|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
|Introduced||4.5 Content Update|
|Last Adjustment||9.30 Content Update #1|
Drum Gun is a rapid-firing Assault Rifle (formerly smg) in Battle Royale, available in both & variants. It uses Medium Bullets. The Drum Gun does not have first shot accuracy due to the fact that it can be hip-fired with while walking with decent accuracy at a fast fire-rate.
During Patch 9.20, the weapon is officially classified as an Assault Rifle. Used to be an SMG.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Availability[edit | edit source]
Releases[edit | edit source]
- Patch 4.5 - Released
- Patch 5.40 - Vaulted
- Patch 8.01 - Added to Creative
- May 4, 2019 or Patch 8.51 - Unvaulted after Unvaulting event
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- The Drum Gun is best used in close to mid range combat as its high spread and recoil makes it unreliable at longer ranges, as well as the lack of first-shot accuracy.
- It can be considered a lower-tier version of the Assault Rifles, as it's overly common to find one.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Drum Gun is based on the Thompson Submachine Gun (Tommy Gun) M1928, with a drum magazine, Lyman 55B rear sight, Cutt compensator and a foregrip. Despite inspiration, the weapon is classified as an Assault Rifle.
- The Drum Gun is similar to the LMG, with both using medium bullets, having a large magazine size, a rapid fire rate, same classification, and a long reload time. The differences being that the Drum Gun has a faster fire rate and it deals less damage to players, while the LMG has a much larger magazine size and deals more damage to structures.
- The Drum Gun was the only SMG (until later as an Assault Rifle) that doesn't use Light Bullets. Despite the fact that the real life version uses .45 ACP, a pistol round that is larger than the 9mm round which other submachine guns use.
- Both the Drum Gun and the Suppressed Submachine Gun have the same fire rate. Despite this, the Suppressed SMG is more accurate than the Drum Gun.
- The Drum Gun sound was glitched when Patch v8.10 was released. The Drum Gun then had the same sound file as the Assault Rifle. Soon the weapon sound was fixed during Patch v8.11 to the original sound.
- The Drum Gun was the seventh item to be Vaulted, after the Revolver.
- The Drum Gun is shown on one of the TVs inside the room with the chalkboard at Loot Lake.
- As part of The Unvaulting Event, players voted on 6 weapons for one to unvault. The Drum Gun won and was unvaulted a few minutes later on May 4th, 2019.
- Because of the severe decrease for damage, the Suppressed Submachine Gun is better than the Drum Gun. It’s purpose is currently now to sub in as an Assault Rifle.
- As of Patch 9.20, the Drum Gun has the second fastest fire rate of any Assault Rifle, firing 8 bullets per second. The first fastest is the Minigun.