Floating Island was an unnamed POI on the Battle Royale Map, previously floating above Leaky Lake. The island had a whirlwind around it that allowed players to fly up to its surface, and redeploy gliders. The house from the original Loot Lake, the Motel and some other small pieces of landmarks could be found on the island.
It was originally added with the Season 6 patch, floating directly above Loot Lake. However, it eventually began to move toward each corrupted area and consume the power of each rune, before going back to the lake. In the Fortnitemares 2018 update, it was revealed that the Cube had destroyed the island, separating it into three chunks. During The Butterfly Event, the the Cube was destroyed, causing these three pieces to land in Loot Lake. In Season X, it was brought back (with a few changes) to the map via a Rift Beacon, appearing next to Fatal Fields.
Points and Sublocations[edit | edit source]
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Season 6[edit | edit source]
- The Loot Lake island rose up into the air fueled by the CUBE. It then floated toward each of the seven runes to extract power from them.
6.10 Patch Notes (October 16)[edit | edit source]
- October 22: The floating island returned to Leaky Lake and has begun to create a portal in the sky.
6.20 Patch Notes (October 24)[edit | edit source]
- The CUBE has destroyed the island, separating it into three chunks.
6.21 Patch Notes (November 1)[edit | edit source]
- November 4: The floating island pieces have fallen to the ground, covering up the vortex in Leaky Lake. A Stonehenge-like structure of the CUBE's fragments is in the center island.
Season X[edit | edit source]
10.20 Content Update (September 3rd, 2019)[edit | edit source]
- September 3rd: The Floating Island has reappeared just west of Fatal Fields. Additionally, the Motel, NOMS sign, Durrr Burger head, and the Lonely Lodge sign now appear on the island.
- A visitor tape recording was added to the Floating Island.
- October 13th: The Floating Island made it back to it's starting location at Fatal Fields after circling around the map for half of the season.
- The End Event: The Floating Island was sucked into the black hole.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Floating Island is the fourth location to be added back to the Battle Royale Map, after Dusty Depot, the Factories, and Retail Row.
- It is also the second unnamed POI to return, after the Factories.
- During The End, the floating island and CUBE itself seemed to be ignored by the black hole consuming the entire island, and did not budge during it. This however could have just been a rendering issue.
- The Floating Island has been removed twice now. Other locations that follow this include Dusty Depot, Factory (POI), Retail Row, Greasy Grove and Prison (POI).
- The Floating Island's original form can be found in Creative.