|Category||Battle Royale Weapons|
|Last Adjustment||Patch 13.00|
The Compact SMG is an SMG in Battle Royale. It is available in and variants. It uses Light Bullets, has a head shot multiplier of x1.75, and lacks first shot accuracy. The Compact SMG quickly fires low damage shots for long periods of time, but has mediocre accuracy, a long reload time, and very quickly decreasing damage at range. The Compact SMG can be obtained from Henchmen, Vault Chests, Upgrade Benches, Supply Drops, and sidegrading a or Rapid Fire SMG.
The Compact SMG has been added to the Vault on Patch 9.01, making it exclusively available in Creative. It was vaulted due to the release of the Tactical Assault Rifle, and due to Drum Gun being unvaulted.
In Chapter 2 Season 1, the Compact SMG texture was used for the and Submachine Gun while the Compact SMG got a new texture, probably because Epic Games made a mistake. The Compact SMG and the Submachine Gun of equivalent rarities have almost the exact same stats with the reload speeds being adjusted to balance the weapons due to differing magazine sizes
The Compact SMG has been unvaulted in Chapter 2 Season 3 and can be obtained by upgrading an SMG, searching chests, eliminating any type of Henchmen or by sidegrading an or Rapid Fire SMG. Though something weird and confusing is that the normal and Submachine Gun was unvaulted too.
After a while after the Patch 13.00 released, a hotfix was deployed and made the Submachine Gun's stats match the Compact SMG.and variants of the
Stats[edit | edit source]
Previous Stats (Patch 5.10)[edit | edit source]
Textures[edit | edit source]
After Patch 11.00
Availability[edit | edit source]
Compact SMG has a chance to appear among same weapon class in the following circumstances:
Compact SMG has a chance to appear among all weapons in the following circumstances:
|Rarity||Chest Loot||Floor Loot||Supply Drop||Supply Llama|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- The Compact SMG's large magazine of 40 bullets allows it 4 seconds of sustained fire. This makes it a powerful tool to pressure buildings and opponents alike.
- Its large magazine and fast fire rate allow it to melt through many buildings in no time.
- Its larger magazine size comes with a disadvantage of a 3 second reload time, which is enough time for an opponent to drink a Small Shield Potion.
- The Submachine Gun deal the same damage while only holding 10 less Light Bullets than the Compact, and fire 2 more bullets per second, with DPSs of 240/252, substantially higher than the Compact, and reloads in nearly half the time, making the Compact not viable, as they both have the same accuracy. (However, this was changed in the Patch 13.00 hotfix, the and Submachine Gun has the same stats as the Compact.) The and Tactical Submachine Gun have an even higher rate of fire, holds only 5 less, and reloads in about 1 second less than the Compact, having the highest DPS of any weapon in the game, with even more accuracy and range. and
- Its mediocre accuracy and lack of first shot accuracy isn't a problem at its optimal close range. This only starts affecting the Compact SMG at medium range and beyond.
- The Compact SMG has very high damage drop off at range. This combined with its accuracy makes it unsuitable as a weapon to be used beyond close range, even at the start of a match if it's your only gun.
- The Compact SMG has practically no penalties for continuous fire and strafing, making it a somewhat very viable choice to fire while moving, whether from the hip or while aiming down sights.
- The Rapid Fire SMG beats out the Compact SMG in DPS, and the Rapid Fire SMG beats out both variants of the Compact SMG in that area.
- Its downgrade, the Suppressed Submachine Gun, actually destroys materials faster than the Compact SMG, taking four shots to destroy a freshly built piece of wood whereas the Compact SMG takes five for about 0.5 seconds difference. The Suppressed Submachine Gun takes seven shots to destroy a fully built piece of wood whereas the Compact SMG takes eight.
- The Compact SMG was more similar to an Upgraded Drum Gun However it later started to be more of a Submachine Gun Upgrade Instead.
Changes[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Compact SMG takes inspiration from the FN P90, though it has a longer handguard, shorter rear end with a small stock and the railed frame is moved further from the trigger grip. Also, the shell ejection port is moved directly under the thumb grip hole.
- Despite its Suppressed Submachine Gun. variant being the rarest SMG in the game, it still deals less damage than all three rarities of the
- Unlike all of the other submachine guns in Battle Royale besides the Burst SMG, its name has "Submachine Gun" abbreviated to "SMG".
- In real life, this weapon's bullet calibre would be unique. While in-game this weapon is portrayed as firing 9x19mm "Parabellum" rounds (light ammo), in reality, the weapon has its own unique calibre, FN 5.7x28mm. Considering the 9x19mm's squat form and rounded tip, if a real-life P90 would be converted to fire Parabellum rounds, it would probably be able to store 80 rounds in the magazine.
- This was the only Tactical Submachine Gun was added).
SMG in the game. (Until Patch 10.40 when the
- The new texture that the weapon received was originally meant for the new Here's a proof, its file name is "SMG (Epic).png" which means it was meant for the new SMG. and SMG, but it was changed an unknown reason.
- The Compact SMG is the first vaulted weapon to get a new texture. However, this was an accident, as it was supposed to go to the Submachine Gun. and Standard
- This weapon used to have 50 bullets in the magazine, but because of complains due to it being overpowered, it has been decreased to 40.
- The Weapon was Unvaulted in "The End" Event for an Unknown reason. This is likely due to Epic Planning to add it back in for Chapter 2 but was simply Used for its Damage and Model for the Submachine Gun brought in Chapter 2 Season 1. and Standard
- The Compact SMG may have original been an Indirect Extension to the normal SMG possibly making the SMG the only weapon in the game with 2 Legendary Extensions.
- It could have also been an Extention to the Drum Gun.
- This at one point had the 3rd Highest DPS in the game (264 beating the Epic Tactical SMG's 260)
- However even if the stats of the Release Compact SMG stayed, The Legendary Tactical SMG (273) and the Legendary Double Barrel Shotgun (Season 5 with 285) would still beat it for the Highest overall DPS.
- The Compact SMG has the triangle on it, which the Suppressed weapons have too. It is probably a company which makes the weapons in Battle Royale.