Crossbow (Battle Royale)
|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
|Introduced||Patch 7.40 (Cupid Variant)|
|Last Adjustment||Patch 7.40|
The weapon was first introduced in BR in Patch 2.4.2, on February 7th, 2018, as part of the Valentines Day 2018 event. It shared its look with the Heartbreaker from Save the World. It was available in and variants, and was simply named "Crossbow". On February 20th, with Patch 3.0.0, the Crossbow's Valentine skin was removed, giving it a simple black/grey-ish look. The weapon stayed in the game till May 1st, 2018, when, with the release of Patch 4.0, it got vaulted.
A similar weapon eventually got added for a short time in Patch 6.20 as part of the Fortnitemares event, as well as during the Ice Storm Event (January 19th-29th, 2019) :the Fiend Hunter Crossbow. This was a completely different version of the weapon: it didn't have a scope, and dealed very lower damage, despite having a higher fire rate and a larger magazine size. This weapon is still available in Playground and Creative inventories.
Even though it is not available in Creative inventory, the Classic Crossbow, along with Buried Treasure, Birthday Presents and Port-A-Challenges is still obtainable in the mode via the travel through islands glitch.
The Classic Crossbow can still be looted in the Sneaky Silencers LTM.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When the Crossbow was added to Battle Royale in Patch 2.4.2, it was skinned thematically to match the Valentine's Day theme. The skin was later removed in Patch 3.0.
- Due to loot settings not being updated to reflect the then-current patch, 50v50 V2 allowed access to the Crossbow for a short period of time despite it being Vaulted. The loot for 50v50 has since been updated.
- It was the fourth item to be Vaulted after the Smoke Grenade.
- While Crossbow's first Valentine 2018 variant was simply named "Crossbow" and available in Rare and Epic variants, the new Valentine 2019 variant is named "Cupid's Crossbow" and is only available in its Epic variant. This may have been done to set it as a event weapon, like Fiend Hunter's Crossbow, rather than a canon weapon, like when it was first added.
- Although the weapon doesn't deal enough damage to kill opponents in a single shot - like the Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle - this can be considered the suppressed counterpart. Crossbows are still used - albeit very rarely - in real life as military weapons for covert sniper roles, so it could be a good idea to bring it back in a sort of suppressed sniper role.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]