|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
|Introduced||4.5 Content Update|
|Last Adjustment||Patch 9.01|
Drum Gun is a rapid-firing SMG in Battle Royale, available in both & variants. It uses Medium Bullets. The Drum Gun does not have first shot accuracy due to the fact that it can be hip-fired with while walking with decent accuracy at a fast fire-rate.
The Drum Gun was unvaulted during the Unvaulting Event, on May 4th, 2019, on Patch 8.51.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Availability[edit | edit source]
Releases[edit | edit source]
- Patch 4.5 - Released
- Patch 5.40 - Vaulted
- Patch 8.51 - Unvaulted (Creative only)
- May 4, 2019 - Unvaulted after Unvaulting event
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- The Drum Gun is best used in close to mid range combat as its high spread and recoil makes it unreliable at longer ranges, as well as the lack of first-shot accuracy.
- It can be considered a lower-tier version of the Machine Guns, as it's overly common to find one.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Drum Gun is based on the Thompson Submachine Gun (Tommy Gun) M1928, with a drum magazine, Lyman 55B rear sight, Cutt compensator and a foregrip.
- The Drum Gun is similar to the LMG, with both using medium bullets, having a large clip size, a rapid fire rate, and a long reload time. The differences being that the Drum Gun has a faster fire rate and it deals slightly more damage to players, while the LMG has a much larger magazine size and deals more damage to structures.
- It should also be noted that these weapons are classified differently: the Drum Gun is a SMG while the Light Machine Gun is an Assault Rifle. This, however, was not the case before Season 8 was released - the Light Machine Gun would be not classified as an Assault Rifle until the release of Season 8.
- The Drum Gun is the only SMG that doesn't use Light Bullets (Light Machine Gun was finally categorized as an Assault Rifle) Most likely due to the fact that the real life version uses .45 ACP, a pistol round that is larger and better than the 9mm round which other submachine guns use.
- Both the Drum Gun and the Suppressed Submachine Gun have the same fire rate. Despite this, the Suppressed SMG is more accurate than the Drum Gun.
- The Drum Gun sound was glitched when Patch v8.10 was released. The Drum Gun then had the same sound file as the Assault Rifle. Soon the weapon sound was fixed during Patch v8.11 to the original sound.
- The Drum Gun was the seventh item to be Vaulted, after the Revolver.
- The Drum Gun is shown on one of the TVs inside the room with the chalkboard at Loot Lake.
- As part of The Unvaulting Event, players voted on 6 weapons for one to unvault. The Drum Gun won and was unvaulted a few minutes later on May 4th, 2019.