Floating Island was an unnamed POI on the Battle Royale Map, previously floating above Leaky Lake. The island had a giant tornado around it that allowed players to jump in to it to fly and use gliders. The house from the original Loot Lake, the Motel and some other small pieces could be found on the island.
It was originally added with the Season 6 patch, floating directly above Leaky Lake. However, it eventually began to float away to each corrupted area and absorbed the rune's power, before going back to the lake and making a portal. After Patch v6.20, it was broken into 3 big pieces and 3 smaller pieces. During The Butterfly Event, the Floating Island's original form was destroyed. However, via a Rift Beacon, it reappeared above Fatal Fields in Season 10.
Points and Sublocations[edit | edit source]
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Season 6[edit | edit source]
- The Loot Lake island rose up into the air by the power of the CUBE. It then floated away to each of the runes to absorb their powers.
6.10 Patch Notes (October 16)[edit | edit source]
- October 22: The floating island returned to Leaky Lake and has began to create a portal in the sky.
6.20 Patch Notes (October 24)[edit | edit source]
- The CUBE has created a small explosion that caused the island to split into multiple pieces.
6.21 Patch Notes (November 1)[edit | edit source]
- November 4: The floating island pieces have fallen to the ground, covering up the vortex in Leaky Lake. A Stonehenge-like structure of the CUBE's fragments is in the center island.
Season 10[edit | edit source]
10.20 Content Update (September 3rd, 2019)[edit | edit source]
- September 3rd: The Floating Island has reappeared just northwest of Fatal Fields. Additionally, the Motel, NOMS sign, Durrr Burger head near Pleasant Park, and the Lonely Lodge sign now appear on the island.
- October 13th: The Floating Island made it back to it's starting location at Fatal Fields after circling around the map for half of the season.
- The End Event: The Floating Island was sucked into the black hole.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Floating Island is the fourth location to be added back to the Battle Royale Map, after Dusty Depot, the Factories, and Retail Row.
- It is also the second unnamed POI to return, after the Factories.
- This is the fifth location to be changed/added with a Rift Beacon in Season 10, after Tilted Town, Retail Row, the explosion of the Stadium, and Pandora.
- During The End, the floating island and CUBE itself seemed to be ignored by the black hole consuming the entire island, and did not budge during it. This however could have just been a rendering issue.
- The Floating Island has been removed twice now. Other locations that follow this include Dusty Depot, Factory (POI), Retail Row, Greasy Grove and Prison (POI).
- The Floating Island's original form can be found in Creative.