|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
The Compact SMG was an SMG in Battle Royale. It was available in and variants. It used Light Bullets, had a head shot multiplier of x2.0, and lacked first shot accuracy. The Compact SMG quickly fired low damage shots for long periods of time, but had mediocre accuracy, a long reload time, and very quickly decreasing damage at range. The Compact SMG could be found from floor loot, Chests, Vending Machines, Supply Drops, and Buried Treasure.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Availability[edit | edit source]
Compact SMG has a chance to appear among same weapon class in the following circumstances:
|Class||Chest Loot||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Supply Llama|
Compact SMG has a chance to appear among all weapons in the following circumstances:
|Rarity||Chest Loot||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Supply Llama|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- The Compact SMG's large magazine of 40 bullets allows it 4 seconds of sustained fire. This makes it a powerful tool to pressure buildings and opponents alike.
- Its large magazine and fast fire rate allow it to melt through many buildings in no time.
- Its larger magazine size comes with a disadvantage of a 3 second reload time, which is enough time for an opponent to drink a Small Shield Potion.
- Its mediocre accuracy and lack of first shot accuracy isn't a problem at its optimal close range. This only starts affecting the Compact SMG at medium range and beyond.
- The Compact SMG has very high damage drop off at range. This combined with its accuracy makes it unsuitable as a weapon to be used beyond close range, even at the start of a match if it's your only gun.
- The Compact SMG has practically no penalties for continuous fire and strafing, making it a very viable choice to fire while moving, whether from the hip or while aiming down sights.
- The Suppressed Submachine Gun beats out the Compact SMG in DPS, and the Suppressed Submachine Gun beats out both variants of the Compact SMG in that area.
- Its downgrade, the Suppressed Submachine Gun, actually destroys materials faster than the Compact SMG, taking four shots to destroy a freshly built piece of wood whereas the Compact SMG takes five for about 0.5 seconds difference. The Suppressed Submachine Gun takes seven shots to destroy a fully built piece of wood whereas the Compact SMG takes eight.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Compact SMG takes inspiration from the FN P90, though it has a longer handguard, shorter rear end with a small stock and the railed frame is moved further from the trigger grip. Also, the shell ejection port is moved directly under the thumb grip hole.
- Despite its Suppressed Submachine Gun. variant being the rarest SMG in the game, it still deals less damage than all three rarities of the
- Unlike all of the other submachine guns in Battle Royale besides the Burst SMG, its name has "Submachine Gun" abbreviated to "SMG".