Corrupted Areas were seven unnamed points of interest that could be found throughout the map where the burning runes were imprinted by the CUBE in Season 5. Corrupted Areas would contain Treasure Chests, Shadow Stones, and some volcano-like craters that act like Shockwave Grenades when jumped in. As of Season 7, the Corrupted Areas were covered in overgrowth. Shadow Stones also disappeared. These unnamed POIs were used a lot throughout Season 6.
Points and Sublocations[edit | edit source]
Every few days at the start of Season 6, the CUBE used the Floating Island to travel to each of the seven runes at the Corrupted Areas. It went to the areas in this order: Rune 7 near Pleasant Park, Rune 2 near Shifty Shafts, Rune 1 north of Fatal Fields, Rune 4 at Retail Row, Rune 5 in Wailing Woods, Rune 6 south of Lazy Links and Rune 3 west of Dusty Divot.
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Season 5[edit | edit source]
- The CUBE has planted 7 runes, which created antigravity zones, while moving across the map.
- August 29th: The Cube placed down the first eventual rune, on the north side of Fatal Fields.
- September 2nd: The Cube placed down the second eventual rune, between Shifty Shafts and Greasy Grove.
- September 5th: The Cube placed down the third eventual rune, southwest of Dusty Divot.
- September 7th: The Cube placed down the fourth eventual rune, on the southeast side of Retail Row.
- September 11th: The Cube placed down the fifth eventual rune, at the entrance to Wailing Woods.
- September 14th: The Cube placed down the sixth eventual rune, south of Lazy Links.
- September 17th: The Cube placed down the seventh and final eventual rune, south of Pleasant Park.
Season 6[edit | edit source]
- Map v6.0
- The 7 Runes have burnt into the ground more and corrupted the area around them.
- September 28th: The Floating Island has began to move towards the runes and absorb their powers.
- Map v6.10
- Map v6.20
- Map v6.21
- The Corrupted Areas have been overgrown with grass and flowers.
Season 7[edit | edit source]
- The Runes and corrupted areas have been completely overgrown and vanished.
Chapter 2 Season 1[edit | edit source]
- October 29th: A corrupted area has appeared on the center island of the new map, Eye Land. The corrupted area has the same craters with the Shockwave Grenade effect.
- November 12th: The corrupted area disappeared and the Eye Land has returned.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- All of the original corrupted areas no longer exist, due to a black hole sucking up the original island, but a new one appeared on the new island due to a Fortnitemares (2019) event.