6 patch, floating directly above Leaky Lake however it eventually began to float away to each corrupted area and absorbed the rune's power, before going back to the lake and making a portal. After patch 6.20, it was broken into 3 big pieces and 3 smaller pieces. With The Butterfly Event it was destroyed but reappeared near Fatal Fields in Season 10.
Points and Sublocations[edit | edit source]
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Season 6[edit | edit source]
- The Loot Lake island rose up into the air by the power of the CUBE. It then floated away to each of the runes to absorb their powers.
6.10 Patch Notes (October 16)[edit | edit source]
- October 22: The floating island returned to Loot Lake and has began to create a portal in the sky.
6.20 Patch Notes (October 24)[edit | edit source]
- The CUBE has created a small explosion that caused the island to split into multiple pieces.
6.21 Patch Notes (November 1)[edit | edit source]
- November 4: The floating island pieces have fallen to the ground, covering up the vortex in Leaky Lake. A Stonehenge-like structure of the CUBE's fragments is in the center island.
Season 10[edit | edit source]
10.20 Content Update (September 3rd, 2019)[edit | edit source]
- September 3rd: The Floating Island has reappeared just northwest of Fatal Fields. Additionally, the Motel, NOMS sign, Durrr Burger head near Pleasant Park, and the Lonely Lodge sign now appear on the island.
- October 13th: The Floating Island made it back to it's starting location at Fatal Fields after circling around the map for half of the season.
- The End Event: The Floating Island was sucked into the black hole.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Floating Island is the third location to be return to the Battle Royale Map, after Dusty Depot, the Factories, and Retail Row.
- It is also the second unnamed POI to return, after the Factories.
- This is the fifth location to be changed/added with a Rift Beacon in Season 10, after Tilted Town, Retail Row, the explosion of the Stadium, and Pandora.
- During The End, the floating island and CUBE itself seemed to be ignored by the black hole consuming the entire island, and did not budge during it. This however could have just been a rendering issue
- The Floating Island has been removed twice now. Other locations that follow this include Dusty Depot, Factory (POI), Retail Row, Greasy Grove and Prison (POI).