Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
The Compact SMG was an SMG in Battle Royale. It was available in and variants. It used Light Bullets, had a head shot multiplier of x2.0, and lacked first shot accuracy. The Compact SMG quickly fired low damage shots for long periods of time, but had mediocre accuracy, a long reload time, and very quickly decreasing damage at range. The Compact SMG could be found from floor loot, Chests, Vending Machines, Supply Drops, and Buried Treasure.
The Compact SMG has been added to the Vault on Patch 9.01, making it exclusively available in Creative. It was vaulted due to the release of the Tactical Assault Rifle, and due to Drum Gun being unvaulted.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Availability[edit | edit source]
Compact SMG has a chance to appear among same weapon class in the following circumstances:
|Class||Chest Loot||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Supply Llama|
Compact SMG has a chance to appear among all weapons in the following circumstances:
|Rarity||Chest Loot||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Supply Llama|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- The Compact SMG's large magazine of 40 bullets allows it 4 seconds of sustained fire. This makes it a powerful tool to pressure buildings and opponents alike.
- Its large magazine and fast fire rate allow it to melt through many buildings in no time.
- Its larger magazine size comes with a disadvantage of a 3 second reload time, which is enough time for an opponent to drink a Small Shield Potion.
- Its mediocre accuracy and lack of first shot accuracy isn't a problem at its optimal close range. This only starts affecting the Compact SMG at medium range and beyond.
- The Compact SMG has very high damage drop off at range. This combined with its accuracy makes it unsuitable as a weapon to be used beyond close range, even at the start of a match if it's your only gun.
- The Compact SMG has practically no penalties for continuous fire and strafing, making it a very viable choice to fire while moving, whether from the hip or while aiming down sights.
- The Suppressed Submachine Gun beats out the Compact SMG in DPS, and the Suppressed Submachine Gun beats out both variants of the Compact SMG in that area.
- Its downgrade, the Suppressed Submachine Gun, actually destroys materials faster than the Compact SMG, taking four shots to destroy a freshly built piece of wood whereas the Compact SMG takes five for about 0.5 seconds difference. The Suppressed Submachine Gun takes seven shots to destroy a fully built piece of wood whereas the Compact SMG takes eight.
- The Compact SMG was more similar to an Upgraded Drum Gun However it later started to be more of a Submachine Gun Upgrade Instead.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Compact SMG takes inspiration from the FN P90, though it has a longer handguard, shorter rear end with a small stock and the railed frame is moved further from the trigger grip. Also, the shell ejection port is moved directly under the thumb grip hole.
- Despite its Suppressed Submachine Gun. variant being the rarest SMG in the game, it still deals less damage than all three rarities of the
- Unlike all of the other submachine guns in Battle Royale besides the Burst SMG, its name has "Submachine Gun" abbreviated to "SMG".
- In real life, this weapon's bullet calibre would be unique. While in-game this weapon is portrayed as firing 9x19mm "Parabellum" rounds (light ammo), in reality the weapon has its own unique calibre, FN 5.7x28mm. Considering the 9x19mm's squat form and rounded tip, if a real-life P90 would be converted to fire Parabellum rounds, it'd probably be able to store 80 rounds in the mag.