There was a temporary government research facility to examine a meteor crash that obliterated the Factory and a blue warehouse.
Remains of old locations the meteor shredded can be found in the form of a partially buried ice cream truck and containers near the north of the crater. The Divot location has been replaced with the former Dusty Depot due to the orb at loot lake causing a time rewind.
The meteor that created Dusty Divot is currently above the Factory
Points and Sublocations[edit | edit source]
Diner[edit | edit source]
- The diner (Dusty Diner) was formed using the remaining warehouses and used to be north of the divot.
- It was removed in Season 10 due to the Zero Point causing a time rewind.
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Season 4[edit | edit source]
- Week 1: The meteor has struck the island. The Factory was completely obliterated and Dusty Depot was badly damaged. The blue warehouse was destroyed and the gray warehouse was up heaved with the terrain and half of it was blasted apart. The red warehouse was mostly spared, with only slight damage to the wall and a few shelves knocked over. The crater was renamed to Dusty Divot. A research facility has appeared to the center of the crater. Dusty Depot is still technically still on the map since the damaged warehouses are still standing on the outer rim of the crater. An operation excavating a large meteor has commenced at the center of the divot. The impact scattered metallic meteor fragments across the crater, as well as mysterious purple space rocks called Hop Rocks, which granted anyone who 'consumes' it a jump and mobility boost and eliminates fall damage for a short time.
- Week 2: The central facility has been covered up by some roof panels.
- Week 4: The progress in the meteor's excavation is halfway done. A metallic entity can be seen through certain areas of the meteor. Trees start to grow on the outskirts of the Divot
- Week 7: Meteor excavation is completed. An empty space pod is found at the core of the rock. Cars and a chopper on area of the west part have been flipped. Trees and grassland continues to grow in Dusty Divot.
- Week 9: Cars and equipment were moved from the site and the area has been deserted. Grass and trees continue to grow up to the central site of the divot. Few Hop Rocks in the area still remain.
Season 5[edit | edit source]
- Dusty Divot is abandoned and becomes overgrown. The meteor in the middle of the site disappears and is replaced by a tree, and all Hop Rocks disappear. The facility in the center is damaged.
- 3 trucks appear west of the crater thought to make repairs to the old locations.
Week 6[edit | edit source]
- The trucks arrived to the damaged depot warehouses and they have been modified to fit a diner and gift shop, with it containing the small meteors that used to surround the excavation site. The area is now called Dusty Diner, but is not a named location on the map. The gray warehouse is still badly damaged but held stable by new iron supports and is now used as a viewing area, looking out to the crater. There is a board providing history of the meteor that was seen back in Season 3 telling where it landed, and forming of the government site with it showing the meteor with a question mark referencing the excavation exposing the pod inside the meteor (The Visitor). The red warehouse is converted into a diner/museum. Inside the diner is a full timeline of the Dusty region, such as what the depots used to be like before the impact, the government facility, the damaged remains of the warehouses, artifacts such as wreckage of the depots and crash site facility, meteorite fragments, and the Divot, before and Season 5 beyond.
Season 6[edit | edit source]
- Week 10: A Pizza Pit truck and Durrr Burger truck are at Dusty Diner.
Season 7[edit | edit source]
- Ziplines have been placed in the crater that allow you to quickly go in and out of it.
- Week 3: Crates have fallen over or been removed from the red warehouse and the back of Dusty Diner.
Season 8[edit | edit source]
- Ziplines have been removed from the crater.
- Week 5: Trucks carrying the dig site excavators have been seen in the crater. The logos in the excavators show that they belong to the same organization that originally constructed the Dusty Divot facility.
- Later that week the excavators have begun digging in the middle part of the abandoned research facility. About half of the central building has been demolished in the process. The rocks in the middle of the excavation area can be damaged by harvesting tools, and have several million hit points.
- April 3: The rocks have been destroyed, and the hole is now filled with lava.
Season 9[edit | edit source]
- The excavators are gone and the dig site was abandoned by the Government.
- June 25th: A snow cone truck, a couple of lawn chairs, and a grill was added outside of the abandoned research facility.
- July 17th: The summer props outside the abandoned research facility were removed.
Season 10[edit | edit source]
- Dusty Divot was removed from the map, and has been replaced by Dusty Depot again.
- The Nexus Orb removed Dusty Diner, Dusty Divot, and the broken warehouse, restoring it to pre-Season 4 days.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The yellow logo seen in the vehicles around Dusty Divot looks like the Vindertech logo, only upside down and without the letter "V". Because of this, it is possible that Vindertech was in some way involved in the construction of the research facility and the collection of the meteors.
- Dusty Depot was the first named location to be removed from the map when Dusty Divot was created by the Meteor, and the first named location to be renamed. The other times were when Moisty Mire became Paradise Palms, Anarchy Acres became Lazy Links, Tomato Town became Tomato Temple, Loot Lake became Leaky Lake, Leaky Lake became Loot Lake again, Flush Factory became Happy Hamlet, Risky Reels became The Block, Wailing Woods became Sunny Steps and the Volcano, Lazy Links became Lazy Lagoon, Tilted Towers became Neo Tilted, Retail Row became Mega Mall, the Volcano became Pressure Plant, Dusty Divot became Dusty Depot again, Neo Tilted became Tilted Town, and Mega Mall became Retail Row again.
- Dusty Divot, ironically, has been in the game longer then Dusty Depot was.
- With Season 10, Dusty Depot, the location destroyed by the Meteor, returned, replacing Dusty Divot.