||This article is about Battle Royale vehicle. For the Save the World version, see Driftboard.
|This article discusses content that has been put in the Vault.
|This item has been made unavailable in order to adjust the game balance. It may return in the future.
The Driftboard is a ground vehicle in Battle Royale. It is a armored hoverboard that only one person can mount at a time. It has the ability to jump and boost for extra mobility, as well as quick travel and the abiltiy to make sharp turns. It is much quicker than walking and is a bit faster than the Shopping Cart and ATK, making it one of the fastest transportation methods. Players can use their weapons and consumables while riding the vehicle, but building is disabled. If a player aims their weapon while the board is moving, it will slow down similar to how the player slows down when walking or running. The Driftboard is the first vehicle to appear for a limited time, only appearing on red supply drops in the Driftin' LTM, scattered across the map (in Solos, Duos, and Squads), or permanently accessible through the Creative devices menu. It was later made permanently accessible in every game mode. The Driftboard was originally slated for the 7.10 update but was delayed to the 7.40 update so Epic Games could make some quality of life improvments.
Promotional video for the Driftboard
7.40 Content Update (February 19, 2019)
- Driftboard - Limited Time Item
- Join the battle in style riding the Driftboard! Fire at enemies, pull off tricks, and boost towards victory using this limited time item.
- The Driftboard may take inspiration from the Hoverboard from Save the World.
- The Driftboard was originally planned to be added in Patch 7.10, however it was postponed due to a last minute issue found.
- The Driftboard was originally going to be vaulted at the start of Season 8, but was kept in the game due to positive feedback about it.
- The Driftboard is nowhere to be found in Chapter 2 Season 1, meaning they have been vaulted.
- The Driftboards were available for a couple hours in Save The World, however due to unknown issues they have been removed and were never seen since.
|Battle Royale Content|
| Seasonal Foraged Map Objects|
) • Rifts
) • Shadow Stones
) • Ziplines
, C2 1
, C2 2
) • Volcano Vents
) • Slipstream
) • Secret Passages