Cube Fragments (or Spawn Obelisks) are mysterious objects that can be found around the map, mostly around corrupted areas which spawn Cube Monsters. The Cube Fragments are spawned early on in the match, big Cube Fragments being around corrupted areas, and smaller ones can be found throughout the Battle Royale Map. Cube Fragments can be destroyed for a guaranteed Weapon and other good loot. Cube Fragments are exclusive to Creative (as of Patch 8.20), Fortnitemares and the Team Terror LTM. They also spawn in the Storm King Limited-Time Mode for Fortnitemares 2019.
Cube Monsters[edit | edit source]
The Cube Fragments spawn hostile NPCs, called Cube Monsters, which try to attack the player and damage structures. They can drop Weapons, Items, and Ammo when defeated and grant a small amount of shields. Cube Monsters can be very disruptive while healing or using consumables.
- Cube Fiend - basic Cube Monsters.
- Elite Cube Fiend - slightly stronger than the normal Cube Fiend, and has a purple glow.
- Cube Brute - a tougher and stronger Cube Monster.
- Elite Cube Brute - slightly stronger than the normal Cube Brute, and has a purple glow.
- Poison Fiend - green, smaller monsters that leave a poisonous cloud (similar to a Stink Bomb) when eliminated. Horde Rush and Creative exclusive.
- Explosive Brute - identical to a Elite Cube Brute. But when eliminated, explodes, causing damage to players nearby. Horde Rush and Creative exclusive.
- Thrower Fiend - throws fireballs at players, similar to a Lobber from Save the World. Creative and Horde Rush exclusive.
- Chill Ranged Fiend - similar to a Thrower Fiend, but throws snowballs instead of fireballs. If a player is hit by one of those, their feet will be frozen, similar to a Chiller trap or a Chiller Grenade. Horde Rush exclusive.
- Mega Cube Brute - a very rare and very strong Cube Brute that can be distinguished by its golden glow. Drops a random Weapon and various other loot on death.
- Boss Fiend - a stronger Mega Cube Brute that spawns at the end of the Horde Rush LTM. Has a much larger healthbar, and is considerably stronger.