Corrupted Areas were seven unnamed points of interest that can be found throughout the map where the burning runes were imprinted by the CUBE in Season 5. Corrupted Areas may contain Treasure Chests, Shadow Stones, and some volcano-like craters that act like Shockwave Grenades when jumped in. As of Season 7, the Corrupted Areas are now covered with overgrown. Shadow Stones also disappeared. These unnamed POIs were used a lot throughout Season 6.
Points and Sublocations[edit | edit source]
Every few days at the start of Season 6, the CUBE used the Floating Island to travel to each of the seven runes at the Corrupted Areas. It went to the areas in this order: Rune 7 near Pleasant Park, Rune 2 near Shifty Shafts, Rune 1 north of Fatal Fields, Rune 4 at Retail Row, Rune 5 in Wailing Woods, Rune 6 south of Lazy Links and Rune 3 west of Dusty Divot.
Map Changes[edit | edit source]
Season 5[edit | edit source]
- The CUBE has planted 7 runes, which created antigravity zones, while moving across the map.
Season 6[edit | edit source]
- Map v6.0
- The 7 Runes have burnt into the ground more and corrupted the area around them.
- September 28th: The Floating Island has began to move towards the runes and absorb their powers.
- Map v6.10
- Map v6.20
- Map v6.21
- The Corrupted Areas have been overgrown with grass and flowers.
Season 7[edit | edit source]
- The Runes and corrupted areas have been completely overgrown and vanished.