|Category||Battle Royale Items|
Damage Trap is an item vaulted in Battle Royale but can still be found in Creative. In both gamemodes, it functions exactly the same. It combines the functions of the Spike Trap, Wall Dynamo, and Ceiling Zapper into a single trap that can be placed on any surface that accepts traps. When this trap is in placement mode, it will automatically swap between floors, walls, and ceilings depending on where it is placed.
It is believed that the Damage Trap was vaulted at the beginning of Chapter 2 Season 2 because it was commonly used to eliminate a player stuck in a box, which was very hard to avoid.
The Damage Traps have been brought back in the High Explosives LTM and can only be obtained from Supply Llamas.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Battle Royale[edit | edit source]
Creative[edit | edit source]
|Retractable spikes that can be placed on almost all flat surfaces|
|Hitpoints||Varies with placement|
Availability[edit | edit source]
Damage Trap has a chance to appear among other utility items and consumables per loot sources in the following circumstances
|Class||Chest Loot||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Supply Llama|
Damage Trap has a chance to appear among all utility items and consumables in the following circumstances:
|Rarity||Chest Loot||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Supply Llama|
The Damage trap was vaulted at the beginning of Chapter 2 Season 2 (v12.00 patch)
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Traps can be placed on either floors, walls or ceilings. Traps can used in one of two ways: passively or actively.
- Passively: This method entails placing a traps on one of the aforementioned pieces and simply waiting for a player to trigger the trap.
- Actively: This method is far more difficult to pull off but is impressive when done successfully. It entails trapping the enemy in a box and then placing the trap down. It is more effective if stairs are also placed in the box to limit the enemy player’s movement thus making it harder for them to escape as well as easier to eliminate them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If you are on something above or in front of a damage trap, it will not be triggered.
- The file for the former rarity still exists, only it is called, "retractable wall spikes."
- The Spike Trap is not so much known(post December 2018)for the game, but for deathruns. However, in 2020 they became less popular.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- 3. This trap will only have the amount of hitpoints as the surface it is placed on.