|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
|Last Adjustment||7.10 Content Update #3|
Dual Pistols are pistols in Battle Royale. They are available in and variants. They use Medium Bullets, have a head shot multiplier of x2.0, and lack first shot accuracy. The Dual Pistols are a two-shot burst weapon that fire high damage shots quickly and quite accurately, but can be tricky to aim and suffer at a distance. The Dual Pistols can be found from floor loot, Chests, and Vending Machines.
The Dual Pistols used to be available in Patch 5.40. They were Vaulted in Patch 6.21. They were unvaulted in 7.10 Content Update #3, replacing the Six Shooter. However on Patch 9.30, The Dual Pistols have been Re-vaulted, making it exclusively available in Creative. They were vaulted the first time for extra space and to balance the game, and they were vaulted the second time due to not many people using it.and variants, but were demoted to and following
The Dual Pistol's structure damage has been nerfed in the 11.10 Content Update from 42/44 to 41/43, possibly hinting at its return.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Former Rarity[edit | edit source]
Availability[edit | edit source]
- Patch 4.5 - Released
- Patch 6.21 - Vaulted
- Patch 7.10 - Re-Released
- Patch 7.20 - Added to Creative
- Patch 9.30 - Re-Vaulted
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Dual Pistols are considered a major step-up over the Pistol, as a single shot to the body is able to take almost half of a target's health, with two head shots able to take out all the shield and half the health of an enemy.
- The Dual Pistols fire roughly one burst every half second. Their ability to constantly output high damage makes them an effective pressure tool.
- If the player has good aim and luck with their accuracy, they can replace a shotgun, doing similar damage with a similar fire rate to that of the Tactical Shotgun.
- The Dual Pistols' fire rate to damage ratio can allow them to replace a submachine gun. They are able to break materials very quickly and do good constant damage to follow up a good hit from a shotgun.
- There is slight upwards recoil between the first and second shot.
- They have a limited magazine size and a high reload time. Be careful when unloading shots quickly.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Dual Pistols are based on the FNX-9 pistol.
- The Suppressed Pistol is also based on the same type of pistol (FNX Series), except its attachments and camouflage differ from the unmodified nature and two-tone coloring of the Dual Pistols.
- The Suppressed Pistol is also based on the FNX Series pistol, although they have different stats to the Dual Pistols. This is due to the fact the Suppressed Pistol uses a higher caliber (in real life .45 ACP) while the Dual pistols use a smaller caliber (in real life 9mm).
- This is one of the six items to be vaulted, then unvaulted then vaulted again. The other 5 items are Guided Missile, Suppressed Submachine Gun (Since unvaulted on 9.30 Content Update), Clinger, Impulse Grenade, and Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle.
- This was the second weapon to be unvaulted in Fortnite, following the Guided Missile.