|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
|Introduced||4.5 Content Update|
|Last Adjustment||8.01 Content Update (Creative Only)|
|Vaulted||5.40 Content Update|
Drum Gun is a hybrid Rifle-SMG in Battle Royale. It is available in and variants. It uses Medium Bullets. The Drum Gun was Vaulted in the 5.40 Content Update, making it only available in Creative and the Unvaulted LTM.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Availability[edit | edit source]
Releases[edit | edit source]
- Patch 4.5 - Released
- Patch 5.40 - Vaulted
- Patch 8.01 - Re-Released (Only in Creative)
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- The Drum Gun is best used in close to mid range combat as its high spread and recoil makes it unreliable at longer ranges, as well as the lack of first-shot accuracy.
- It can be considered a lower-tier version of the Machine Guns, as it is pretty common to find one.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Drum Gun is based on the Thompson Submachine Gun (Tommy Gun) M1928, with a drum magazine, Lyman 55B rear sight, Cutt compensator and a foregrip.
- The Drum Gun is similar to the LMG, with both using medium bullets, having a large clip size, a rapid fire rate, and a long reload time. The differences being that the Drum Gun has a slower fire rate and it deals slightly higher damage to players, and the LMG having a much larger clip size and it deals more damage to structures.
- The Drum Gun is the only SMG that doesn't use Light Bullets (the Light Machine Gun was finally categorized as an Assault Rifle) Most likely due to the fact that the real life version uses .45 ACP, a pistol round that is larger and better than the 9mm round which other submachine guns use.
- Both the Drum Gun and the Suppressed Submachine Gun have the same fire rate. Although the Drum Gun is slightly better than the Suppressed SMG, the Suppressed SMG is more accurate than the Drum Gun.
- The Drum Gun used to sound suppressed to players, but when added back in Creative, it uses the same new sound as the Assault Rifle, which it already had in the Unvaulted LTM. It was soon changed in patch v8.10.