|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
|Introduced||4.5 Content Update|
|Last Adjustment||Patch 12.00|
It was formerly available in bothand variants and is currently only available as the rarity, Midas' Drum Gun.
The Drum Gun does not have first shot accuracy, but it can be hip-fired with while walking with decent accuracy at a fast fire-rate.
The Drum Gun was vaulted again in the Patch 10.20 making it exclusively available in creative.
The Drum Gun was unvaulted for 24 hours during the Winterfest event on December 19, 2019 and January 2, 2020 respectively. Following the Double Barrel Shotgun and Flint-Knock Pistol, this was the second and 16th item to be unvaulted for the event.
Stats[edit | edit source]
|Midas' Drum Gun|
Vaulted[edit | edit source]
Texture[edit | edit source]
Availability[edit | edit source]
Releases[edit | edit source]
- Patch 4.5 - Released
- Patch 5.40 - Vaulted
- Patch 8.01 - Added to Creative
- May 4, 2019 or Patch 8.51 - Unvaulted after Unvaulting event
- Patch 10.20 * - Re Vaulted
- December 19, 2019 - Unvaulted for one day, Winterfest Event.
- January 2, 2020 - Unvaulted for one day, Winterfest Event.
- February 20, 2020 - Midas' Drum Gun added ( ).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- The Drum Gun is best used in close to mid-range combat as its high spread and recoil makes it unreliable at longer ranges, as well as the lack of first-shot accuracy.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Drum Gun is based on the Thompson Submachine Gun (Tommy Gun) M1928, with a drum magazine, Lyman 55B rear sight, Cutt compensator and a foregrip. Despite inspiration, the weapon is classified as an Assault Rifle.
- The Drum Gun is similar to the LMG, with both using medium bullets, having a large magazine size, a rapid fire rate, same classification, and a long reload time. The differences being that the Drum Gun has a faster fire rate and it deals less damage to players, while the LMG has a much larger magazine size and deals more damage to structures.
- The Drum Gun was the only SMG that didn't use Light Bullets, Despite the fact that the real life version uses .45 ACP, a pistol round that is larger than the 9mm round which other submachine guns use.
- The Drum Gun sound was glitched when Patch v8.10 was released. The Drum Gun then had the same sound file as the Assault Rifle. Soon the weapon sound was fixed during Patch v8.11 to the original sound.
- The Drum Gun was the seventh item to be Vaulted, after the Revolver.
- As part of The Unvaulting Event, players voted on 6 weapons for one to unvault. The Drum Gun won and was unvaulted a few minutes later on May 4th, 2019, but was vaulted again in Patch 10.20 (most likely because it was still overpowered after a lot of nerfs).
- The Drum Gun is the sixth item to ever be unvaulted, following Impulse Grenades.
- Despite the Drum Gun using Medium Bullets, the Pistol. and rarities deal less damage than even a
- Season 9 was the only season in which the Drum Gun was in for the entire duration of the season and never received a vaulting, prior to Season X.
- Midas' Drum Gun includes a special golden texture. (This is due to the Midas "Outfit" having a Gold Touch Bonus which also applies to the Boss.)