|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
|Introduced||9.30 Content Update 2|
Drum Shotgun was a shotgun in Battle Royale. It was available in 9.30 Content Update #2., , and variants and has a headshot multiplier of 1.25x. It was released on
It was vaulted with the 10.20.2 hotfix on September 4th 2019. No reason was provided for the vault, however it may have been due to not many players using it.
Texture[edit | edit source]
Availability[edit | edit source]
Drum Shotgun has a chance to appear among same weapon class in the following circumstances:
Drum Shotgun has a chance to appear among all weapons in the following circumstances:
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- The Drum Shotgun is a very good choice at very close range as it has a high fire rate, the largest magazine size of all shotguns and high DPS. However, its bad accuracy and low damage make the weapon better for extra close range, to keep its damage.
- The Drum Shotgun should only be used at super close range, as it has a wide spread and steep damage dropoff.
Changes[edit | edit source]
In Patch 13.00, the weapon's Recoil was decreased.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Drum Shotgun has the fastest fire rate in game as a shotgun, firing 4 bullets per second, The fire rate is 2.1 times bigger than Combat Shotgun, 5.7 times bigger than Pump Shotgun and 2.6 times bigger than Tactical Shotgun.
- It's name is similar to the Drum Gun, as it has high fire rate, low damage input and higher magazine clip size.
- The Drum Shotgun may be a reference to the Fostech Origin 12 shotgun: , with a drum magazine attached to it.
- Drum Shotgun has the largest magazine size in game as a shotgun, having a 1.2 times higher magazine size than Combat Shotgun, 2.4 times higher magazine size than Pump Shotgun and 1.5 times higher magazine size than Tactical Shotgun
- Drum Shotgun does the least amount of damage as a shotgun.
- Drum Shotgun does the second highest amount of DPS on a shotgun. The first is Double Barrel Shotgun.
- This is the third shotgun to be available in common and uncommon rarities, the first being the Pump Shotgun and Tactical Shotgun.
- Due to the weapon's (somewhat) large magazine capacity, as well as a (somewhat) fast fire rate, the weapon would be classed as an "assault shotgun" in real life.
- It was one of the most shortest lived items, and the shortest lived shotgun, in the game. It was only around for a little over 2 months.
- The Drum Shotgun is also the first shotgun to use an actual magazine, instead of loading it by hand one by one, which was supposed to shorten the time it takes to load a shotgun. However, the reload time is pretty long - not much faster than reloading the rarest SPAS-12 Pump Shotgun - meaning that one was basically better off filling up a SPAS-12 with 5 rounds one-by-one than reloading a Drum Shotgun's full clip of twelve rounds all at once, as well as the fact that a Drum Shotgun needs a minimum of four rounds to kill someone at headshot damage, whilst a SPAS-12 Gold can one-shot someone full health and shields with a little bit of inaccuracy.