Dusty Divot (formerly Dusty Depot) is an area on the Battle Royale map located at the center coordinates F5-F6, G5-G6, north of Salty Springs and west of Retail Row. It was a temporary government research facility to examine a meteor crash that obliterated the Factory and a blue warehouse, now abandoned and overgrown after the excavation was complete. Remains of old locations the meteor shredded can be found in the form of a partially buried ice cream truck and containers near the north of the crater.
Points and Sublocations[edit | edit source]
* Click on the map to view geographic sub-locations.
Diner[edit | edit source]
- The diner (Dusty Diner) was formed using the remaining warehouses and is north of the divot.
Excavation Facility[edit | edit source]
- The excavation facility contains 6 Chests in total. 2 Chests are located in the northeast and southwest watchtowers in the corners of the site. One Chest can be found from the bottom of the tree that grows in the middle of the site, in the former place of the meteor. A single Chest is located in the second floor of the central building that surrounds the tree. 2 Chests are locted in two buildings in the north side of the facility.
Props[edit | edit source]
- Ice Cream Truck
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The yellow logo seen in the vehicles around Dusty Divot looks like the Vindertech logo, only upside down and without the letter "V". Because of this, it is possible that Vindertech was in some way involved in the construction of the research facility and the collection of the meteors.
- Dusty Depot was the first named location to be removed from the map when Dusty Divot was created by the Meteor, and the first named location to be renamed. The other times were when Moisty Mire became Paradise Palms, Anarchy Acres became Lazy Links, Tomato Town became Tomato Temple, Loot Lake became Leaky Lake, Leaky Lake became Loot Lake again and Flush Factory became Happy Hamlet.
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Season 1[edit | edit source]
- Dusty Depot was part of the initial version of Battle Royale Map as an unnamed POI.
- Dusty Depot received its name later that season.
Season 4[edit | edit source]
- Week 1: The meteor has struck the island. The Factory was completely obliterated and Dusty Depot was badly damaged. The blue warehouse was destroyed and the gray warehouse was upheaved with the terrain and half of it was blasted apart. The red warehouse was mostly spared, with only slight damage to the wall and a few shelves knocked over. The crater was renamed to Dusty Divot. A research facility has appeared to the center of the crater. Dusty Depot is still technically still on the map since the damaged warehouses are still standing on the outer rim of the crater. An operation excavating a large meteor has commenced at the center of the divot. The impact scattered metallic meteor fragments across the crater, as well as mysterious purple space rocks called Hop Rocks, which granted anyone who 'consumes' it a jump and mobility boost and eliminates fall damage for a short time.
- Week 2: The central facility has been covered up by some roof panels.
- Week 4: The progress in the meteor's excavation is halfway done. A metallic entity can be seen through certain areas of the meteor.
- Week 7: Meteor excavation is completed. An empty space pod is found at the core of the rock. Cars and a chopper on area of the west part have been flipped. Trees and grassland continues to grow in Dusty Divot.
- Week 9: Cars and equipment were moved from the site and the area has been deserted. Grass and trees continue to grow up to the central site of the divot. Few Hop Rocks in the area still remain.
Season 5[edit | edit source]
- Dusty Divot is abandoned and becomes overgrown. The meteor in the middle of the site disappears and is replaced by a tree, and all Hop Rocks disappear. The facility in the center is damaged.
- 3 trucks appear west of the crater thought to make repairs to the old locations.
Week 9[edit | edit source]
- The trucks arrived to the damaged depot warehouses and they have been modified to fit a diner and gift shop, with it containing the small meteors that used to surround the excavation site. The area is now called Dusty Diner, but is not a named location on the map. The gray warehouse is still badly damaged but held stable by new iron supports and is now used as a viewing area, looking out to the crater. There is a board providing history of the meteor that was seen back in Season 3 telling where it landed, and forming of the government site with it showing the meteor with a question mark referencing the excavation exposing the pod inside the meteor (The Visitor). The red warehouse is converted into a diner/museum. Inside the diner is a full timeline of the Dusty region, such as what the depots used to be like before the impact, the government facility, the damaged remains of the warehouses, artifacts such as wreckage of the depots and crash site facility, meteorite fragments, and the Divot, before and Season 5 beyond.
Season 6[edit | edit source]
- Week 10: A Pizza Pit truck and Durrr Burger truck are at Dusty Diner.
Season 7[edit | edit source]
- Ziplines have been placed in the crater that allow you to quickly go in and out of it.